Spidermites

• Thread starter KaylasKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Awsome updates welcome :) what nutrients did u end up going with?

Thank you :)
I used something called Ecofective which I found at my local garden centre and halved the dosage. Then a grower I know said to add Epsom salt for the magnesium so I did that. They've only had one feed so far though.

IMG 2337
Organikz

Organikz

"Under the scope of simplifying and streamlining this process I made a point for over 2 years to quite literally only apply one type of foliar spray and to cease any type of spraying past week one in flower. The results? Better than my wildest dreams, absolutely stunned at the simple effectiveness.

Per Gallon
1 TBSP organic Karanja oil (or neem)
emulsified in 1tsp liquid concentrate agSil
1/4 tsp organic 200x aloe vera powder

heat a quart of water or whatever so that it is warm to the touch and in a mason jar you already have your oil and silica mixed together to a creamy yellow consistency. Pour the warm water in and close the jar, shaking the hell out of it. The aloe can be included in here as well or drop it in the water in your sprayer then add the warm water solution and shake your sprayer again before applying. Giving it a good shake every now and then while applying will ensure any little bits of separation stay suspended and mixed into the water." MOFO

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thank you :)
I used something called Ecofective which I found at my local garden centre and halved the dosage. Then a grower I know said to add Epsom salt for the magnesium so I did that. They've only had one feed so far though.

(Thumbs up) :) good vibes your way

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

"Under the scope of simplifying and streamlining this process I made a point for over 2 years to quite literally only apply one type of foliar spray and to cease any type of spraying past week one in flower. The results? Better than my wildest dreams, absolutely stunned at the simple effectiveness.

Per Gallon
1 TBSP organic Karanja oil (or neem)
emulsified in 1tsp liquid concentrate agSil
1/4 tsp organic 200x aloe vera powder

heat a quart of water or whatever so that it is warm to the touch and in a mason jar you already have your oil and silica mixed together to a creamy yellow consistency. Pour the warm water in and close the jar, shaking the hell out of it. The aloe can be included in here as well or drop it in the water in your sprayer then add the warm water solution and shake your sprayer again before applying. Giving it a good shake every now and then while applying will ensure any little bits of separation stay suspended and mixed into the water." MOFO

Thanks a bunch for sending this :) With living in the countryside and not having a driving license yet it's difficult to reach 2 of those ingredients right now though. I checked this morning and there's no further damage to my plants, nor did I see anything on top of or under any leaves. So maybe squirting whatever I saw off with water helped enough to get rid of them, considering I only saw one brown bug and the rest were tiny black dots. It's also raining right now and there's a bit of breeze on them so that should help keep them away for now.
However I'll screenshot this for future reference so that if they hit another time I'll already have a solution :) Neem is on it's way so I'll try that too.

Thanks again!
Happy growing~

Irish063

Irish063

Your plants are looking really good from the last time I saw them in your other post. Don't worry. They'll start growing quickly now. Mine were the same this year (shorter than they should be at 1 1/2 months). Super short in the beginning because of light and heat stress on my part.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hi guys,

I've done a search but I can't find much to help me as it's all "but this", "buy that" when right now I have no mula to spend.
My plants have been doing amazing and looking very healthy until I noticed tiny white specs on the leaves, and recalled hearing about spidermites. It's still in the early stages as I've only noticed a couple web strings, however my macro iPhone lens captures the small black dots which I'm sure are spidermites. If it could possibly be something else please do tell me.
I bought the Cannacure spray which only afterwards did I see the complaints about, apparently people get nowhere with it. I'm aware spidermites can become immune to most things though so I'm not surprised. I'm going to try spraying a mixture of dish soap and water on the leaves before bed tonight as that's all I've found for now. I did also find isopropyl alcohol but I have no idea where in my house that is right now. I'm going to search for it tonight.
I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of any guaranteed home remedies? The nutrients and greenhouse I bought for them this month took all the money I had.
Also what could I do to determine where they're coming from? I live in the countryside so I suppose just the garden. I'm not sure how I can avoid them in the future.

Thanks in advance guys :)

P.S. A kind someone told me my name is in one of the pictures and thank you, but my first name is not Kayla anyway :)
I had a case of those broad mites as well. I found that if you do not use 100% cold pressed neem oil with azadirachtin nothing else is effective at completely wiping them out. I was able to wipe mine out in the first treatment and then I followed up two more times once a week and they were annihilated. Here's a link let me know if you want any tips on how I mixed and applied mine.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Thanks a bunch for sending this :) With living in the countryside and not having a driving license yet it's difficult to reach 2 of those ingredients right now though. I checked this morning and there's no further damage to my plants, nor did I see anything on top of or under any leaves. So maybe squirting whatever I saw off with water helped enough to get rid of them, considering I only saw one brown bug and the rest were tiny black dots. It's also raining right now and there's a bit of breeze on them so that should help keep them away for now.
However I'll screenshot this for future reference so that if they hit another time I'll already have a solution :) Neem is on it's way so I'll try that too.

Thanks again!
Happy growing~
Oh one thing I forgot to mention you don't want to use that on flower. In that description they're talking about fruits and vegetables. Although I wouldn't use it on them either personally.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Your plants are looking really good from the last time I saw them in your other post. Don't worry. They'll start growing quickly now. Mine were the same this year (shorter than they should be at 1 1/2 months). Super short in the beginning because of light and heat stress on my part.

Thank you :) They're far bigger today already, so you're right in saying they're speeding up a bit now.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm far less concerned than I was in the beginning about things, I've learned to just chill and not check on them every minute. They're very hardy plants. The spidermites (or whatever they were) are even nonexsistant now.

Happy growing :)~

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

I had a case of those broad mites as well. I found that if you do not use 100% cold pressed neem oil with azadirachtin nothing else is effective at completely wiping them out. I was able to wipe mine out in the first treatment and then I followed up two more times once a week and they were annihilated. Here's a link let me know if you want any tips on how I mixed and applied mine.

Thank you!

Whatever it was they're gone now. I haven't even used the neem oil yet, they seemed to disappear after a cold night and my spray bottle. At least I have things on hand now if anything comes back.
I will keep the link in a bookmark :)

I do have one question if you decide to answer, should I spray neem oil once a week to prevent them from coming? Or only when they're actually on the plant?

Thanks for the info, happy growing! ~

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thank you!

Whatever it was they're gone now. I haven't even used the neem oil yet, they seemed to disappear after a cold night and my spray bottle. At least I have things on hand now if anything comes back.

I do have one question if you decide to answer, should I spray neem oil once a week to prevent them from coming? Or only when they're actually on the plant?

No once a week is to much wait at least two weeks to three or when u see the neem film fully gone from leaves

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Thank you!

You should probably take all your stuff out of your tent that is assuming you're using a tent and clean everything with bleach water. You should probably treat them with that link once a week 3 times. They can be stubborn. Just FYI the stuff stinks a lot but it works. It will kill the eggs and everything it is good. The problem that you may have are the eggs that are remaining that may hatch. And they lay eggs so fast it only takes one so you really got to be on top of them. I will mix that stuff to tablespoons to a 32 ounce spray bottle and one tablespoon of dish soap. You will need to frequently shake the bottle while applying for even coverage. The thing is you cannot be too careful you want to get them wiped out for sure because once you start flower there's no turning back.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You should probably take all your stuff out of your tent that is assuming you're using a tent and clean everything with bleach water. You should probably treat them with that link once a week 3 times. They can be stubborn. Just FYI the stuff stinks a lot but it works. It will kill the eggs and everything it is good. The problem that you may have are the eggs that are remaining that may hatch. And they lay eggs so fast it only takes one so you really got to be on top of them. I will mix that stuff to tablespoons to a 32 ounce spray bottle and one tablespoon of dish soap. You will need to frequently shake the bottle while applying for even coverage. The thing is you cannot be too careful you want to get them wiped out for sure because once you start flower there's no turning back.
Thank you!

Definitely follow up there will be eggs.

Irish063

Irish063

Thank you :) They're far bigger today already, so you're right in saying they're speeding up a bit now.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm far less concerned than I was in the beginning about things, I've learned to just chill and not check on them every minute. They're very hardy plants. The spidermites (or whatever they were) are even nonexsistant now.

Happy growing :)~

Haha. I know what you mean. On my first grow last year I overly concerned with everything thing. I've chilled a ton this year and wait a few days on everything to see what happens. You can look at my grow diary if you want to get an idea of how mine came back. Yours should be even more resilient being in the sun versus the t5 I switched them to.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/4-strains-2nd-grow.89189/

Thanks. Happy growing to you as well.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

They're in a greenhouse :)
I'm not going to go the extra mile right now with things as I've been checking everyday and there's absolutely nothing. Eggs hatch after 3-5 days so I'll keep an extra eye anyway. But although the eggs are small you'd still see them underneath the leaves and my babies look wonderful at the moment, no further damage nor any eggs. If it were to happen again, THEN I will go to further lengths. That neem pro also unfortunately doesn't ship to the United Kingdom and I can't find it anywhere else.
Plus I was never sure right from the beginning that there were any spidermites. I saw one single brown thing when I zoomed in with my camera but that could have been anything. I never saw a spidermite with my own eyes. However something was drawing content out of my leaves and there were tiny tiny black dots that wouldn't move (maybe poo?).

Luckily they're far from flowering so if I manage to find that neem pro stuff somewhere I'll buy it in advance. For now I'll stick with spraying the neem oil I bought every 3 weeks and hope that what I thought was something, was actually nothing.

Thanks anyways, I trust your words and if you claim it's that effective then I'll look around for it more.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They're in a greenhouse :)
I'm not going to go the extra mile right now with things as I've been checking everyday and there's absolutely nothing. Eggs hatch after 3-5 days so I'll keep an extra eye anyway. But although the eggs are small you'd still see them underneath the leaves and my babies look wonderful at the moment, no further damage nor any eggs. If it were to happen again, THEN I will go to further lengths. That neem pro also unfortunately doesn't ship to the United Kingdom and I can't find it anywhere else.
Plus I was never sure right from the beginning that there were any spidermites. I saw one single brown thing when I zoomed in with my camera but that could have been anything. I never saw a spidermite with my own eyes. However something was drawing content out of my leaves and there were tiny tiny black dots that wouldn't move (maybe poo?).

Luckily they're far from flowering so if I manage to find that neem pro stuff somewhere I'll buy it in advance. For now I'll stick with spraying the neem oil I bought every 3 weeks and hope that what I thought was something, was actually nothing.

Thanks anyways, I trust your words and if you claim it's that effective then I'll look around for it more.
When it gets cold they will crawl in nooks and cranny or bark if they can find it and hibernate until temps go up.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

When it gets cold they will crawl in nooks and cranny or bark if they can find it and hibernate until temps go up.

Well I think I've established that they're actually thrips. I woke up this morning to more damage but this time it's almost like a travelling line. There are also more full-on holes now though which neither thrips or spidermites tend to do.
I found a maggot-coloured worm thing beneath a leaf with many holes which I only found the thrip to resemble. It could even be some sort of other harmless bug. I've sprayed the neem oil anyway and will check again tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll make sure they hibernate for the rest of their lives :)

IMG 2774
IMG 2775
IMG 2781
IMG 2782
IMG 2786
Top Bottom