Spidermites

• Thread starter KaylasKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Hi guys,

I've done a search but I can't find much to help me as it's all "but this", "buy that" when right now I have no mula to spend.
My plants have been doing amazing and looking very healthy until I noticed tiny white specs on the leaves, and recalled hearing about spidermites. It's still in the early stages as I've only noticed a couple web strings, however my macro iPhone lens captures the small black dots which I'm sure are spidermites. If it could possibly be something else please do tell me.
I bought the Cannacure spray which only afterwards did I see the complaints about, apparently people get nowhere with it. I'm aware spidermites can become immune to most things though so I'm not surprised. I'm going to try spraying a mixture of dish soap and water on the leaves before bed tonight as that's all I've found for now. I did also find isopropyl alcohol but I have no idea where in my house that is right now. I'm going to search for it tonight.
I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of any guaranteed home remedies? The nutrients and greenhouse I bought for them this month took all the money I had.
Also what could I do to determine where they're coming from? I live in the countryside so I suppose just the garden. I'm not sure how I can avoid them in the future.

Thanks in advance guys :)

P.S. A kind someone told me my name is in one of the pictures and thank you, but my first name is not Kayla anyway :)

Spidermites
Spidermites 2
Spidermites 3
Spidermites 4
Spidermites 5
Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Look for spider mites under the leaves. Very small light brown get a magnifying glass to identify them before you jump to conclusions. A good home spray, use 5 habenarows per pint. Very finally chop especially the seeds. Simmer for 20 minutes do not boil. Let cool then spray. Kills mites and eggs on contact. Spray every 3 days for 12 days. Spray under the leaves.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Look for spider mites under the leaves. Very small light brown get a magnifying glass to identify them before you jump to conclusions. A good home spray, use 5 habenarows per pint. Very finally chop especially the seeds. Simmer for 20 minutes do not boil. Let cool then spray. Kills mites and eggs on contact. Spray every 3 days for 12 days. Spray under the leaves.

I have and I don't see anything but the small black dots. Which through a google search says they are small spidermites. On one close-up picture I see the ugly brown coloured one but have not seen another one since. However my leaves are still being munched. I heard about the hot sauce method and I'll give it a go as well, thank you.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
When you make that do it outside and spray with glasses and some type of mask to breath through. The stuff is like mace to humans. Be careful.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

When you make that do it outside and spray with glasses and some type of mask to breath through. The stuff is like mace to humans. Be careful.

Thank you very much :)
I've ordered neem oil to help with future prevention as well, and will make this habanero mixture ASAP. They have to be fresh habaneros right, not the sauce?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

only thing I could of thought was thrips but they leave a more shinny mark where yours is a darker color

they are a pest I been dealing with I have the light shade of blown ones almost yellow and they are tiny tiny tiny like as thick as a hair and 3x shorter then a grain of rice

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

what is that tiny lil line on the top mid of the 3rd bottom leaf

I just looked up "thrips" and haven't seen that as a cause before but some of the white specs are quite shiny, almost like the trail a slug leaves behind. But as you say they're not lined nor have I seen that kind of bug on my plant. I don't have a magnifying glass unfortunately so I can't be 100% sure of what it is. That line could be anything. I'll go have a check-up on them now and see if I see anything.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thank you very much :)
I've ordered neem oil to help with future prevention as well, and will make this habanero mixture ASAP. They have to be fresh habaneros right, not the sauce?

:) your plants are looking good since Iv last seen (thumbs up) but the bug issue is a huge bummer neem oil should do the trick no problem also what I do I spray around the base of my pots/plants/whatever your plants are in with a with a bug spray that you would use in your house obviously you don't want to get any of that on your plants or in there saucers but that makes a barrier to keep crawling bugs from climbing up.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

that lil line is what they look like cant really tell to they move but yah lil shinny slug marks is what thrips do to leafs

Hm. Well I just checked and I see nothing. It is dark and I used a torch so might not be the best time but I saw nothing like the long ones/thrips you mentioned. I did see one teeeeny tiny black bug crawling around (could have even been my imagination) and swiped it off. I also see loads of sparkles on the leaves. Like glitter. I'm hoping that's not my highlighter (makeup) that was on my fingers from earlier because I'm not sure if that's the greatest thing for the plant, but on another side hoping it is that and nothing worse.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

:) your plants are looking good since Iv last seen (thumbs up) but the bug issue is a huge bummer neem oil should do the trick no problem also what I do I spray around the base of my pots/plants/whatever your plants are in with a with a bug spray that you would use in your house obviously you don't want to get any of that on your plants or in there saucers but that makes a barrier to keep crawling bugs from climbing up.

Thank you man! And sorry for no updates, after a while you stop asking questions and just go with what you think. I inserted a new pic so you can properly see what the stem looks like now, big improvement :). Although the plant should be double the size at almost 1 and a half months now, I'm hoping the nutrients will help shoot it up. Also that these bugs be exterminated!!!!!!
Praying for neem oil to be the hero.

And I didn't think of that actually, thanks so much. I have some Resolva bug spray that I checked and will no way put on my plant, however I'm gonna run out and spray it against the pots. Thanks a bunch that was handy info.
It doesn't target spidermites but it will at least stop others.

IMG 2591
Last edited:
KaylasKush

KaylasKush

3x smaller then a grain of rice really ant that long lol

Jesus then I wouldn't even be able to see it :cry:, haha, my eyes are already awful. Once I got that mula I'll get a magnifying glass for future reference. For now I'll try a few things and see if the buggers leave.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thank you man! And sorry for no updates, after a while you stop asking questions and just go with what you think. I inserted a new pic so you can properly see what the stem looks like now, big improvement :). Although the plant should be double the size at almost 1 and a half months now, I'm hoping the nutrients will help shoot it up. Also that these bugs be exterminated!!!!!!
Praying for neem oil to be the hero.

And I didn't think of that actually, thanks so much. I have some Resolva bug spray that I checked and will no way put on my plant, however I'm gonna run out and spray it against the pots. Thanks a bunch that was handy info.
It doesn't target spidermites but it will at least stop others.

Exactly!!! Go with the feel that connection with the plants and positive energy is what will make them turn beautiful and your skills as a true gardener improve. It looks like u put them outside? Ha yes the nutrients will help you are on your way (thumbs up)

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Exactly!!! Go with the feel that connection with the plants and positive energy is what will make them turn beautiful and your skills as a true gardener improve. It looks like u put them outside? Ha yes the nutrients will help you are on your way (thumbs up)

Couldn't agree more :)
Yes they were always going to be an outdoor grow. They are sitting in a greenhouse now.

Top Bottom