Spider Mites

• Thread starter TheMadHatter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheMadHatter

So I've been trying and trying is there a way to acually get rid of spider mites, Someone gave me some clones and unfortunatly they infected my entire garden.

Anyway I've tried pyrethrum, Hot shots and some spray called Pure Spray Green

Anyone got any sugestions?

P

pikes peak 69

On veg plants use Avid, Florimite or Conserve.
Predator mites for small outbreak, Spidermite Destroyers for larger outbreaks.

HTH
pp69

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Fu$%ing Spider mites

I use Neem oil diluted in water as per the oils instructions and spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves to kill and discourage mite infestation. Einstien Oil is expensive but worth it if you can get a hold of some. If not go to your local hydro store and tell them you have a spider mite problem. Depending on when you got them, IE during flowering or veg, you can use chemicals if you don't love organics like me. Just stay away from chemicals when your into your 3-4 week of flowering for early flowering strains. Hope this helped.:smoke

http://www.discoverneem.com/

This is a link to neem info from med uses to what if your pets get into it. Enjoy.

T

TheMadHatter

I'm still in veg and its just a small spider mite problem right now, I let some lady bugs go the other day but I failed at that. There all dead I think cause i sprayed that Pure Spray the day before. I've never had bugs before....

Whats the most expensive thing that will kill them the fastest I dont really care if it has chemicals or not I just want the little fuckers dead, at first i thought they were black cause well thats what I thought I saw, This morning I saw somerthing red crawl up my forearm tho...

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Floramite it works fro sure.
I like to mix a 5 gallon bucket worth.
Turn the plant over and completely submerge her for a few seconds.
Do it again in 4 days and they should be done.
Unless somehow they keep getting in.
Remember floramite stays on the plant for 30 days and keeps killing.
Everytime you touch the plant for 30 days you must wash your hands good.

U

ukcheeseman

i had this prob m8 went down b&q got sum spray that said u could eat that day if sprayed on your veg and that and it worked spot on just rember to give them a good spray down and leave lights off 4 the nite do it 4 3 days and will work had a 4ft cheese mum it got attacked by white fly 3 days lata was looking much bete cant renber the name but in red bottle

P

pikes peak 69

AVID, plain and Simple. I recommend 3 sprayings 3 days apart but others have stated that a single spray will do it.
It's not organic but it will kill your mites period.

I'm still in veg and its just a small spider mite problem right now, I let some lady bugs go the other day but I failed at that. There all dead I think cause i sprayed that Pure Spray the day before. I've never had bugs before....

Whats the most expensive thing that will kill them the fastest I dont really care if it has chemicals or not I just want the little fuckers dead, at first i thought they were black cause well thats what I thought I saw, This morning I saw somerthing red crawl up my forearm tho...

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Neem oil works great...spray 3 times, 5 days apart under the leaves. I like it cuz it's natural and gives a nice gloss to your plants. Works like a charm for me!

J

Jalisco Kid

MH get floramite order from rosemania.com
And there is no, just got this little ol spider mite problem. You attack hard or just burn them. You get this in a tree and you can lose everything,everything.
And Boss if you know it lasts(21 days) why put it on 4 days later?

J

Jalisco Kid

And if you do not have any floramite nor mites still order this and put it away in your first aid kit.

S

snowkitty

Does anyone alternate between Floramite and Avid and others to avoid mites becoming resistant? I have seen mention of resistant mites on some other gardening forums.

JK, you recommend only applying once every 30 days? Or just once and then not again if it wipes them out.

M

Monkey

I use neem to kill everything.... it hurts the plants a little but every three days for two weeks then
I do not know if anyone has mentioned it but I like a product called wipeout its organic and it works and it is not as hard on the plants as Neem is...

Good luck Monkey:animal0057:

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Does anyone alternate between Floramite and Avid and others to avoid mites becoming resistant? I have seen mention of resistant mites on some other gardening forums.

JK, you recommend only applying once every 30 days? Or just once and then not again if it wipes them out.

I am kinda paranoid about mites. I went away for 3 days once. came back and all was lost to them.
So I apply it 2 times 4 days after the first time just to be sure.
I do the dunking method and then water with it after words.
It is awesome it just keeps killing those fucker's..
I do not like non organic but with spider mites.
Its nuclear war on them.
I would be worried about rotating products. It is usually the way to go.
But with floramite I would be worried about washing it away. when applying other stuff.

S

Standaman

I am currently in flower day 52 and had mites for a while now they are a pain and now its got to the point where i am getting mould and i think its from spraying whilst in flower.
The stuff i have found to be excellent in keeping the attacks down is called SB Plant invigorator it's really good and it's organic and can be used up until harvest.

Tomorrow i am going to try the vacuum cleaner method if that fails its more fingers and thumbs.

J

Jalisco Kid

I used floramite (once) the maker says it is active for 21 days. Long enough for the reproduction cycle plus some. I have avid here also that I traded for just in case. Never use the same thing twice. That is why they are called the Borg. I tell you enjoy this while you can because I already heard of floramite resistant mites in the clubs from wanna bee lazy assed farmers who think themselves as breeders and clone masters. You would be amazed how many asses out there add Bayer tree and shrub to their water like I add nutes. Only fools buy in the clubs. Look at all the dumb questions here and elsewhere and then you see these guys later asking how much to charge the clubs. This is the type of people supplying the clubs. OK enough ranting, I just did a tour yesterday of the clubs down here. JK
I have said it once but I will say it again. Do not wear street clothes in your damn room. Buy some nurses smocks they are thin loose and cool. Buy a box of paper slippers to go over your shoes.
And while I am in the preaching mode you better be wearing your welder's safety shades while you are working. I noticed us old growers are getting told we have burn marks in the back of our eyes.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I used floramite (once) the maker says it is active for 21 days. Long enough for the reproduction cycle plus some. I have avid here also that I traded for just in case. Never use the same thing twice. That is why they are called the Borg. I tell you enjoy this while you can because I already heard of floramite resistant mites in the clubs from wanna bee lazy assed farmers who think themselves as breeders and clone masters. You would be amazed how many asses out there add Bayer tree and shrub to their water like I add nutes. Only fools buy in the clubs. Look at all the dumb questions here and elsewhere and then you see these guys later asking how much to charge the clubs. This is the type of people supplying the clubs. OK enough ranting, I just did a tour yesterday of the clubs down here. JK
I have said it once but I will say it again. Do not wear street clothes in your damn room. Buy some nurses smocks they are thin loose and cool. Buy a box of paper slippers to go over your shoes.
And while I am in the preaching mode you better be wearing your welder's safety shades while you are working. I noticed us old growers are getting told we have burn marks in the back of our eyes.

So do you use floramite and then what?
Do you wait the 21 days then do something else?
It seems to me that floramite done properly will exterminate them. No need for other stuff.
And if they are all dead then no resistance right?
Just want to completely understand your method.

R

redog

Re:Stumped on Dunking Trick

You guys really have me stumped on this dunking method.
DWC?How?They Hydroton would fall out.
3/5 gallon pots with soil one would have to be Hulk Hogan to try that trick.
Another thing is, where do you get a container to dunk a tall plant?It would have to be huge.
Maybe i'm over analyzing.Been known to do that.
So help me understand this.

I just put a few clone pots in the DWC room and now I have these tiny bugs flying around.If I shake the plant or flick the side of the pot, they will start to buzz around and then I suck them up with the electrolux but there is always more.
Smaller than gnats and i'm using Miracle Grow Organic soil.

J

Jalisco Kid

The avid is for if they do come back. The company even tells you use something else because you could develop mites that eat the stuff. They are the Borg.
As for dunking I have seen 44 brutes used and long shallow containers used for storing crap under the bed. You can cut a Styrofoam piece out to cover your container to keep your medium in.You can use 2 2x4's to lift and carry buckets. JK

Top Bottom