spider mites colony 4 weeks in bloom

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

FML guys.

I have azatrol and mitey wash as part of my pest control arsenal. I simply became too lazy after the first week of bloom and did not spray regularly. I always knew I had some mites but damn what I saw the other day after being away for 2 days scared the shit out of me.

I saw a colony of them dangling from the top of my hoods to the tip of my plants.

Seems like only one is majorly infected but I do not want this to get out of control anymore.

I know I'm stupid for letting it get this far but will it be safe to spray at this point in bloom? This is my second run and not very experienced with mite control so any advice is greatly appreciated.

from this point on forward i'll start a preventive routine so I won't have this happen anymore.

B

Bluenote

SNS-17........... completely organic , rosemary oil based and works in bud without the negatives of chemicals.

LAst year was **really** bad up here for the Borg , seems like everybody was fighting the war , in and outside. SNS17 proved itself in that cruucible , though I WILL bitch endlessly about the price I always keep some around now , their PM product is pretty damn good and non toxic too , though I do use sulfur burners in veg and pottasium bicarb wash if necessary.

B

Bluenote

yep sns is costly
green cure spray hurts them also.
h

Seems like they're getting worse , almost have to cycle the various products nowadays. Furthermore a bit of research on the 'net comes up with a couple of varieties that are immune to everything but the most toxic crap.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Hey Bluenote, where can I get sulfur candles? Anywhere in the US? I don't really want to makem', just buy some!

evu80

evu80

so I can go ahead and just spray as usual and keep up the preventive spraying regimen? I'm afraid of ruining my flowers being this late in bloom.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You can use sns until way late bro. Wipe the fuckers out. Go to a max yield convention and they will give youhuge bottles as samples. I scored last year on like 4 quarts of the concentrate. free.

B

Bluenote

Hey Bluenote, where can I get sulfur candles? Anywhere in the US? I don't really want to makem', just buy some!

That's a good question , I've heard that some folks were using sulfur candles to avoid the residue if they did it during Flower , problem with that is that it's the residue that exacerbates the PH change that stops the mildew , the sulfur burners use a 99 percent sulfur .

I'm interested as to whether the candles would work.

And I'll second Capulator on the SNS17 in flower , direct experience it's been just fine in bud , and since it controls the eggs too a couple of good applications usually does it.

5280HigH

i would try some atomic green spider mite eradicator its all organic i mean its fifty bones but you use 5ml per gallon i use some final phase thats all organic it has a strong cinnamon smell to it but works great if u rotate that in as well

F

Faultline

For spider mites I have always used neem oil. Mix it according to the instructions DON'T MIX IT STRONGER . Add a few drops of dish soap and then shake shake shake. Spray the tops and more importantly the undersides of the leaves. Continue shaking.

Spider mites can be found early if you look into your lights from below your plants. If you see black spots about the size of a period ...... you have mites.

G

gorgeousj206

My question is if they are dead arent theyre bodies,eggs and shit all over the weed? Best to flip that shit

singingcrow

singingcrow

Eh.. still no word on the sulfur candles. I think I might cry... :( If anyone knows, PM me... hell! Thanks!

N

Ne Obliviscaris

For spider mites I have always used neem oil. Mix it according to the instructions DON'T MIX IT STRONGER . Add a few drops of dish soap and then shake shake shake. Spray the tops and more importantly the undersides of the leaves. Continue shaking.

Spider mites can be found early if you look into your lights from below your plants. If you see black spots about the size of a period ...... you have mites.

I wouldnt use neem past about week 4. I doubt its gonna be harmful, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could taste it, and is NOT a flavor you want in your herb.

Shamus

Shamus

Eh.. still no word on the sulfur candles. I think I might cry... :( If anyone knows, PM me... hell! Thanks!
ive never heard of them sorry homie, sounds like a good way to avoid a sulfir burner tho.

also +1 on mighty wash, its mostly water, no crazy residues,

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
hit those fuckers with the pantry attack! Rubbing alcohol with water 50/50. chili powder in water. attack! wipe them off leaves with damp rag. when all of this fails burn the house to the ground- never stop the offensive.

edit: Oh yeah, and do this attack like three times separated by a day or two to get the job done

Top Bottom