Spider mites first few weeks of flower outdoor.. What would you do?

• Thread starter DANKSY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

I'd second the Azamax and Stylet oil, I've had good success with that combination. Follow up weekly if possible. You won't be able to fully eradicate them outdoors but you can knock them back hard enough they won't ruin your crop. Be sure to spray thoroughly all your plants though, you need complete coverage on all surfaces of all plants. Do NOT use anything with carbaryl or pyrethroids (pyrethrum) it will only stimulate the mites reproductive cycle.

Make sure your plants are not stressed due to irregular watering or lack of water, mites will specifically attack water-stressed plants. There is evidence that reducing dust in and around you garden can also help reduce mite population as well, just something to keep in mind. Predatory insects can help keep a pest population in check, but outside, they will only provide, at best, temporary relief. Using predatory insects really only works well as preventative maintenance outdoors - once a full blown outbreak occurs it will not be an effective tactic for pest control.

If you keep on top of things, your crop should be just fine. Just be sure to follow up with several applications with whatever you choose to use - if you just spray once and then do nothing I can assure you they will be back. A few mites in early flower isn't the end of the world, you will likely be fine. Just be glad you noticed it now and not 3 weeks from harvest!

Latest posts

Top Bottom