Spin Pro

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
just a few shots of a run with the spin pro. as you can see the top left corner but needs a little touch up but for the most part its all good. shot after of a close up for all those sky is falling people that keep saying it destroys the weed or mangles the tich heads. if you use the thing correctly it works great. weed has to be fresh cut right off the plant and dont make to big a pile or it will mash the leaves against the buds and wont trim well. what i mean by that is dont pre cut to many branches at once as they lay down they become harder to trim.
Spinpro 2
Spinpro 4
Spinpro 6

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have the trim pro rotor almost the same.
Trick is to runn the nugs, don't over run them..then in the drying racks sift off the untrimmed tips and nubs of leaves by moving nugs around as they dry the untrimmed leaves come off.
IMO if done right just as good as if not better than hand trimming...
Also way important.. 50 and 50 50 degrees and 50 % humidity in dark room with a little circulation...Slow, and cool dry works very well for me..
The little tips will break off leaving the perfect nug...

Last edited:
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Have the trim pro rotor almost the same.
Trick is to runn the nugs, don't over run them..then in the drying racks sift off the untrimmed tips and nubs of leaves by moving nugs around as they dry the untrimmed leaves come off.
IMO if done right just as good as if not better than hand trimming...
Also way important.. 50 and 50 50 degrees and 50 % humidity in dark room with a little circulation...Slow, and cool dry works very well for me..
The little tips will break off leaving the perfect nug...

right on the money we have the rotor at abother spot and it works great. with the spin pro i crank slow and steady 25 forward then stop and 15 backwards.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Hell yea im sold i already kinda trim that way anyhow only take a few branches that i know will be trimmed withing the half hour and pull all the big stuff i can get by hand so i think this is going to work well for me i have zero time for trimming now and its a heavy work load at that so any time i can save from trimming now is going to be of a major help!

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
Nice pics KT thanks for putting them up. I just bought one of these and plan on using it in a few weeks. How does the bubble hash turn out for you ( if you bubble ) when the plant matter is diced up like that? I'm having a hard time finding info on this, and the only thread about it on the farm the guys hash turned out green?

S

Steel Erection

My buddy thought I was nuts when I paid 500 for the spinpro 4 years ago. Awesome investment. Saves hours of time. -SE

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
we are not hash conisouers over here. but that and the wax seem to turn out fine. if you scrape the sides and use that stuff then yes it will be green. we were using painters tape inside the bowl to make the clean up a breeze. but then a guy suggested i just put a bag or peice of plastic in there and lift it out when done.

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
Hey quick question KT.. Have you ever used those quad blades that come as xtras?

Last edited:
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
no i havent but if i remeber right they are for more sativa type strains. thin longer leaves

miko

miko

My spin pro kicks ass. Trimmed over 20 plants in a few hours. Does a nice job and easy to clean.

SunGrown

SunGrown

to get these types of trimmers to work their best you need to spray the grill and fingers with spray vegetable oil as you use the machine.

But yes, they do a very good job. I have owned the original twister ($15,000) and a knock off hand crank spin version ($200) and honestly the hand crank machine worked better. typically for me on the hand crank 1800 wet comes to about 450 dry and curable.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah you need to do soem minor prep work but they come out decent. it also has alot to do with the product your putting in. if its real lose and flimsy it may break up during spinning. dont crank it to fast just a nice slow steady pace.

Top Bottom