Spider Mites and SNS-217 - 6 Weeks into bloom

• Thread starter hockeyfrk5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hockeyfrk5

Hey all, I have a quick question...

Hey there,

I'm 6 weeks along and just noticed mites, so I went and picked up some sns 217. The guy at the grow store swore by it. "You can even use it up to the day of harvest." So I gave 60 or so plants a good hose down while their lights were off and I'm hoping for a good result. However, after I did this, I went to the SNS website and saw this: "When applying the product take caution not to spray any buds on the plant, in doing so this could result in burning the buds sprayed."

So I'm worried that, being this far along, I could totally screw up my buds. I only have about 2 weeks left, and I don't want to screw this up! Also, from what the guy at the grow store said, it would affect the taste very minimally, if not at all. What are your thoughts?

W

watercooled

You already sprayed it... and it needs to be sprayed every 3 days for at least three applications, so let us know. :-)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It should help control the pesky critters, but probably won't eradicate them. Azamax is the shiiiiiiiiiot... But good luck, and GO RED WINGS! :)

H

hockeyfrk5

Well, three treatments later, I can happily say that I have not seen any bud degradation. I am curious about the effect on flavor though...
I had a fairly light infestation, with minor tenting on just a few plants, so I think this did the trick. I don't see any live adults left, but I do see some eggs underneath some leaves, still. So I'm guessing I'll have to spray at least one more time. But, with such little time left till harvest, I don't see any problem using SNS to keep things under control.

I'm going to spray my veg plants today. I'm thinking Eagle 20 and Azamax. Is that a good call?

S

SNIPER23

Sorry bud, not much you can do except try to keep them from multiplying. After you harvest get rid of everything bomb the room sulfer burn whatever it takes. They never go away

P

PuFFnNugg

ORGANICIDE you can get it at a lot of hardware stores, I know Lowe's carries it. It is organic I think its Fish oil, seasame oil, n one other. I know it doesn't sound like it would but it Murders Mites! I've used it for years, I spray @ least every other week just for preventative bugs spray, thats how much I hate mites! Plants love it too, they look great after a early morning spray. Only down side is it smells like it has Fish Oil in it, LOL! Hope you have carbon filter! Try not to spill any either, worth every stink tho. Plus it's all oil should biodegrade. Your late into flower, don't know how many weeks your doing, but I've always sprayed up to two weeks before flower with organics. Make sure to spray a little before lights come on or late in the evening, raise your lights all the way up if the leaves are wet while they're on. I would also recommend you lower your RH to 50% and run fan on them to prevent molding. At least until the plants are totally dry. I usually mix my spray and turn my dehumidifier down about an hour before lights come on. I'm actually spraying 30 mins before lights come on because I have a thick canopy

aleYarok

aleYarok

i would never spray organicide in flowering plants. smells soo fishy when i spray during veg, stinks the whole room up for a couple days.

do u notice any difference in taste with your buds?

J

jakew215

i sprayed my plants last run with SN217 a couple days before harvest last run, as they were tenting like crazy.

i couldnt taste or smell shit. neither could the club that paid 800 a qp for it.

i even told them i sprayed them before i gave out samples, the shit is completely organic from my understanding.

long term effects on the body though? i have no idea. but i know it helped me comnbat my mite problem and my weed was still dank...

aleYarok

aleYarok

i sprayed my plants last run with SN217 a couple days before harvest last run, as they were tenting like crazy.

i couldnt taste or smell shit. neither could the club that paid 800 a qp for it.

i even told them i sprayed them before i gave out samples, the shit is completely organic from my understanding.

long term effects on the body though? i have no idea. but i know it helped me comnbat my mite problem and my weed was still dank...
great to hear. i just ordered some online as none of the local hydro stores carried it.

M

mark McGuire

I've used it 12 days before harvest and no adverse effects on quality of taste or the way it burned watso ever.I used it 3 times that week but also still saw eggs but by that time I was too close to pulling down to keep spraying.you should have no worries.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

wow sounds like good shit for sure. I had a bad breakout last run. Did a two room bleach down cleaned everything,pumps,hoses,fans,etc than got Forbid w/pink excellerator and I havn`t seen shit in 7 weeks. Flipped the lights n waited for them to show but nadda. So Forbid takes care of them until you bring them back in. T

G Star

G Star

ahhh, you won't believe how thrilled i am to have found this thread.

I am 2 weeks into flower with mild tenting on about 10% of my plants and i'm FREAKING out.

Thanks for the useful info, i'm buying sns 217 tomorrow!

P

PotDragon

ahhh, you won't believe how thrilled i am to have found this thread.

I am 2 weeks into flower with mild tenting on about 10% of my plants and i'm FREAKING out.

Thanks for the useful info, i'm buying sns 217 tomorrow!

I am right there g star; two weeks in and freaking.

Care to share results?

Thanks. Peace

Top Bottom