Spider Mite Anihilation!

• Thread starter cannakis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannakis

cannakis

Have major infestation... All stemming from one corner which is usually wet because of leaning on house so water runs off there...

Sprayed which I forgot to do for a month... Killed some but there's still some thriving colonies.

RIU suggested using Big Time Exterminator.? Also thinking of buying some extra lady bugs and predator mites.?

I'm in a seaofgreen and would like to keep the girls. The main infestation is in plants that will be ready in a couple weeks... Should I just remove them now and throw away? Wait till finished and water cure? Thanks so much for the help!!!

M

motz

@cannakis. Spideymites like dry arrid places not moisture are you sure you have the borg.

cannakis

cannakis

@cannakis. Spideymites like dry arrid places not moisture are you sure you have the borg.
Why do you say that? Yes I'm sure and it's the pots that were staying wet most of the time -- old house leaning every which way. I hope it's Not the two spotted, but hopefully just average outdoor mites I brought in....

M

motz

Cuz its a fact look up spideymites on the net.
Also a person does not completely rid themselves of mites, anyone who gardens has them.
It's when the group gets big enough to colonize is when they're at their worse.
Your grow area might be a tad to dry.
All info is on the net, read about your enemy before going to war with them.
Freezing don't even eradicate them they find warm places like cracks and crevices in the winter.

cannakis

cannakis

Cuz its a fact look up spideymites on the net.
Also a person does not completely rid themselves of mites, anyone who gardens has them.
It's when the group gets big enough to colonize is when they're at their worse.
Your grow area might be a tad to dry.
All info is on the net, read about your enemy before going to war with them.
Freezing don't even eradicate them they find warm places like cracks and crevices in the winter.
Man someone seems pissed off take a dab please. Well hate to break it to you mr smarty pants the soil being Too Wet or Too Dry can cause them and in my case my soil is Too Wet. It's a fact bro (in my PC voice) check it out. It's a fact because the plants that got hit are we're Always real wet soil. Bro Fact. Always you are right as well. See I admit others are right and not condescendingly talk down to someone asking a question... But you are right as well because my Soil was very Wet yet I Also had very Dry Arrid Air instead of spraying wit water weekly like I should and have More airflow.

Anyways got some Azamax at local shop he said it is the best should do it... After a week of three spraying if not then I can go back and he'll order some bugs and stuff for me... Anyways we shall see, getting to work here soon spraying it all down top to bottom!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Man someone seems pissed off take a dab please. Well hate to break it to you mr smarty pants the soil being Too Wet or Too Dry can cause them and in my case my soil is Too Wet. It's a fact bro (in my PC voice) check it out. It's a fact because the plants that got hit are we're Always real wet soil. Bro Fact. Always you are right as well. See I admit others are right and not condescendingly talk down to someone asking a question... But you are right as well because my Soil was very Wet yet I Also had very Dry Arrid Air instead of spraying wit water weekly like I should and have More airflow.

Anyways got some Azamax at local shop he said it is the best should do it... After a week of three spraying if not then I can go back and he'll order some bugs and stuff for me... Anyways we shall see, getting to work here soon spraying it all down top to bottom!
Jeez! I think you need a dab bud. I don't see anything in his post being a smartypants! He was trying to help. You asked for help and now you want to argue with the people trying to help you...

cannakis

cannakis

Jeez! I think you need a dab bud. I don't see anything in his post being a smartypants! He was trying to help. You asked for help and now you want to argue with the people trying to help you...
Haha Okay I apologize. Apparently I do read too much into what people say and how they say it. My apologies.

M

motz

Not a smarty pants never claimed to be you wanted help I gave you info straight off the net.
Went thru it myself, let my humidity get to low and that caused the problem.
Don't know how ya got that was out of anger.
Take the info as you want, its not my problem.
I like pyrtheum bomb myself they take care of everything.
Now I have to medicate from having to deal with nozzles like you

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Not a smarty pants never claimed to be you wanted help I gave you info straight off the net.
Went thru it myself, let my humidity get to low and that caused the problem.
Don't know how ya got that was out of anger.
Take the info as you want, its not my problem.
I like pyrtheum bomb myself they take care of everything.
Now I have to medicate from having to deal with nozzles like you

Last 2 lines of this made me piss my pants laughing....dunno why I'm telling you tho......lol

M

motz

Oh and get a humidifier your plants will love ya for it and it beats throwing water everywhere.

shemshemet

shemshemet

I had mites and have now completely eradicated them.

@motz you are right spider mites prefer warm and dry.

But you are wrong that every garden has mites.

In my opinion, indoors spider mites MUST be eradicated.

@cannakis my advice is to stop bringing soil in from outdoors. Next toss everything you cannot clean with borax. Next clean every single thing in your room with a borax solution (borax and warm water). next take your borax solution, put it in a spray bottle, and spray spray spray every single point of surface area in your room and directly outside room.

I would recommend waiting at least 1 week if not 2 and spray borax again in every crack crevice and cranny. Walls floor ceiling.

Now youre good to grow with no mites

Michal

Michal

I call bullshit on "you'll always have mites" too.

Seems like a justification for failure. If you can't get rid of mites, you're doing it wrong. "Borg" my ass, they're tiny little shites that die from anything properly applied.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I call bullshit on "you'll always have mites" too.

Seems like a justification for failure. If you can't get rid of mites, you're doing it wrong. "Borg" my ass, they're tiny little shites that die from anything properly applied.
Agreed, mites are easy to eradicate

M

motz

I think you need to look up spidermites in Google and get to reading there boyz.

They are all over outside and you inadvertently bring them in, fact.
Every time you do yard work you run into them, weedeating, cutting the grass, pets bring them in, kids bring them in, yadda yadda yadda.
Bringing plants in and out and it don't matter what kind of plants.

Unless you got an out door shower and dressed for hazmat details, that you take off before you come inside, guess what you got them too.
They don't do any real damage until they are colonized.
So for people who say this is bullshit, you're probably standing in a cowyard.
Do some reading on the subject before flopping the lips. These are facts.
Not uneducated assumptions like most on here.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I think you need to look up spidermites in Google and get to reading there boyz.

They are all over outside and you inadvertently bring them in, fact.
Every time you do yard work you run into them, weedeating, cutting the grass, pets bring them in, kids bring them in, yadda yadda yadda.
Bringing plants in and out and it don't matter what kind of plants.

Unless you got an out door shower and dressed for hazmat details, that you take off before you come inside, guess what you got them too.
They don't do any real damage until they are colonized.
So for people who say this is bullshit, you're probably standing in a cowyard.
Do some reading on the subject before flopping the lips. These are facts.
Not uneducated assumptions like most on here.
Did the reading a long long time ago when I had mites. Then I easily eradicated them from my garden and a haven't had them since. I make no uneducated assumptions on the matter just many years of experience. If you can't get rid of mites , one of the easiest pests to get out of the garden I think you should do a little learning from one of the many farmers that can deal with them. I'm talking indoor gardens, being mite free indoors is childs play . If your having mite issues I'd hate to see what happens when you get a real pest.

M

motz

I don't have problems with mites but to think you don't have any, period.
You must be one that looks at the world thru rose colored glasses.

I see you have had them though must've let your guard down, aye?

Latest posts

Top Bottom