Spider Mites And Empty Tent

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Digger

So after all these years of growing, I finally had my first spider mite infestation. Garden was neglected and I probably brought them in from the land I'm farming on. I'm cutting down the plants now, how would you all deal with an infestation in an empty tent? The only thing up is the lights. I have a few weeks before I would need or want to put anything back in. I would prefer it be organic, but more so that it works so if its a sure fire chemical assault, lets roll. I'll wash the tent down after any treatments. Thanks for any advice.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So after all these years of growing, I finally had my first spider mite infestation. Garden was neglected and I probably brought them in from the land I'm farming on. I'm cutting down the plants now, how would you all deal with an infestation in an empty tent? The only thing up is the lights. I have a few weeks before I would need or want to put anything back in. I would prefer it be organic, but more so that it works so if its a sure fire chemical assault, lets roll. I'll wash the tent down after any treatments. Thanks for any advice.

In biopharm we clean with 70% alcohol. Put it in a mister spray heavy, let sit then wipe and repeat. Better than bleach imo and it should take care of everything. I would run the tent hot (after you have give. Time for fumes to evacuate (above 110deg) for an hour or more. Nothing left. Although if you could submerge it all in 80 deg c water for 10 sec that would solve everything Hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i use bleach,dont know why just makes it seem clean,lol,when ever i harvest first thing clean tent ,lights and fans,then i spray demon x around the base boards of my utility room,drys quick,safe for dogs and cats and most off ,safe for kids,them spiders dont like it much,when im growing once month,peppermint oil,garlic and lavender,if you have a hint of one this shit will have in the light running quick

D

Digger

Thanks very much for the advice! I'm going to clean thoroughly and then spray with essential oils. For anyone new reading this, in about a decade of growing, the first time this happened and the first time I didnt have an oscillating fan going is not a coincidence. LOL Always always have air moving! Always.

Top Bottom