Stadium215 - Coco - Vert

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

dont know how i missed this but u killlin it wit the stadium my dude! u got alot of fire in there bro u gonna be like a kid in a candy store come harvest time :harvest:

Thanks for dropping in winta! i'm excited about these girls, hopefully i can do them justice.:harvest:

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks for the kind words! can't wait to see your garden running!! clones soon?

Don't wanna jinx it, but it's looking like I'm a little ahead of my revised revised revised timeline...........shooting to have clones rooted and ready to go in within 17-20 days, if all goes well.

What a fucking task this has been...........

B

BBing925

SFzoo... I really like your set-up... "Killing it"... Ive been thinking of changing my grow room set-up... Have a few questions, if you don't mind?

How many plants did you run?
How much water did they drink per day? You mentioned in another post you never had any problems with wastewater and run-off... Did you have an exact amount of water per stage of growth?
You mentioned using 1 gal pots... Would using 2 gal pots increase size and yeild?

B

Bobby Smith

SFzoo... I really like your set-up... "Killing it"... Ive been thinking of changing my grow room set-up... Have a few questions, if you don't mind?

How many plants did you run?
How much water did they drink per day? You mentioned in another post you never had any problems with wastewater and run-off... Did you have an exact amount of water per stage of growth?
You mentioned using 1 gal pots... Would using 2 gal pots increase size and yeild?

Post #58 answers your first question and post #62 answers your last question (hope that helps).

B

BBing925

SFZOO-

One last question... I'm currently running Casey Jones for the first time.... How many days into flower until they stop stretching? I'm 2 weeks into flower

C

cvbud

Newbie to the Farmer and am lovin it. have spent the last few weeks reading nothing but this thread and bobby's PVC journal.
learning tons and applying the skill to my garden. its put wind in my sails.
nice work! its a trip to me that those plants on the upper shelves dont try to grow at a 90 degree angle to get to that light.

outstanding set up.

been subd

S

sfzoo

Post #58 answers your first question and post #62 answers your last question (hope that helps).

Thanks Bobby.

SFZOO-

One last question... I'm currently running Casey Jones for the first time.... How many days into flower until they stop stretching? I'm 2 weeks into flower

They stopped stretching around week 3. They did stretch tall though, i'm sure your well out of that phase now.

Newbie to the Farmer and am lovin it. have spent the last few weeks reading nothing but this thread and bobby's PVC journal.
learning tons and applying the skill to my garden. its put wind in my sails.
nice work! its a trip to me that those plants on the upper shelves dont try to grow at a 90 degree angle to get to that light.

outstanding set up.

been subd

Glad you like it cvbud. Stick around, ask any question you like. Things will be heating up soon.

========

Long delay between updates. Was away for xmas vacation. left the garden in the hands of a friend who was watching close by last round. Sort of mentoring him, which sounds weird since i'm still learning myself..but i suppose, in this game, you're always learning. Anyhow, he held down the fort while i was away.

An interesting week here at the Stadium.

While I was away, I had an email from my garden tender saying he has spotted a male..or what he thought was a male.

Impossible, i thought, since our stock came from clones. Lo and behold, I come back from vacation and find 20 males. 20!

How'd this happen? I couldn't tell you. I did contact the vendor, they were aware of the problem and have promised to replace the clones. Hoping they throw in some extras to compensate for the extra work and headache they have caused me.

So that's that. Crossing my fingers and hoping its made right.

A few changes:
-I was intending to flip at ~8" or so. They are well beyond that after 5 weeks of veg. So i'll cut them back to about ~12" or so before the flip.
-They will be xplanted to 2gal growbags, debating this. Not sure if the roots will be ok i the 1gals. Pics to come for any advice on root mass.
-The shelving will be once again remodeled. To accomodate the taller girls, i'll have the bottom row on the ground and the top row will be one shelf lower. This will afford me around 12" more of vertical space. Not to mention, an extra row up top for smaller clones. Also, i'm thinking that this will give me better control over the light footprint, ie, bulb height and plant proximity.

But, before the flip, I have to first wash down the room and give the girls a good drenching to kill any and all pollen that has dusted my grow space.
I'll probably hit the girls with a sm90 foliar while i'm at it...might as well give em something good if i'm going to spray the shit out of them.

I'm pushing on despite these problems. I'll have photos of the roots, males, stadium, etc. tomorrow or the next day.

The fun should be starting soon...stay tuned!:rock

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good man - props to your buddy - not often you can leave for vaca and come back happy with how things went

besides the males that had he nothing to do with...

B

Bobby Smith

Good to see you back, bro.

So you bought clones from somebody and they gave you males? I'm a pretty laid back guy but that would get me pretty hyped..........good luck with handling that man, I'm rooting for ya.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking forward to the updates. Hope they make it right for you.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Whaddup sfzoo... Damn that sucks to hear about the male clones! You should be compensated big time... What's your new lineup now? :wondering

I'm sure you will make the best out of this shitty situation and adapt your plan based on the shelving modifications and trimming you mentioned. Maybe you could leave a few of the clones tall and/or arrange a couple short ones on the floor and under the vert bulbs... Or possibly add a shelf at the back wall to have space for a couple plants. Just throwing out ideas to maximize your yield now that you have fewer plants and more space to fill... :thinking

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That is one hell of a mistake. How well do you trust this source now? I'm not so sure I would want them to replace anything other than my cash.

F

frostedlove

I love the BAY AREA for the cuts that are around and things, but then again I hate the BAYAREA for all the BS envolved in the clone game!

I went through it once or twice and NOW I am done! I got my MOMS and forget it! BUGS and PROBLEMS are not things I need. AS a new grower.....aka NOB..... I need to focus on just growing the best I can and not be fighting problems from someone elses problems.

Hope it all works out for ya Bro!

from the sounds of it you got it handled best way possible!

Rock On!

justiceman

justiceman

Yo man sorry to hear about those males. I hope everything gets worked out alright. Your stadium is sick man! That room in full bloom is a sight to behold.

S

sfzoo

looking good man - props to your buddy - not often you can leave for vaca and come back happy with how things went

besides the males that had he nothing to do with...

Truth, definetly trusted him enough to go through the routine work. Sucks, when he mentioned the male I brushed it off, told him it was impossible. then.....

Good to see you back, bro.

So you bought clones from somebody and they gave you males? I'm a pretty laid back guy but that would get me pretty hyped..........good luck with handling that man, I'm rooting for ya.

i was pretty heated myself. Fact is, they have been pretty good about staying in contact and are willing to make it right. They will be replacing the males with Jupiter OG:004:. Although, i'm not sure that I want those. Might ask for some beans instead. Although, trusting those beans is another issue!

Looking forward to the updates. Hope they make it right for you.

Thanks lead, updates coming right after this.

btw, off topic, your name - is it lead sled, like the first sled? or lead like the heavy metal? lol:icon_dizzy:

love casey jones

thanks for stopping in surfer..stay tuned for the show, its just heating up.

Whaddup sfzoo... Damn that sucks to hear about the male clones! You should be compensated big time... What's your new lineup now? :wondering

I'm sure you will make the best out of this shitty situation and adapt your plan based on the shelving modifications and trimming you mentioned. Maybe you could leave a few of the clones tall and/or arrange a couple short ones on the floor and under the vert bulbs... Or possibly add a shelf at the back wall to have space for a couple plants. Just throwing out ideas to maximize your yield now that you have fewer plants and more space to fill... :thinking

Thanks Shady! indeed i shall adapt and move on. My lineup has stayed the same..just dwindled numbers. The DeadheadOG stock is almost 1/2 gone. I was going to run little trees, but i really topped em good, so I may just keep most in there and flip the little shrubs.

Thanks bro, appreciate all the help.

That is one hell of a mistake. How well do you trust this source now? I'm not so sure I would want them to replace anything other than my cash.

I trust them as far as they go to make this right. Mistakes happen, can't crucify them before they get a chance to do good.

I love the BAY AREA for the cuts that are around and things, but then again I hate the BAYAREA for all the BS envolved in the clone game!

I went through it once or twice and NOW I am done! I got my MOMS and forget it! BUGS and PROBLEMS are not things I need. AS a new grower.....aka NOB..... I need to focus on just growing the best I can and not be fighting problems from someone elses problems.

Hope it all works out for ya Bro!

from the sounds of it you got it handled best way possible!

Rock On!

i hear you bro! thanks for stoppin in.

however, these clones weren't from a local vendor. all the way from socal. I wanted the genetics, and as you say the clone game here is wack. So i made the call to drive down to pick these up. Hopefully turn out to be some fire!

Yo man sorry to hear about those males. I hope everything gets worked out alright. Your stadium is sick man! That room in full bloom is a sight to behold.

Thanks Justice..hope to see you around here a little more..

---

Thanks Farmers! update to come..

S

sfzoo

So here she is, the stadium in its overgrown glory

http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5964.jpg

I can't flip it like this. It'll be a massive wall of colas that i'm not prepared to deal with.

Ideally, i'd love to have a drip system of sorts - or any automated watering system - and pop a screen up and vert scrog it...but alas, i'm yet again unprepared for that.

Here's a few more, might show better how overgrown they are. They look gorgeous though.

http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5965.jpg
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5966.jpg

You can see that i've taken out a shelf on the right side. I'm putting plants on the floor and moving the shelving further in to be closer to the lights. So i'll effectively have 5 shelves on the left, with nothing on the top shelf. And 4 on the right(including the ground).

I've made some additions to give me space to walk down the aisle. The plants on the ground are limiting the work space within the stadium, so i came up with this.

http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5971.jpg

I just place the bulbs in the rings and voila! I can now walk down the aisle without touching bulbs. Not sure why I didin't think of this in the first place. :crazy:

Alien Bubba
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5972.jpg

Alien Dawg
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5975.jpg

I don't have shots of the Deadhead or the SFVOG. The males were mainly found amongst the Deadhead stock, so the count has dropped on those girls. A few were among the SFVOG.

====

So i've now topped all the girls and will be slimming down the plant count in the stadium. These girls are gonna get big! and they all won't fit in there. Mid bloom would be a sight to see.

To say i topped is an understatement. Severely topped is more like it. I've take nearly 50% off most girls in there. Some even more.

here's an example
before(this girl has already lost a few tops before i took this photo)
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5988.jpg
after
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5989.jpg

Before(notice the right one is already hacked up)
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5986.jpg
after
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5987.jpg

Here's the right side with a hair cut and the left side all shaggy
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_5992.jpg

Uhhgg, it pained me to take off so much. It was really tough to see such healthy tops be thrown away(not that the next pic is healthy, lol). I have no room to keep that many clones tho.
Took off about 3x this amount off most girls.
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_6005.jpg

Both sides, post haircut, even canopy!! :rock
http://i957.invalid.com/albums/ae53/sfzoo/stadium/IMG_6003.jpg

peep that pile in the middle, that's only 1/3 of what came off. Sorry ladies

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So are you gonna flower them? Look's like you'll have to build a fence to support those ladies. Much more veg then your last run, no? Outcome should be awesome. Can't wait.

S

sfzoo

yep, gonna flip this weekend. maybe saturday.

they seem to have not been stressed to much from the severe topping, thankfully.

as far as support, i'm considering my options.
one of which, i read on IC, is DHFs(i think he gave credit to Krusty) chicken wire stapled to the ceiling. He then ties the colas to string hanging from the chicken wire.

stakes...
cages..
net...

must decide quick

JPLord01

JPLord01

SFZOO looking good man so is today the big day? And thanks for stoping by to post on my grow. I like how you have the light holder so you can walk down the center. I'm going to do this as well good idea.

Top Bottom