Spider mite curing ( hopefully )

• Thread starter ChrispyTater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

So I realised ( a little late ) I had a decent spider mite epidemic on my hands. This is my first grow, so the signs I first saw I mistook and nutrient issues. I have done some research and talked with a few guys and gals on here which was extremely helpful. So ive acquired some insect spray after talking with the local flower shop. It’s completely organic concentrate with the ratio of 20ml to 1 liter ( I’m from New Zealand so I don’t do gallons 😂 ). It’s around a week process, so I just thought I’d document / share my eradication experience fingers crossed 🤞

Spider mite curing  hopefully
Spider mite curing  hopefully 2
Spider mite curing  hopefully 3
Spider mite curing  hopefully 4
dire wolf

dire wolf

Yikes
Hi i wish we discussed this earlier when we were chatting earlier in the week

Last edited:
ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Yikes
Hi i wish we discussed this earlier when we were chatting earlier in the week
Yeah had no idea it was as bad as it was. I’ll be starting first treatment tonight, fingers crossed can get them back to good health

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea , i like your casual attitude , live and learn
New zealand -new jersey , those little bastards are relentless.....

mancorn

mancorn

If you have a garden sprayer, you can just use water to spray the bottom of the leaves - avoiding the buds, and blast off the little fukers. Then immediately spray the soil (where the mites are) with neem. (Don't spray the flowers with neem.) This won't stop em, but will slow them down if you're close to harvest.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

If you have a garden sprayer, you can just use water to spray the bottom of the leaves - avoiding the buds, and blast off the little fukers. Then immediately spray the soil (where the mites are) with neem. (Don't spray the flowers with neem.) This won't stop em, but will slow them down if you're close to harvest.
Thanks man if this fails I’ll give it a crack

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Might be bettrr off just smoking em at this point , im not kidding...
Oh shit really ? I’ll send a photo of the one that’s mainly infected. The one you’ve seen most with the big buds is less infected

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. You can spray it up till harvest day. 100% organic. No emulsifier or additives required. Mix with water and spray. Repeat every 2 or 3 days for a week or two. Does not leave any taste or smell on your flowers. Safe for honeybees, as well.

I am a HUGE fan of this stuff! I am recommending it to everyone, great for ALL stages of growth.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...de&qid=1582711738&sprefix=growsafe+bio&sr=8-3

Reactions: Ina
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I realised ( a little late ) I had a decent spider mite epidemic on my hands. This is my first grow, so the signs I first saw I mistook and nutrient issues. I have done some research and talked with a few guys and gals on here which was extremely helpful. So ive acquired some insect spray after talking with the local flower shop. It’s completely organic concentrate with the ratio of 20ml to 1 liter ( I’m from New Zealand so I don’t do gallons 😂 ). It’s around a week process, so I just thought I’d document / share my eradication experience fingers crossed 🤞
Don't forget to burp the spider mite jars! LOL :) Recommend cycling at least two products, if you can't find another you can search home made recipes, many of them are habanero pepper based, the purpose of cycling them is to keep the mites from adapting to just the one, because they will, good luck!

PS: search 'Cervantes Bud washing' on YouTube, it may help

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Than
GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. You can spray it up till harvest day. 100% organic. No emulsifier or additives required. Mix with water and spray. Repeat every 2 or 3 days for a week or two. Does not leave any taste or smell on your flowers. Safe for honeybees, as well.

I am a HUGE fan of this stuff! I am recommending it to everyone, great for ALL stages of growth.

thanks man. Only issue is I live in New Zealand so would probably take to long to get here 😩
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...de&qid=1582711738&sprefix=growsafe+bio&sr=8-3

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Don't forget to burp the spider mite jars! LOL :) Recommend cycling at least two products, if you can't find another you can search home made recipes, many of them are habanero pepper based, the purpose of cycling them is to keep the mites from adapting to just the one, because they will, good luck!

PS: search 'Cervantes Bud washing' on YouTube, it may help
Haha that’s sad and funny at the same time 😂. Sweet as I’ll search it up. Clearly have so much to learn hopefully next one will go a lot better. When starting the grow as a preventative would you just cycle some stuff to keep them off to start with

dire wolf

dire wolf

I dont do the cycle thing , you have to address them when they are alive , i dont think the applications work as preventive

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Wh
I dont do the cycle thing , you have to address them when they are alive , i dont think the applications work as preventive
what actions / precautions do you take as a preventative during veg state and do you continue through flowing stage as well? If you have a link or know some stuff I can read that would be good save yourself from answering all my questions 😂

Vagician

Vagician

Take a look at their MSDS: https://go.lupinsys.com/duluxgroup/...d5df84a27a07f835fe9a2ba7-published/individual

If you use this, you are smoking pyrethrum, a pesticide. It does break down in the sunlight over time but not 100%. It's really your choice on if you want to smoke mitey/pesticidey buds.

"Compared to many pesticides, pyrethrins are not very toxic to humans, and the most common problem is an allergic reaction, but it can last for days. The reaction gets worse with an increase in the dose." (From: https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/pyrethrins-a-challenging-cannabis-contaminant-292730) So, hopefully you're not allergic.

See also:

In regards to Avid, don't use that shit on almost finished plants. Pesticides were designed to be semi-safe for skin contact when being used on ornamental plants. They were never designed to be burnt and inhaled. You are risking your health for your harvest. I'd advise against using either pyrethrum or Avid.

Look into an IPM program using beneficial/predatory mites. When they are done chomping on your bad mites, they leave in search of other food. These can be pricey, but that is a hell of a lot cheaper than the hospital bills coming your way. Honestly, I'm just looking out for your safety. Don't smoke that stuff if you've already sprayed it!

Top Bottom