Spider mites!!! Are these methods affective?!?! Need help plz!!!

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

critical

I would never recommend spraying anything the last 6 days to six hours. That is way to far in flowering I dont care what anyone says spraying that late will effect the taste regardless what your spraying.

If your that late in flowering your not gonna be doing anything to those mites, dead or alive there still gonna be all over your buds. Its not like there gonna be gone n taken care of like if you would have sprayed 8 weeks ago.

have you missed what i wrote through and near the beginning of my thread or sumthing mate? i noticed them straight away half way through veg and got humidity n temp above 90 humidity n 90f in kept spraying with water, then blasted them away for 2 week every 2 days till my plant vitality plus ran out and the neem repel inbetween, then kept spraying every 3 days with the neem repel n every day inbetween with water up to this day which is week 3 of flower

so iv already been taking care of them, very much so and didnt from 8 weeks ago coz theve only been there since 6 or 7 weeks ago when i see the first of em n iv been treating them FROM STRAIGHT AWAY TILL NOW, and they were gone with no signs of em after the first blast with the plant vitality plus and i found deads 1's hanging from my plants! so the plant vitality must of worked

i was still conserned coz i found a couple plants had bite marks on 1 or 2 leafs right at the bottom, and eggs underneath the leaf ( i then removed all bit and egged leafs and searched the rest around and was all clear) but im hoping they were dead eggs and old bitemarks from before as the plant vitality and the neem repel both are said to kill mite and egg on contact and im not sure how with the plant vitality does, natural poison i think, but i know the neem repel suffocates both to achive eradication or sumtimes just makes impotent if not enough has made contact

so now do you think i havnt caught them in time or done enough? also i am coserned coz someone on here said they are known to come back at week 5, does it matter that these cant be the super cali spider mites that are resistant to some miticides as im in england????? just regular 1's so i might have a better chance than first thought right????

C

critical

I would never recommend spraying anything the last 6 days to six hours. That is way to far in flowering I dont care what anyone says spraying that late will effect the taste regardless what your spraying.

If your that late in flowering your not gonna be doing anything to those mites, dead or alive there still gonna be all over your buds. Its not like there gonna be gone n taken care of like if you would have sprayed 8 weeks ago.

so after my last post do you think i should be kool? n i wouldnt spray anything on my girls past week 5, or 6 maybe if they needed it, that should be stopped early enough not to affect taste shouldnt it? there going to 8 n 9 weeks. n iv give em a break now after 7 weeks of treating at week 3 of flower n am planning on leaving them now unless i see anymore signs of mites, is that safe in your books???

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Yean man as long as you catch it early
I would go pretty crazy the first maybe 2 weeks flowering to ensure yourself
but anything after that is just gonna make your pistils n hairs turn from white to a dark shade, which in turn im sure is gonna affect the taste slightly.

i dunno about the products your using tho, water? straight water? Id think that isnt the most affective way to go?
and your other products i cant back you on doing any damage to the eggs themselves, i havent heard of that
thats y i keep rec. sns its the only product that has truly worked for me. im guessing because of the claim it takes care of the eggs as well.
You cant have mites w/o eggs

just keep a close eye on your girls n try to keep those temps down.
Given you have a decent temp around or below 70 your gonna make it really hard for them to reproduce and i dont see any major infestation happening from now till harvest
post some pics up if you wanna be sure.

B

Buddy Hemphill

You could foliar with silica. It cuts up the mites guts. I use kelp, humic, and silica weekly as a foliar.

Its a bandaid for sure. More a part of my preventative. But at the stage you are in...any little trick helps.

IMHO....there is a lot to be said for pulling off the leaves that are infected the worst BEFORE you foliar. Just get a trash bag to put them in and pour alcohol over the mess when you are done.

If you pull 3 or 4 badly infected leaves from all of your plants...how many mites and eggs have you destroyed? ALOT! Its time consuming.....but..... if it helps....its worth it.

Defoliate those bitches (of infected leaves) and it will help your cause. If you notice, there is always like a "home base" leaf. One which has the largest congregation. Get ALL those.

Good luck homie.

C

critical

Yean man as long as you catch it early
I would go pretty crazy the first maybe 2 weeks flowering to ensure yourself
but anything after that is just gonna make your pistils n hairs turn from white to a dark shade, which in turn im sure is gonna affect the taste slightly.

i dunno about the products your using tho, water? straight water? Id think that isnt the most affective way to go?
and your other products i cant back you on doing any damage to the eggs themselves, i havent heard of that
thats y i keep rec. sns its the only product that has truly worked for me. im guessing because of the claim it takes care of the eggs as well.
You cant have mites w/o eggs

just keep a close eye on your girls n try to keep those temps down.
Given you have a decent temp around or below 70 your gonna make it really hard for them to reproduce and i dont see any major infestation happening from now till harvest
post some pics up if you wanna be sure.

sweet m8 i will post some pics soon as i get another phone or camera sorted just been busy taken care of my girls at mo, and im pretty sure i caught em early enough, and i only sprayed with the cold water to suffocate n drown n make em weak before i used the products for the best result, seems to have worked though so no worries

:banana1sv6:

C

critical

You could foliar with silica. It cuts up the mites guts. I use kelp, humic, and silica weekly as a foliar.

Its a bandaid for sure. More a part of my preventative. But at the stage you are in...any little trick helps.

IMHO....there is a lot to be said for pulling off the leaves that are infected the worst BEFORE you foliar. Just get a trash bag to put them in and pour alcohol over the mess when you are done.

If you pull 3 or 4 badly infected leaves from all of your plants...how many mites and eggs have you destroyed? ALOT! Its time consuming.....but..... if it helps....its worth it.

Defoliate those bitches (of infected leaves) and it will help your cause. If you notice, there is always like a "home base" leaf. One which has the largest congregation. Get ALL those.

Good luck homie.

sweet m8 im pretty sure it has worked still no sign of the fuckers, thanks

hempster333

hempster333

Neem oil

neem oil has a taste to it you have to use it every two to three days at least three times, the mites can move to new growth to fast !what i have heard on this forum site is that there is a product made from rosemary that works on mites and eggs the first time. its expensive look into it i do not know the name

C

critical

neem oil has a taste to it you have to use it every two to three days at least three times, the mites can move to new growth to fast !what i have heard on this forum site is that there is a product made from rosemary that works on mites and eggs the first time. its expensive look into it i do not know the name

thanks that would be the sns 217 product, i think i wiped there population out now, with the products at the start of my thread, n they all look really nice n lush n healthy now for bout a good 4 or 5 weeks, all with perky happy non bitten or infected leafs, but you are right every1 keeps recommending that to me n if the mites come back around week 5 like some people on here said then il prob get some off ebay, i cant find it in the uk? thanks for your time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Avid is extremely toxic and must be handled with care. Mites can become resistant to Avid.

C

critical

Avid is extremely toxic and must be handled with care. Mites can become resistant to Avid.

what sea maiden said, and keep it as organic as you can, try the plant vitality plus that i used it says non toxic and it worked for me and made my ladys perk up something beautiful! but keep ontop of it, a real good soaking every 2 days worked for me with the neem repel inbetween, if that also dosnt work then give this SNS 217 product a try, EVERYONE worth listening to recommends it so it should work quite well shouldnt it, take care n take it easy

C

critical

I hit my moms with it at the medium rate ( 2 tbl/gallon ) and unless the rosemary oil/tincture or marigolds that i keep around are doing something then it's the azamax keeping them way at bay for a good 2 months. I do notice something weird though. Sometimes I will find like one growing tip with a web, they are not on the leaves, but a few will make a web. I have put that down to maybe a little cloud of the buggers rolled through and the azamax is in the leaf enough to keep em off. Weird like i said. I read a paper from CSU and they have found (in their pest monitoring programs) clouds of them periodically rolling through the higher altitude Rockies, which is why i mentioned that.

funny u mentioned that, as thats were n how i found em in the first place! n then right at the bottom after first day i sprayed, n now for at least 6-7 weeks nothing, all clean YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! :character0095:

S

stimothy

AzaMax is more prevention than a knock down ! . Spinisad works to knock em down but whatever you do, DO NOT LET UP!!!
Ice water keeps them at bay but you have to stay at it 3 or 4 times a day every 3 days. Bother, if you find something that works, please share it. Good Luck.
Next year I am all about prevention !

C

critical

AzaMax is more prevention than a knock down ! . Spinisad works to knock em down but whatever you do, DO NOT LET UP!!!
Ice water keeps them at bay but you have to stay at it 3 or 4 times a day every 3 days. Bother, if you find something that works, please share it. Good Luck.
Next year I am all about prevention !

the products at the start of my thread worked for me, use 1 1 day n the other the next, but make sure you spray just before the lights go out so theres no time to burn your leafs k

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Everyone knows that Organic grown buds "taste better" like organic milk compared to regularly homogenized milk, but im the answering for spider mites you have to keep it organic only on the fact that you will be ingesting in some way.

Having said that what you need is something that will repel the mites and other insects in a way that wont add the chemical taste, smell, or affects that the synthetic nutes (if used at all).

Therefore, try making your own organic spray:

There lies two different ways:

1. You could use the same Eugenic Oils for pest removal made from Chrysanthemums (all insect hate Chrysanthemums like weed farmers and cops)....this doesnt need to be a direct spray from Neem oil because the application of Neem oil to a late living plant will still give a harsh taste and will burn a putrid, black ash, opposed to a white, clean ash.

2. A mixture of Lemon juice (for acidity) and Capsaicin (red pepper/chilli powder) for drying out the fluids in the insects will kill them off, yet if you apply this natural mixture to your plants within 2-3 days before harvest, you may give your medicine a bit of a sweet/sour taste (almost like a southern california burrito flavor).....this can be a bad thing, or a good thing depending on where your from :) "805 represent!"

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Here ya go.....

I was trying to find Ed Rosenthal's recipe.....

here it is.....
This reciepe is By Ed Rosenthal Copied from "The Best of High Times Vol. 13"

1 quart water
1/2 pint (8 oz ) denatured alcohol
6 oz very red hot chili peppers. (if there ars no fresh
use 1/2 oz dried chili pepper)
3 strong cigarettes
1 teaspoon Dr. Bronners peppermint soap
(hxxp://drbonner.com/DBSM/PEP.htm)
1/4 easpoon dishing detergent
3 orange peels
2 oz garlic.

Directions: Heat water to lukewarm. Pour into blender and add chili peppers, garlic, cigarettes, and orange peels. Blend intil liquified. Heat to simmering, Let cool to 150 degrees. Add alcohol and let cool. Strain Add soap and detergent.
Note: this procedure creates terribe odors. Do in well ventilated room, or outdoors.

Spray on the plants or use as dip. be sure to get underside of all leaves . Repeat every other day about five times. It leaves a residue, so rinse every second or third application.

Hope it helps man....(hit me up with any more questions)
Im still posting my 25 posts so i can respond to personal messages....

"TokenBlack"

L

luke864

hello, ive used all these , none of them are effective, part from dynamec and that DOES WORK downside is its licensed , i was very lucky i got mine off a farmer, and if you do get your hands on it use them on your cuttings only! it sets them back a week but you can rest asure that mites wont come back, if you keep applying it you will create a super red spider mite which will be immune to it, so only use it once only and make sure your surroundings is clean, i use milton the baby stuff what you clean baby bottles , so it aint harmful to your little ones ;) hope this helps!

S

stimothy

Will cannibis oil kill spider mites ?

I got to thinking about how differnt plant oils kill spidermites, whiteflies, thrips, etc. Like rosemary, orange, lemon, neem, etc. I wonder if marijuana oil will work as well? I would rather spray my flowering plants with some good MMJ oil than anything else. Seems like it might work.
I have some plants that got destroyed by termites, they died about the 3rd wek into flower. Not mature enough for smoke but I did extract some oil that was pretty damn stoney, a little green but hashy taste and potent!
If sprayed with atomizer, so as not to saturate the flowers but enough to suffocate spidermites.
Just a stoned idea! LOL
Any comments? not a waste because the dead plants will go back into the ground if not used for oil!!!

C

critical

hello, ive used all these , none of them are effective, part from dynamec and that DOES WORK downside is its licensed , i was very lucky i got mine off a farmer, and if you do get your hands on it use them on your cuttings only! it sets them back a week but you can rest asure that mites wont come back, if you keep applying it you will create a super red spider mite which will be immune to it, so only use it once only and make sure your surroundings is clean, i use milton the baby stuff what you clean baby bottles , so it aint harmful to your little ones ;) hope this helps!

well u must of missed 1 or 2 mites under a leaf sumwere coz im in mid week 6 of flower after using the products at the start of my thread, in the middle of veg till mid week 1 of flower and like i said week 6 of flower and still no sign of em, there gone for sure n my plants all are healthy as fuck, u just have to stay on it for a good 6 weeks at least from the word go soon as u see em, oh n i lollipoped my plants and in the process removed all bit leafs at the bottom which may of helped 2, n now i have nuffin but big fat n heathy colas at the the top of nice healthy plants

H

hairygrower old

usin alcohol for mites

hey all kinda of a new farmer here been doing hydro for years andnever had a problem like i do now i have been tryin dirt for 3 runs now and have lost the first 2 runs and now my 3rd is infested with mites i have tried azamax neem safer forbid preditor mites lady bugs and a few other items that were givin to me by the local hydro store and not workin yet so i googled and found a system that has worked for the 1st week so far i took rubbing alcohol @1/3 ratio and sprayed a few ladies and within seconds all bugs were dead and the alcohol evaporated fast no ill effects on plants to date so was thinking about givin the whole run a shot any one have any bad attempts of using alcohol would like any comments

thanks in advance
OHG

Latest posts

Top Bottom