Spider mites how do you kill them without killing the crop

• Thread starter reeferman1103
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

The
no they are not, = poisoned garden/weed
The dichlorovos is way safer than bombs. It has a half life that is very very short. It is not residual at all. People use them in their kitchens around food. And they are used in warehouses that store food all the time. They are as safe as poison can be. Now I wouldn't put them up after week 4 of flower. Really I wouldn't even use anything in flower that wasn't organic. I would not even start flower if there were any problems- plant health, pests. But if you notice pests during flower then use the hot shot no pest strips. If there is some information that says that dichlorovos is residual in plants then I would like to see it so that I know.

turbo14

turbo14

Hot Shot no pest strips. They emit vapor. The chemical is dichlorovos. It is safe and effective. Just turn off vents for 8 hrs a day for three days in a row. Wait enough time for eggs to hatch and use them again. I use 2 strips for every 3x10 ft area. And booyah! no more critters.

Hot Shot Pest Strips are toxic to humans... I hope you don't go in your grow room.

turbo

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I don't go in while I am treating with the strips. I know it is poison. I am cautious when using them.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Hot Shot no pest strips. They emit vapor. The chemical is dichlorovos. It is safe and effective. Just turn off vents for 8 hrs a day for three days in a row. Wait enough time for eggs to hatch and use them again. I use 2 strips for every 3x10 ft area. And booyah! no more critters.

Research that.....

Dichlorvos sticks to the buds. You are telling him how to smoke poison.

S

swisscheese

Those strips don't work without a sealed room and to be honest I don't think they work for mites at all.

ghost79

ghost79

Just as it says how can you kill them without loosing the crop.
cold pressed "NEEM OIL", one famous brang and the best of all neem oil products is "Einstein Oil" It will knock them dead, just make repeated applications thouroghly at lest 3x max dpplication rate. spray every 2-5 day's to kill the eggs, and larvae too. Spray w/ a jet of cold water just before foliar spraying w/ neem oil. It interupts their reproductive cycle and slows them down.

ghost79

ghost79

Don't forget to use a surfactant and keep the oil agitated while spraying. Don't spray in temps over 68 degrees F spray and early in the morning when light levels are low to prevent (phytotoxicity "plant damage")

jsclimb

jsclimb

Well first off, get your temps down below the 80's and make sure there's a good amount of air flow throughout the room, branches, leaves etc... If your in veg you can use anything from neem, pyrethrins, permethrins, azadaractin, and all the other bad harmful killers like floramite and avid. I like to use "Mighty Wash" its like 98 % water thats set at a certain frequency that kills both eggs and adults. With most omri listed or more organic sprays your going to be spraying tops and bottoms of the leaves and every 3 -4 days for 2 weeks. After that you should switch to a different preventitve insecticide to throw them off. Spider mites are very resiliant to chemicals and toxins. If you had spider mites come back after spraying with a certain products odds are they've already built up an immunity to that chemical. Try something different. Azamax and pyganic disrupt the spider mites reproductive cycle and over time they die off, it's also systemic. These products are great for preventive measures as is mighty wash and neem. Another prduct is called bonide, it is transdermal which means if you spray the top of the leaf its also covered on the bottom. Better chances of not missing a spider mite egg or adult, more coverage. Like I said before, you shouldnt really have bug probelms once you get your temps down to 76-78. Also, watch out for powdery mildew thats the real killer! If you have a problem with that grab a hepa filter for your fresh air intake, this should prevent it for the next time.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There are organic OMRI listed preparations of pyrethrins widely available.

Isopropyl alcohol at 50-70% is also effective; it evaporates quickly and leaves no residue.

Mighty Wash kicks ass, especially late in bloom.

I personally have not had good luck with neem oil, but Azamax is a derivative that works well for me. I'm not sure if an organic azadiractin is available, but it's worth looking around for.

Predatory insects are a great choice, but only BEFORE you have a problem; once you see webs, it's way too late for the six legged cavalry.

Contrary to the above advice, temperature is not a factor in encouraging OR eliminating spidermites. People often make this mistake because higher temp grows often have low humidity problems, which definitely DOES help the spidermites. To slow their spread, keep humidity above 55-60%.

Floramite is not organic.

jsclimb

jsclimb

Temps matter big time man, they hardly reproduce below 76 f, every degree up from that the spider mites reproduce significantly. Once you hit 80-86 it's quickly turns Into a gang bang. Flora mite is only to be used in veg anywhere from 1.5-2.5ml/gal it's very toxic.

S

slap14

Talking about getting rid of spider mites is as bad as talking about religion.

Myself I use preventative measures and if I still get them I clone what i want to keep and everything goes. I then dip those clones regularly and spray the whole room down with alcohol multiple times and start over. I refuse to spend time trying to fight the little bastards "a fight once established you will rarely win". I hate spider mites :mad:

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Well first off, get your temps down below the 80's and make sure there's a good amount of air flow throughout the room, branches, leaves etc... If your in veg you can use anything from neem, pyrethrins, permethrins, azadaractin, and all the other bad harmful killers like floramite and avid. I like to use "Mighty Wash" its like 98 % water thats set at a certain frequency that kills both eggs and adults. With most omri listed or more organic sprays your going to be spraying tops and bottoms of the leaves and every 3 -4 days for 2 weeks. After that you should switch to a different preventitve insecticide to throw them off. Spider mites are very resiliant to chemicals and toxins. If you had spider mites come back after spraying with a certain products odds are they've already built up an immunity to that chemical. Try something different. Azamax and pyganic disrupt the spider mites reproductive cycle and over time they die off, it's also systemic. These products are great for preventive measures as is mighty wash and neem. Another prduct is called bonide, it is transdermal which means if you spray the top of the leaf its also covered on the bottom. Better chances of not missing a spider mite egg or adult, more coverage. Like I said before, you shouldnt really have bug probelms once you get your temps down to 76-78. Also, watch out for powdery mildew thats the real killer! If you have a problem with that grab a hepa filter for your fresh air intake, this should prevent it for the next time.

You sound like you have successfully dealt with mites. I would REALLY appreciate your feedback.
I know this is really a long post, thanks in advance for reading.

I am having a terrible time here in Northern CA. I started working on a property with a heavy infestation they have been spraying every 3 days with Neem. If I miss a day, I get webbing, so it doesn't seem effective.

I started using Pyganic, better results, but still can't stop, even into flower.

Tried floramite in veg, again, it works, but the bastards return a week or 2 later.

tried N Fallacis predators, got 40,000 ($550) and that was 5 days ago, and I can't even see the predators anymore, and the spider mites have taken over, it's really bad.

They want me to wait a week for the good bugs to ave a chance to do their thing, but I can't even find them under the microscope, all I see are zillions of 2 spotted mites.

The plants are so big now---2-3 weeks left--and I know that no matter what I spray, I won't hit every surface and I won't get every bug.

I have been dong a ton of research, and it looks like I might stand a chance with Mighty wash...i will need about 2 gallons to spray the whole room, do i need to do this every 3 days? for how long? $70/week?

If I reintroduce predators in early veg, will that help knock back future mites? Can I ever get a handle on this, or will I be spraying every 3 days, forever??

many many thanks!!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

You sound like you have successfully dealt with mites. I would REALLY appreciate your feedback.
I know this is really a long post, thanks in advance for reading.

I am having a terrible time here in Northern CA. I started working on a property with a heavy infestation they have been spraying every 3 days with Neem. If I miss a day, I get webbing, so it doesn't seem effective.

I started using Pyganic, better results, but still can't stop, even into flower.

Tried floramite in veg, again, it works, but the bastards return a week or 2 later.

tried N Fallacis predators, got 40,000 ($550) and that was 5 days ago, and I can't even see the predators anymore, and the spider mites have taken over, it's really bad.

They want me to wait a week for the good bugs to ave a chance to do their thing, but I can't even find them under the microscope, all I see are zillions of 2 spotted mites.

The plants are so big now---2-3 weeks left--and I know that no matter what I spray, I won't hit every surface and I won't get every bug.

I have been dong a ton of research, and it looks like I might stand a chance with Mighty wash...i will need about 2 gallons to spray the whole room, do i need to do this every 3 days? for how long? $70/week?

If I reintroduce predators in early veg, will that help knock back future mites? Can I ever get a handle on this, or will I be spraying every 3 days, forever??

many many thanks!!

Do some reading on their life cycles ...it will help you set up and IPM that will keep you out of the situation you are in.

Swapping insecticides from spray to spray....every few days.....really helps. And cleaning your sprayer when you get thru...not waiting until the next spray....really helps....lol..

Be careful with the AZA's...I have burnt plant up with that stuff. OG's especially hate it...in my world anyway

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Ok, Thanks! Looks like I need to spray every 3 days, rotate sprays. I currently have Pyganic, Azamax, Azasol, and Capt. Jack's. Am considering Mighty wash and SNS-17?? also have seen other sprays mentioned, Organicide (??) and nospridermite.com (year old post)? Any suggestions?

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Apparently organicide smells like fish, sns-217 is not safe in flower, and mighty wash is not pyrethrin, but 'charged' water?!?

Damn, i wish these predators would work...love it if i could hire them to do my work...;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom