Spider mite curing ( hopefully )

• Thread starter ChrispyTater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vagician

Vagician

P.S. Organic doesn't mean a thing. Organic products can still be very toxic, even at very small doses. Just because the chemical was extracted from a plant and not synthesized in a lab doesn't mean it is safe.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Take a look at their MSDS: https://go.lupinsys.com/duluxgroup/...d5df84a27a07f835fe9a2ba7-published/individual

If you use this, you are smoking pyrethrum, a pesticide. It does break down in the sunlight over time but not 100%. It's really your choice on if you want to smoke mitey/pesticidey buds.

"Compared to many pesticides, pyrethrins are not very toxic to humans, and the most common problem is an allergic reaction, but it can last for days. The reaction gets worse with an increase in the dose." (From: https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/pyrethrins-a-challenging-cannabis-contaminant-292730) So, hopefully you're not allergic.

See also:

In regards to Avid, don't use that shit on almost finished plants. Pesticides were designed to be semi-safe for skin contact when being used on ornamental plants. They were never designed to be burnt and inhaled. You are risking your health for your harvest. I'd advise against using either pyrethrum or Avid.

Look into an IPM program using beneficial/predatory mites. When they are done chomping on your bad mites, they leave in search of other food. These can be pricey, but that is a hell of a lot cheaper than the hospital bills coming your way. Honestly, I'm just looking out for your safety. Don't smoke that stuff if you've already sprayed it!
Wow thanks a lot for your comment. I so far have only used completely organic material on the plant mainly because in New Zealand they don’t sell many of the harsher chemical based ones for plants that you are consuming. This is what I will be using as a harsher approach but still safe to use to get them hopefully gone.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Yes, chop fine, simmer 20 minutes, do not boil.
Filter in a unbleached coffee filter.
Let cool spray under and top of leaves.
Use caution, it’s like mace to humans and animals.
Make outside.
Thanks a lot for that. Hoping my second grow will go smoother

Vagician

Vagician

Check out these guys: https://www.bioforce.co.nz/products/Mite-E.html

I'm not sure on the legality of cannabis in NZ, but if you can, tell them exactly what your plant is and what the problem is. Usually you'll receive a little pouch that hangs off of the lowest branch of the plant. This pouch has hundreds to thousands of predatory mites in it that slow release and crawl all over your plant. You'll need to replace them every 3-4 weeks but they are the best and safest way to deal with bad mites. Fighting mites with mites 🤘

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Check out these guys: https://www.bioforce.co.nz/products/Mite-E.html

I'm not sure on the legality of cannabis in NZ, but if you can, tell them exactly what your plant is and what the problem is. Usually you'll receive a little pouch that hangs off of the lowest branch of the plant. This pouch has hundreds to thousands of predatory mites in it that slow release and crawl all over your plant. You'll need to replace them every 3-4 weeks but they are the best and safest way to deal with bad mites. Fighting mites with mites 🤘
It’s unfortunately not legal here yet! Thanks for the link I’ll check it out I think my plant is not far of being ready. I have 2 currently one is way worse off than the other

DBFA0165 6A61 4566 95FA CD838C15EAF3
1B575EAB BC99 4AFB A249 2F0EE0664096
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey crispy , nice looking plant ! Dont worry about next time , if you catch em early , you can controll them....

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Hey crispy , nice looking plant ! Dont worry about next time , if you catch em early , you can controll them....
Are the yellowing leaves indication to the plant being closer to harvest or is it a deficiency thing ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Obviously you will get different opinions , but to me it looks completely normal....

I will say that growers have different fertilizer schedeules , where for instance you will record , week by week how much nutes they are giving , ending the feed near the last weeks ...

But in your case , you told me you were feeding soil , guano , so they uptake what they need and dont need during growth etc, so yea , they are just doing their thing....

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

Obviously you will get different opinions , but to me it looks completely normal....

I will say that growers have different fertilizer schedeules , where for instance you will record , week by week how much nutes they are giving , ending the feed near the last weeks ...

But in your case , you told me you were feeding soil , guano , so they uptake what they need and dont need during growth etc, so yea , they are just doing their thing....
As always thanks for your response. Appreciate your time

henry123

henry123

Adding my two cents in, check out this spray -

it's an all natural spray, found out about it thru word of mouth in the community. A bit pricey, but the application is really nice and fine to avoid any plant burn.

Top Bottom