Spots on seedlings from what?

• Thread starter JessH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JessH

JessH

Hi all!
New here and to growing!
This is my second grow, only one girl on the go so I can manage any issues easier.
Strawberry Banana from Dr.Seeds, on day 20 from germination (she’s coming along a bit slow), in a 50/50 coco perlite blend pre-bagged/buffered from “Cyco Coco” feeding “Remo Nutrients“ 970-980 ppm (ppm 700 scale) ph 5.8-6.1 (fluctuates between feedings), 70 mls once daily keeps coco wet, RH kept between 70%-80% with a cool mist humidifier using filtered water, and temp between 75-80F, currently under a Spider Farmer 1000 watt that’s 24 inches away, inside an aprox. 3x2 foot grow tent, running Vivosun 4inch carbon filter and inline fan, have an oscillating fan blowing on the seedling as well. Currently in fabric nursery pot after planting pellet in here a couple weeks ago, and roots not yet growing through.
I think that’s all the info needed..now I just wanna know why she might have these spots? I water with a syringe and don’t get any droplets on the leaves (which is what I thought may be causing it), so I’m looking for any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong (if anything) to cause these spots?
Thanks!

Spots on seedlings from what
Spots on seedlings from what 2
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I was recently looking at tmv tobacco mosaic virus and it can cause similar patterning in leaves.

I have mostly seen it in the first few weeks of a plants life. Chalked it up to the plant maybe correcting a ph imbalance in the soil. Or the soils ph is just off/ fertilizers end up correcting...either way its most likely a ph issue that has no worries needed

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Could be bugs too. Check thr undersides of your leaves n scope'em

Usually thrips cause that kind of damage

JessH

JessH

I was recently looking at tmv tobacco mosaic virus and it can cause similar patterning in leaves.

I have mostly seen it in the first few weeks of a plants life. Chalked it up to the plant maybe correcting a ph imbalance in the soil. Or the soils ph is just off/ fertilizers end up correcting...either way its most likely a ph issue that has no worries needed
That’s good to know, thanks for the info!

JessH

JessH

I gont grow in coc...HOLLY SHIT IS THAT A HIGH PPM!!lol...i just looked at the pics w/o reading ur post!
The ppm is in range recommended by the company my nutrients are from. I mix the ratio recommended on the bottle.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Whats the NPK on those bottled nutes

Ouch seedlings little plants like this only really need 25% of mfg suggested rates...all i ever gave them when i grew synthetics...fox farm, only gave them 25% for the first month....while using promix...

JessH

JessH

Whats the NPK on those bottled nutes

Ouch seedlings little plants like this only really need 25% of mfg suggested rates...all i ever gave them when i grew synthetics...fox farm, only gave them 25% for the first month....while using promix...
I started by giving them a small amount and I noticed growth slow dramatically. I confirmed with the company that this number is fine for a seedling if I’m starting to feed. It really doesn’t seem like an over feeding issue.

JessH

JessH

I started by giving them a small amount and I noticed growth slow dramatically. I confirm with the company that this number is fine for a seedling if I’m starting to water. It really doesn’t seem like over feeding..
Also coco has absolutely nothing in it fertilizer wise unlike promix.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Also coco has absolutely nothing in it fertilizer wise unlike promix.
I have an EC meter. Ppm's to me make lil sense. I have a ppm meter but rarely use it if at all..

Are these nutes specifically formulated for coco? I never really understood why folks grow in coco. Are you planning on switching to soil or hydro in the future?

JessH

JessH

I have an EC meter. Ppm's to me make lil sense. I have a ppm meter but rarely use it if at all..

Are these nutes specifically formulated for coco? I never really understood why folks grow in coco. Are you planning on switching to soil or hydro in the future?
Nope good for any medium. The company recommends coco though as do a lot of people I talk to. I prefer coco do not plan on switching. Works better for me and what I use with it.
I posted this on a coco for cannabis forum so hopefully I’ll get some further recommendations there.
thanks for your suggestions.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I started by giving them a small amount and I noticed growth slow dramatically. I confirmed with the company that this number is fine for a seedling if I’m starting to feed. It really doesn’t seem like an over feeding issue.
What was your ppm prior to this high af switch?

Top Bottom