Spider mites!!! Are these methods affective?!?! Need help plz!!!

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I use azamax in veg every 5 days, No problem in flowering u killed them all. gets all over leaves so spray with water severall hours later or next day. Be consistent and u can control them.

O

Organicyumyum

Thatd b the concentrate be fore you dilute it 5 to 1. It can burn shit up at higher levels than 3%. Have a friend who made some and had dilution wrong and killed a rack of clones.

oops, my bad. i think you guys are right, it is the concentrate that is ten percent. i guess when you dilute it it would be 2-3%.

click80

click80

oops, my bad. i think you guys are right, it is the concentrate that is ten percent. i guess when you dilute it it would be 2-3%.

It's kinda funny, Ed's Zero Tolerance is 2% Rosemary isn't it? I tried mixing up my own with an Alcohol based Rosemary Extract in it, it worked well enough but definitely not as good as the SNS, i used that once when i got a free sample, I might try to make some more, I remember thinking at the time that I needed a real surfactant, maybe SM90 or something would work as a surfactant for that purpose, it is a wetting agent, same thing I think? Any thoughts?

O

Organicyumyum

It's kinda funny, Ed's Zero Tolerance is 2% Rosemary isn't it? I tried mixing up my own with an Alcohol based Rosemary Extract in it, it worked well enough but definitely not as good as the SNS, i used that once when i got a free sample, I might try to make some more, I remember thinking at the time that I needed a real surfactant, maybe SM90 or something would work as a surfactant for that purpose, it is a wetting agent, same thing I think? Any thoughts?

all sns is is water, rosemary oil and an emulsifier. you could use some dish soap, but the sm-90 would prob. work as well. i like to use sns cause their formula is specific and i don't have time to run tests. if i see mites, they have to go immediately and im not trying to burn plants with a homemade version. at some point i will experiment with a homemade version and try to get the ratio on point

B

brer

Rubbing alcohol ?

Reading with interest as i have spidermites also thank's everyone wish spinosad was available here .
Ya'll covered everything pretty much so, except rubbing alcohol or i used Isoproply 99.5% diluted @ 1:3 , i sprayed and might have caused harm , desperate times for desperate measures .
It has been suggested that spraying plants with a 1:1 mixture of alcohol and water will kill spider mites on contact. Rubbing alcohol, like any alcohol for any creature, is poisonous in high dosages, and it evaporates quickly doing little damage to the plant it's been sprayed on. Some people suggest a 1:3 mixture of rubbing alcohol to water, but the strong the mixture, the more certain you are to get as many mites as possible. Make sure to cover the entire plant, focusing on the bottoms of the leaves where spider mites tend to hang out.
I'll hit ya back if i have had success @ last , hopefully .
There's also companion planting or cedar chips to consider .
Use lady's nylon on the intake and good luck all thank's .

C

critical

well after spraying em with the plant vitality plus at the start of the battle, and after my strict schedule with spraying em with the neem repel for a good month or so, and after removeing ALL leafs with bitemarks, i seem to have defeated the lil fuckers!! not a mite in sight, at the mo anyway, i dont wannna count my eggs before theve hatched u know? its been about 6 weeks since i first noticed em, n i hit em hard from then till now, and its 2 weeks into flower now n all good, lucious green, healthely budding plants so im guna use the neem till its gone or till before the last 2 or 3 weeks incase taste is affected, n i should be home free :) n with some MASSIVE healthy plants that hopefully stay that way, lets hope im right, i should be as about 4 weeks now i havent seen any mites, just eggs on the leafs i removed that had bitemarks n im pretty sure they were dead anyway from the nukeing lol and i disposed of them instantly just incase n checked surounding leafs ontop and underneath n all clear n healthy, no mites signs for 4 weeks is now long enough to know right?

C

critical

does any1 know if its true that mites only stay on or near the leaf they was layed on and feed on? if so could an affective method of geting rid of them be to just chop all the leafs with bite marks on and/or the intire node connected to them off? if the theory is right then that would in affect remove every mite if every mite biten leaf is removed no? it wouldnt matter to me as the only affected leaf areas are right at the bottom of plant, that is if they are affected, like i said im hopeing the bite marks are from before i fucked em off coz like i said no sign of em in respect of web or visuals of live mites, but i see a couple of eggs under the leafs concerned..my only saveing graces could be that they are dead dud eggs n bite marks from before i nuked em all with the plant vitality plus which is said to kill all mites and eggs IF contacted directly, and the neem repel that i been spraying with for about a month every 3 days (and the day inbetween that iv been spraying straight water) is meant to leave a barrier over eggs which stops em from hatching n clogs the live 1s breathing ways apperently, it does leave a shiney oil like coat on my plants leaves so maybe...stay kool peeps

any1 know if im correct to believe this or not? i read the info on a website bout geting rid of spider mites

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Just dip the whole plant in floramite and u should be good for awhile, any surface not touched mite give those assholes a chance to reproduce a new army...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Critical, if it's been weeks and you're not finding the stippling or other signs, especially with as diligent as I have a feeling you've been, I would offer up as my opinion that you have indeed won the war.

Congratulations. :)

J

Jalisco Kid

Critical, if it's been weeks and you're not finding the stippling or other signs, especially with as diligent as I have a feeling you've been, I would offer up as my opinion that you have indeed won the war.

I would not bet on that . He is in 2 weeks ,more then likely once he started missing with the plants the females went dormant. When the humidity goes back up around week 5 they seem to come back. When you attack the borg you have to hit them with your best shot. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps it depends on species, but I found that higher humidity really causes their numbers to drop. I got the impression that he's been very diligent about Tx, etcetera.

C

critical

i hope so seamaiden i do hope so.. they all look happy now with perky green leafs, apart from at the bottom of the super sour og?, they seem to be goin yellow n once they completly have they develop black spots just before falling off? no bitemarks on em or eggs or mite signs though n only geting bout 1-3 leafs dropping every 3 days or so, i havent personaly come across this leaf deficiancy before but i think it might be a potassium deficiancy? i do know that for a reason that i cant quite remember, sometimes the plants will use up the stored energy in lower leafs to use for something when they need it but i cant remember what.. do you or any1 else know? and i know they shead leaves naturaly in some strains anyway as the critical mass does later into flower but not this soon and with these dots on em? not right in my books...

also i know that scale insects , mealy bugs n, thrips n aphids are pests that cause this but there are defenatly no signs of any of these anywere, for sure so it must be a deficiancy of some kind

click80

click80

that reminds me my hydro store girl (lady) has asked me a couple times if i wanted to try some powdered Azidrachtin (same stuff thats inside azamax) she said it's the same except for it is 6% and Azamax is like 2%....anyone use this stuff ??

...I did not want to give it a go as I am just getting my moms over some weirdness and don't want to take any chances on anything strange....

R

Rowdy boy

I heard that if you neem late into flowering your bud tastes like shit...?

I was watering and saw some white powdery like substance on my leaves and thought "hmmm... white powdery mildew? wonder how that got there?" I was doing some research on white powdery mildew and found a site where it said that you will know it's powdery mildew cause you can wipe it off with your fingers. I went out to see if I could wipe off this white stuff and discovered it was SPIDER MITES! BAD BAD BAD infestion on this one plant in the middle of my garden. Now I am growing outdoors so I'm into heavy flower right now. Bubba Kush if that matters. Anyway, I don't want to spray anything on the plant that will effect the taste of the bud upon harvest but I'm still at least a month away from harvest too. I'm thinking lady bugs but will that be fast enough? I heard a mild soapy water solution sprayed on the plant will kill them but will that effect the flavor? really, what is the safest and best cure this late into flower?

O

Organicyumyum

I heard that if you neem late into flowering your bud tastes like shit...?

I was watering and saw some white powdery like substance on my leaves and thought "hmmm... white powdery mildew? wonder how that got there?" I was doing some research on white powdery mildew and found a site where it said that you will know it's powdery mildew cause you can wipe it off with your fingers. I went out to see if I could wipe off this white stuff and discovered it was SPIDER MITES! BAD BAD BAD infestion on this one plant in the middle of my garden. Now I am growing outdoors so I'm into heavy flower right now. Bubba Kush if that matters. Anyway, I don't want to spray anything on the plant that will effect the taste of the bud upon harvest but I'm still at least a month away from harvest too. I'm thinking lady bugs but will that be fast enough? I heard a mild soapy water solution sprayed on the plant will kill them but will that effect the flavor? really, what is the safest and best cure this late into flower?

SNS-217!!!! it is a must this late in flower. you can spray it up until harvest, though i'd give it a few days before pulling them down after spraying or you may have a slight rosemary flavor to your herb.

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

I've read alot of different theories in this forum. Neem oil is a beast and the variation. Ive had mites on two seperate occasions and handled them two seperate ways. The first way was I used neem oil, organicide, an sms brand, and insect spray. I alternated these in the spray form every 4-5 days and after about 6-8 weeks in my house wasn't no biggie. The second method I used was, I lower my AC in the room at 60 degrees because mites go dormant in those temps, and I water the plants with a light azamax application the first day. The next day I introduced lady bugs into the room and let them do their thing. This whole process cut my time down in half and took about 2-3 weeks in which I didn't see a egg in the room. I don't know how helpful this would be or the complete science behind it, but it works if done correctly.

true grit

true grit

I would not bet on that . He is in 2 weeks ,more then likely once he started missing with the plants the females went dormant. When the humidity goes back up around week 5 they seem to come back. When you attack the borg you have to hit them with your best shot. JK

Agreed on that one. I don't consider battle won until i am veg cycle/ full flower free...then I get to do full clean up again.

Critical- If they come back, just use Mighty Wash. Have used it in mine and several gardens now and it works. if you had mites, i'd probably use it anyway for re-assurance. cheap and works.

C

critical

Agreed on that one. I don't consider battle won until i am veg cycle/ full flower free...then I get to do full clean up again.

Critical- If they come back, just use Mighty Wash. Have used it in mine and several gardens now and it works. if you had mites, i'd probably use it anyway for re-assurance. cheap and works.

thanks i might have to try get off ebay, whats your thoughts on the plant vitality plus or the sns 217 product bein used that late into flower, or the neem repel? i know the neem repel is a 100% food crop safe organic product but heard it makes the end product taste abit dirty when erb is consirned, and the plant vitality plus says u can use up till 6 hours or days before harvest i cant remember but i wouldnt realy take that chance either 1 for the taste again.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

I would never recommend spraying anything the last 6 days to six hours. That is way to far in flowering I dont care what anyone says spraying that late will effect the taste regardless what your spraying.

If your that late in flowering your not gonna be doing anything to those mites, dead or alive there still gonna be all over your buds. Its not like there gonna be gone n taken care of like if you would have sprayed 8 weeks ago.

C

critical

Perhaps it depends on species, but I found that higher humidity really causes their numbers to drop. I got the impression that he's been very diligent about Tx, etcetera.

iv also found this to work when i tryed in veg, and iv read it actually makes the mites burst were they absorb to much water in, or they just end up drowning if you do that and keep spraying em, either way works for me...

Top Bottom