• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bentley

got some spider mites on my babies in the turbo cloner
is it ok to spray with aztrol?

hiboy

hiboy

Babies are delicate. Are there roots showing. Almost better to start over, but first spray mama plant down with forbid and take some cuts after a little time.
h

B

bentley

yea roots are showing
no mother plants
i would like to start over but i have no way of getting clones for another few weeks

hiboy

hiboy

Maybe a light spray might do something or dilute it weak. Wait till someone else chimes in... i havent sprayed babies that small b4 so i dont wanna screw u up
h

L

LUDACRIS.

got some spider mites on my babies in the turbo cloner
is it ok to spray with aztrol?

Soak them with floramite 2-3 times a week on heavy strength (3-4 drops per litre) and the plants and seedlings love it. It blows the mites away if you keep up the routine of washing your plants with a shower and soaking them in floramite weekly if you have mites or not. Its always better to prevent the problem happening rather than protecting the damage.

CHRIS.
:)

L

LUDACRIS.

Maybe a light spray might do something or dilute it weak. Wait till someone else chimes in... i havent sprayed babies that small b4 so i dont wanna screw u up
h

Full strength ahead.

LUDA.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Clones are free. Scrap them and start with healthy mothers. For the love of all that's good, do not consciously spread mites. Please do not spread mites.

L

LUDACRIS.

Clones are free. Scrap them and start with healthy mothers. For the love of all that's good, do not consciously spread mites. Please do not spread mites.

This wont rid mites from the grow room by just starting again. Been there done that. It does not work. You need to rid the mites and not the plants or the same thing will keep on happening. Seen it many a time. Full steam ahead with mite control and dont let mites cause you to lose plants as its easy to control and by just replacing them you will have no experience on how to rid mites and only add to the problem of a full blown infestation. Learn how to stop it from happening and you have won the battle. Scrapping plants due to mites is for losers and they will just keep on coming back until you learn how to deal with them and prevent them from coming up to bite your ass.

(the mite expert).

LUDA.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

If they're still small, wash the leaves and stem with warm water. Wash em good. Repeat every other day. I've also gotten clones that were supposed to be "bug free" but ended up with the lil bastards. I washed the leaves and stem for over a week and eventually I was finally "bug free". Haven't had probs with em since.

budboy299

budboy299

ALWAYS use pesticides/miticides at the recommended dosages.

I have read in at least two pamphlets that less than the dosage for you particular pest will allow some of them to possibly survive, and that is the way most pests will become immune to the spray.

Think of it.....a mite that is sprayed with a weak solution of pesticide could survive and recover. Then it lays eggs, passing on its built up anti-bodies that allow future generations to resist the effects of that same poison. I shudder at that!

S

Shady Acres

misuse of sprays is creating generations of mites that become almost immune to those chemicals

L

LUDACRIS.

misuse of sprays is creating generations of mites that become almost immune to those chemicals

They wont survive with the dosage i apply. It burns like fuck if you get a small splash of it on your hands or arms.
IMO the plants never seem to get any damage by blasting them with a heavy dose of floramite.

L

LUDACRIS.

Yo LUDACRIS, how far into flower can you use the FMite?

Thats weird as i was just thinking the same thing while mixing some floramite up. I will go back and look at th PDF file i have and post it again. If i am not mistaken right up untill harvest but i will look now.

CHRIS.

L

LUDACRIS.

I am just reading it again. I does say its suitable for flowering plants so if need be i will use it until 2-3 weeks before harvest but i will tone down the strength as things go. I am ready to put 2 plants into flowering so only time will tell me.

CHRIS.

L

LUDACRIS.

Theres quit a fewproducts claiming right up to harvest but i dont believe them, id freak if all those fuzzy white hairs got fried up.
U got real world experience on these claims?Btw i dont have a mite issue. But being prepared is the name of the game.

I use floramite every week and my plants are flowering (pre flowering) on 24/0 and it does not damage or discolour the pistilates in any way as they are still nice and white and i go with a heavy dose when i apply floramite.

U got real world experience on these claims?

Soon will have.
(here i come plants with my bottle of nastiness lol).

CHRIS.

L

LUDACRIS.

Well punks do you feel lucky ??

I forgot to mention that i always prune my plants and remove any suspect leafes as i see fit every time i water or spray.

ImagesCARESO2X
S

Steel Erection

I've used Forbid I think its the most effective weapon against mites. I'm also pretty sure that Forbid stays in the plant for 28 days. So I wouldn't treat with Forbid past week 4. Use pyrtheium foggers and sns 217c past week 4. I got mites from bringing clones back from out west. I honestly do not believe you can ever fully rid your space of these. I treat mothers weekly and I treat every 4 days in veg and am usually good to go in flower.-SE

L

LUDACRIS.

I've used Forbid I think its the most effective weapon against mites. I'm also pretty sure that Forbid stays in the plant for 28 days. So I wouldn't treat with Forbid past week 4. Use pyrtheium foggers and sns 217c past week 4. I got mites from bringing clones back from out west. I honestly do not believe you can ever fully rid your space of these. I treat mothers weekly and I treat every 4 days in veg and am usually good to go in flower.-SE

What other mite control products have you used ?.

S

Steel Erection

Yo Luda! I've used Azatrol, Floramite, SNS 217c, Forbid and Pyrethium foggers. People say that the Floramite works well. The mites I had drank that stuff like Kool Aid and came back like they were on steroids. I fogged and hit them with Forbid 4 days later pretty much knocked them out. I use weekly rotating treatments of all the above mentioned treatments. I'll dip freshly rooted clones in sns 217c before I transplant. Wait for the clone to get established, then fog, 4 days later spray, 4 days later fog etc. until I see no signs of infestation. Then treat weekly. Like I said I honestly do not believe you can fully rid your space of these things, unless you kill all your shit including mothers and start over in a new space. They are the Herpies of the grow community.-SE

L

LUDACRIS.

Yo Luda! I've used Azatrol, Floramite, SNS 217c, Forbid and Pyrethium foggers. People say that the Floramite works well. The mites I had drank that stuff like Kool Aid and came back like they were on steroids. I fogged and hit them with Forbid 4 days later pretty much knocked them out. I use weekly rotating treatments of all the above mentioned treatments. I'll dip freshly rooted clones in sns 217c before I transplant. Wait for the clone to get established, then fog, 4 days later spray, 4 days later fog etc. until I see no signs of infestation. Then treat weekly. Like I said I honestly do not believe you can fully rid your space of these things, unless you kill all your shit including mothers and start over in a new space. They are the Herpies of the grow community.-SE

It really depends on your strength of mix when using floramite. I go heavy with it and it blows the mites and eggs clean off the leafes. Application methods are also important to get under all leafes. I have some pics of me doing some plants with floramite.

CHRIS.

Top Bottom