spider mites on clones in turbo cloner

• Thread starter bentley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
650homegrown530

650homegrown530

I use a nice rotation of a Sucra Shield and Azatrol (on a lite mix), but never use it when I have Buds, I have been lucky and being very thorough with bug bombs before the set up. Then set up the tents and bleach bleach bleach! I just finished a round of PK and GDP, just diped them in sns 217c before they go in the room. I had usually have no bug problems but I am always a little worried. I think im going to pick up some of that flora-mite and use it heavy next round tho, with the GDP i was gonna soften the mix threw out flowering and then stop using it after week 5? Thanks again Luda

L

LUDACRIS.

I use a nice rotation of a Sucra Shield and Azatrol (on a lite mix), but never use it when I have Buds, I have been lucky and being very thorough with bug bombs before the set up. Then set up the tents and bleach bleach bleach! I just finished a round of PK and GDP, just diped them in sns 217c before they go in the room. I had usually have no bug problems but I am always a little worried. I think im going to pick up some of that flora-mite and use it heavy next round tho, with the GDP i was gonna soften the mix threw out flowering and then stop using it after week 5? Thanks again Luda

Mo problem buddy. I was thinking of starting a thread of how i apply floramite (with pics) but i am not to sure about that as i may start a messy thread.

CHRIS.
:)

S

Steel Erection

You have to hit the bottoms of the leaves with Floramite because it will not penetrate the leaf. With Forbid you can hit the tops it penetrates the leaves and will kill the mites on the underside. I hit the undersides regardless.-SE

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

The misuse, overuse, and misunderstanding of pesticides among gardeners is very unfortunate. This thread highlights many of these problems.

I haven't sprayed a poison on my plants in years. Simple precautions like quarantine procedures and silica addition can create a night & day difference, as can proper strain selection.

Personally I find it both greedy and disgusting to douse a sacred plant in manmade poisons, but I'm not in it for the money, as some are.

S

Steel Erection

I'd be very surprised to come across a grower who hasn't had mites or some other infestation. Unless that person never brings in clones from an outside source. It's a chance you take even with quarantine. I had a place for 2 years completely pest free. I changed my shoes and clothing when I walked in the door. I took a trip and came home with 10 clones from a "Reliable" person. I came back put those clones at a separate location for over a month treated them with "Organic" agents, they showed no signs of infestation. Less then two weeks after I put them in my mother room I saw signs of mites. Again I treated with organic agents and I was losing the battle to say the least. Turned to chemicals and knocked them out. -SE

So Dr. D what strain would you suggest that isn't susceptible to mites...or some other infestation?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

First get some hot shot no pest strips then move your clones to a diff room for a sec and bomb your room they are about to go into then lay no pest strips down and give your clones a bath with just water... Mites wash off easy so do their eggs just give your leaves a good massage under running water. After they dry hit them with neem and kill your infested mother. Problem solved.

P

Photon12345

Please help then Mr "Mite Expert"

So what do you suggest to do if you have a room with spider mites. Please mr expert...............list a comprehensive to do tasks to bring it under control please................

I just cranked up the CO2 generator in the sealed room to raise ppm to around 8000................will leave it for several hours..............
Supposed to kill the mites, but not sure if that is supposed to include the eggs as well or not.....................
Any input from the forum? Help please
Everything is currently in veg...........but need to flip within the week...........figure this is a better time to try to deal with this than with flowers ready for picking.....................maybe?

Thanks

Erroll Flynn

This wont rid mites from the grow room by just starting again. Been there done that. It does not work. You need to rid the mites and not the plants or the same thing will keep on happening. Seen it many a time. Full steam ahead with mite control and dont let mites cause you to lose plants as its easy to control and by just replacing them you will have no experience on how to rid mites and only add to the problem of a full blown infestation. Learn how to stop it from happening and you have won the battle. Scrapping plants due to mites is for losers and they will just keep on coming back until you learn how to deal with them and prevent them from coming up to bite your ass.

(the mite expert).

LUDA.
:)

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as granny used to say.

When building your medium (soil, soilless, etc.) the addition of a silica-heavy substance (greensand, gypsum, etc.) will ensure that the future growth of any plant in your medium will have strong cell walls, and will therefore be less susceptible to insect infestation.

A healthy plant with all of the things that it needs will rarely succumb to pests, even after some exposure to them. Knowing and applying such garden tips as mycorriza symbiosis, secondary and micronutrient levels, and proper soil aeration are much more useful to producing quality cannabis than any knowledge based on poison rotation and selection.

Plant seeds and then make your own clones. If possible find a source that really knows their stuff. Otherwise you'll be fighting a losing war with pesticide resistant mites and mildew.

Top Bottom