Sport Hunting

• Thread starter geologic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I was going to point this thread out but I see you found it already :)

Your plant appears to have the fasciation mutation. Couple of examples in my and this thread too if I remember correctly.

Geosporchlizard

That lizard is definitely up to something, scoping out the house like that.

unwine99

unwine99

Your plant appears to have the fasciation mutation. Couple of examples in my and this thread too if I remember correctly.
Ya, I've been pretty busy. It's like being in a new city and wanting to see all the sights. The niños have been ocupado with their mom all day which never happens, especially on my day off, so I've been able explore freely.

Yep, googled "fasciation mutation" and that looks to be it to a T. Now I'm interested in what the flowers are going to look like. I took clones from it a few days ago just in case the bud is off the charts or something crazy but it kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies when wondering how it's going to present itself as a cloned plant given how clones are generally much less uniform than plants straight from seed. I realize you usually grow exclusively from seed but in your experience, have these plants been anything that you would keep around?

I agree Geologic, that lizard looks to be on a mission, like you took something of his and he wants it back.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Mine turned out pretty bad actually, it grew a mohawk which turned out to be mostly leaf and rotted too.

P5 12 2
P5 12 8
P5 12 13
P5 12 9
P5 12 11

P5 stem

I specifically wanted to see how it turned out but it's imo not a desirable trait. All the branches were normal even though small produces larger buds than the main mohawk. It's too leafy, too branchy. So unless you specifically want to observe the mutation I would top it high (or low and veg longer).

The following pic shows nicely how the mohawk develops. The main stem bended in my case, but as you can see, at some point the distance between branches becomes so short they are next to each other, aligned at the same level, which results in a lot of branch and leaf and little 'flower'.
Fasciatedp5 1

unwine99

unwine99

You're right, that doesn't look too desirable at all; I'll probably just slice off the branch for now then. I'm not sure about killing the clone yet. Maybe I'll just grow it out just for curiosity's sake. Since there is only one side branch effected, I just wonder if it will effect the main stem on the clone or just another side branch, or maybe not at all? Hmmm.......I dunno. :confused:

Asfdsdfasdfasdfas

Adfasdfasdfsdf

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Since there is only one side branch effected, I just wonder if it will effect the main stem on the clone or just another side branch, or maybe not at all?
My guess would be the last one, as in not at all. Perhaps if you would veg much longer, or top, new branches could become fasciated but it seems to start early in its lifetime, i.e. when it starts to mature (after 4-5th node from seed). With clones that's around the time they sort of re-established as a plant on it's own, i.e. after rooting and some vegging. I had a mohawk bud (fasciated flower) on a regular branch once in flowering stage, but that one turned out fine. It's the fasciated main stem that causes the problems, as in a leafy mohawk as main bud preventing a proper main cola, and too many small side branches creating mini buds.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
That was really great how you dissected that fasciated mohawk,
and showed that it was like a head of cabbage inside;
the only time I broke into 'em was after harvest Heh--
you are a true scientist...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Mandatory water restrictions,
at least I'm on drip lines;
nuthin' left to do but smile, smile smile,
and get religion--
and pray for El Niño...

----------------------------------------------

Outdoor irrigation is limited to two days a week, before 8AM and after 7PM,
Addresses ending in an even number may water Sunday and Wednesday--
Addresses ending in an odd number may water Tuesday and Saturday...

==================================================

Maybe I shoudda started saving it--
like they do up north...

154801b8a9c46e30ecbe5985ed21a729

...nah--
I don't need quite that much...

1a0630garden

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
[JFTR]
You can stream the Grateful Dead live audio tonite here:

and they're replaying the previous show now,
but <spoiler alert> be careful reading the banter if you wanna be surprised;
last night they posted the accurate setlist--
before the show...
[you don't have to sign-up or logon--it just starts playing]

1GD1

soserthc1

soserthc1

Guess you know what nights your watering:joyful: finches are cool

I dig lizards and parrots and pot come to think of it.... I like the dead too weres my headphones
Thinking collecting a little rain water might come in handy. Well at least for Monday Thursday and Friday

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Thinking collecting a little rain water might come in handy. Well at least for Monday Thursday and Friday
Barring rogue monsoonal thunderstorms or an El Niño event,
it's unlikely I'll get any collectable rainwater 'till November/December--
after my growing season has ended...

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hum makes for good growing then plenty of sunshine. I'm guessing you just bottle / jug it up on yours days then. Monsonal thunderstorms we just had but my only yard visitors are an occasionally bluejay ( had a kid) and chipmunks . funny thou as I was watering the lawn this young bluejay that left the nest a little early was chirping insanely in the tree pretty low as he's not a good flyer. Turns out I walk back and there is a cat stalking him from below my car. I scurried the cat along and said I got ya little man. I might have a pixture naw I'll see if he comes back

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
...remember;
these folks stream the shows live (audio),
and they re-play 'em:

[you don't have to sign-up or logon--it just starts playing--
after taking a little to load]...

GDs2a

GDs2b

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
1g1

1g2

Did a real high nitrogen dose the other day,
and got 3 staminate bearing plants;
4 to 5 prunings--
16 to 32 mainstems...

1gp1

...doing a little light dep thing too--
so I can get an early taste of new varieties...

1gld1

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
@Sativied
Found another plant expressing male inflorescences,
but all of a sudden there's lotsa females starting to flower;
these new genetics seem very early (from what I'm used to)
and now I don't know if I should do that second high nitrogen feed--
how long can I go before transitioning to phosphorus???...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Spent all day preparing and applying a ++N top dressing,
left-out the alfalfa but I'll keep it in the teas for a while yet;
I've never had a garden of female plants be so spread-out flowering-wise,
(and, as far as feeding goes, 'round here: it's one-mix-fits-all)
so when 50-75% of the plants have started to flower;
I'll switch from a veg-mix topdress/rootdrench/folier to a flower-mix--
the late-flowering IBL's and sat dom's will just have to deal with it...

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I use the pretty much the same NPK ratio during veg as flower so I'm not of much help here. I can tell you this though, it's normal in NL to use extremely little N for long flowering sativas and haze strains, some run bloom/flower nutes only (yellow plants by harvest time). Considering I'm not for high P nutes, I think that N topdressing is timed well either way. They still veg (make leaves and branches a lot) till they are full on flowering, ie. during transition. Having ample N during that final grow spurt can prevent premature yellowing later on (a typical effect from high P nutes).

Top Bottom