spider mites colony 4 weeks in bloom

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

hit those fuckers with the pantry attack! Rubbing alcohol with water 50/50. chili powder in water. attack! wipe them off leaves with damp rag. when all of this fails burn the house to the ground- never stop the offensive.

edit: Oh yeah, and do this attack like three times separated by a day or two to get the job done

ive heard this before, and have always wondered if the alcohol fuck up the thc n what not on the buds?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
alcohol fucks up thc- mites fuck up entire grow. the deal with the alcohol in my mind is that it evaps quickly and does the job- week 4 he's got a problem for sure... I just wanted to throw out a couple of other methods to keep him from going down the toxic avenger route. IE. I'd rather smoke dope that had been sprayed with alcohol at week four than some chemical. Chili powder is more of a 'preventative' but if a room gets all the way to infestation in flower I wouldn't continue being coy about the issue.

Shamus

Shamus

alcohol fucks up thc- mites fuck up entire grow. the deal with the alcohol in my mind is that it evaps quickly and does the job- week 4 he's got a problem for sure... I just wanted to throw out a couple of other methods to keep him from going down the toxic avenger route. IE. I'd rather smoke dope that had been sprayed with alcohol at week four than some chemical. Chili powder is more of a 'preventative' but if a room gets all the way to infestation in flower I wouldn't continue being coy about the issue.

oh didnt mean to offend the mothods homie, i was just curious if youve noticed any effects from doing so.
hope ya have a good day pb :)

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
No offense taken here- I really haven't noticed any ill effects but I have also been mite free in flower for long time. Yes though- I would think a couple of advanced palates like ours would be able to tell something had gone on at week 4. I don't use neem in flower after week 2-3 because of taste/ smell...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
ive heard this before, and have always wondered if the alcohol fuck up the thc n what not on the buds?
Damn this is an old thread! But no, IME, and it's extensive using this, the iso doesn't fuck up the trichomes or anything else. It evaporates too quickly, and if diluted at 1:1 then there's not enough alcohol to cause dissolution. The biggest problem using the iso is cost if you have a big grow.

papamike74

papamike74

NEEM OIL worked beautifully for me and my 2 spotted mite issues. Spray as directed and keep off flowers as they will pick up the neem aroma and it aint nice on flowers. Took 2 weeks to get control and then every 2 weeks respray

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Rubbing alcohol with water 50/50 for the win

B

BestAround

I heard spray shopvac filter. and a lil inside were that ball is.. with mitey wash.. and suck them up to kill them dead instead of just vacuuming them up and spreading them around. then depends on how big ur buds are. but go with pricey solution SNS17 especially if u got a decent harvest coming along. be smart.. don't wana smoke bad shit.

B

Beans

sorry for butting in but the only time ive had mite problems was insufficient air flow on the plants...are you guys beating up the plants with fans? If not you should. Nature beats em up. Those little bastards hate major turbulence. Never had mite problems outdoors, who has?. Fans blowing on plants 24/7. For what everyone wastes on chemicals its worth a try it works for me and I have mites on my indoor house plants but not on my controlled crop (controlled meaning fans). I heard years ago guys talking about cranking co2 to the moon in their rooms for a few days to choke off the bugs. Just a few thoughts

oregonized

oregonized

Someone has been trying to talk me into Ladybugs and found these guys on the web, they are here in me state, but resell seems like in all 50 states.

All kinds of cool chit

Natures' Control Medford, Ore.

I want to try the Mite Destroyers [Stethorus punctillium]
SpiderMiteDestroyerTNrv.JPG

just search beneficial insects AND oregon in Google [Shout-out to the NSA in Utah]

stonestacker

stonestacker

Ok I got my clones two weeks ago, started spraying with mighty wash every 2-3 days top and bottom after lights out. I was looking today saw some yellow spots looked under a microscope and saw eggs lots and lots of friging eggs. Now what do I do! Brand new rooms first indoor grow!!!!!!! Dam I wasn't going to buy clones just for this reason. to dam inpatient. You'd think at my age I would know better.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

when you spray rub all the leaves and the stalk between your fingers to help kill any eggs and mites .

much easier to deal with clones than full out grown plants .

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
so I can go ahead and just spray as usual and keep up the preventive spraying regimen? I'm afraid of ruining my flowers being this late in bloom.
Did you kill those bastards?

B

Beans

looks great....just like beating up the plants with fans....we are trying to duplicate nature and the great outdoors, no? I doubt man can touch every plant in nature most would be extinct by now considering how many lazy people have been roaming around the last couple generations. Lol, not being an asshole on purpose but that advice is good for a select few among us.:D

oregonized

oregonized

sorry for butting in but the only time ive had mite problems was insufficient air flow on the plants...are you guys beating up the plants with fans? If not you should. Nature beats em up. Those little bastards hate major turbulence. Never had mite problems outdoors, who has?. Fans blowing on plants 24/7. For what everyone wastes on chemicals its worth a try it works for me and I have mites on my indoor house plants but not on my controlled crop (controlled meaning fans). I heard years ago guys talking about cranking co2 to the moon in their rooms for a few days to choke off the bugs. Just a few thoughts

I have had mites outside, it happens. Completely organic outdoor space. They happen, the plants were healthy enough to overcome them, but I get them from time to time outdoors, most plants do.........ok, plants in wet areas in the pnw, humidity swings are common and I have feeling we are in a mite breeding ground at times both harmful and beneficial.

As for turbulence, it will slow them down, but not eradicate them. Granted I blow over my ladies indoors always but it is to manage the humidity to slow them down, which is always my 1st defense. Mites DO NOT like humidity, that will cause them physical harm and eradicate them. Among other methods, when they start to get thick as thieves. Compost top dressing also works as the 2nd line of defense and I would bet that it's effectiveness is in its hydrated nature? Then all the other crap that takes time away from your day.

I think alot of people tend to misdiagnose thrip damage as well. Will wind eradicate them? [Serious question]

Latest posts

Top Bottom