start growing outdoors in August??

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

hey farmers, i was thinking of starting plants in August outdoors in Florida, the temp stays warm pretty much the whole year and only gets close to freezing around jan-feb, also, there will be around 12 hours of sunlight throughout the rest of the year. The amount of sunlight doesn't fluctuate as much compared to higher or lower latitudes. I was thinking of going with God Bud from Jordan Islands, it finishes in about 8 weeks.

If anybody has experience starting plants late in summer please share, or if you have an opinion I would like to here from you, thanks.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
hey farmers, i was thinking of starting plants in August outdoors in Florida, the temp stays warm pretty much the whole year and only gets close to freezing around jan-feb, also, there will be around 12 hours of sunlight throughout the rest of the year. The amount of sunlight doesn't fluctuate as much compared to higher or lower latitudes. I was thinking of going with God Bud from Jordan Islands, it finishes in about 8 weeks.

If anybody has experience starting plants late in summer please share, or if you have an opinion I would like to here from you, thanks.

Here's the resident Florida Outdoor expert--
MASSIVE CANNABIS BARGE PIC DUMP!! ...

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

PERFECT MY MAN!!!

Starting in late aug,to 1rst week september,you will
get the finest Xmas bud ready by dec 1rst...
This is our best time to grow since it gets cooler every
month!!!
SPRING IS NEXT BEST,take a small break in december and start right away in january first week this will bring you to april 1rst and dont go passed mid april or your buds will reveg to hell....
turning into a bunch of leafy bud.

SUMMERS are the tuffest,MOLD RAMPID,HEAT from HELL and insects like rains.......
it can be done though for a YEAR ROUND SEASON!!!
starting in june and goes until oct...
good luck,
LG

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

thats great info oldpro, i really needed that thanks, i have experience growing outdoors in northern appalachia mountains and i was thinking of how to deal with the intense heat and humidity down here. Well now i know lol and im gonna sub to your thread...

I have a question since u have so much experience outdoors in fla....do you find one type of genetics (indica or sativa) to grow better during the fall/spring or is it basically very similar??

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Hi again..

Well,fall i would plant any sativas to quicken their
flowering time an keep them short!

Indicas are great for both seasons Fall/spring...
sativas are better for the summers nasty molds,
you can also flower clones here during the fall
and spring months!!!
Summers are just to HOT an a clone goes into
flowering right away n get all stringy/messy...
no good,wait with clones until sept/fall,and right
away again in first week january they will ROCK!!
Peace...LG

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

@lex0415 how's it going brother?
sorry for the highjack but i actually wanted to open a thread with the same topic, only i live in israel, you guys think i can pull it off? i'm shooting in the dark here and i need some advice.. thanks!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hi again..

Well,fall i would plant any sativas to quicken their
flowering time an keep them short!

Indicas are great for both seasons Fall/spring...
sativas are better for the summers nasty molds,
you can also flower clones here during the fall
and spring months!!!
Summers are just to HOT an a clone goes into
flowering right away n get all stringy/messy...
no good,wait with clones until sept/fall,and right
away again in first week january they will ROCK!!
Peace...LG

This knowledge your dropping is invaluable to me, I didn't realize how different the grow cycles were down here, I mainly have outdoor experience in northern appalachia. Thanks alot for the help.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@lex0415 how's it going brother?
sorry for the highjack but i actually wanted to open a thread with the same topic, only i live in israel, you guys think i can pull it off? i'm shooting in the dark here and i need some advice.. thanks!

its going good roy, been a while since i grew gonna get back in. No highjack bro, if its helpful to someone lets talk about it :)

I have no idea about isreal, but the latitude is kinda close to fla at 31 N, if its similar in sun light and temps dont get too cold, im sure you can pull it off. You might have to plant a lil earlier for the fall cycle, but im just guessing here.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

its going good roy, been a while since i grew gonna get back in. No highjack bro, if its helpful to someone lets talk about it :)

I have no idea about isreal, but the latitude is kinda close to fla at 31 N, if its similar in sun light and temps dont get too cold, im sure you can pull it off. You might have to plant a lil earlier for the fall cycle, but im just guessing here.

nice to see you get back into it man goodluck!

you're exactly right, i'm at 31 lat. what about lights? are you vegging them outdoors?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

nice to see you get back into it man goodluck!

you're exactly right, i'm at 31 lat. what about lights? are you vegging them outdoors?

bro, im going 100% outdoors....I know its a lil more risky not having baby seedlings indoors, but thats just the way I gotta do it right now.

If I did veg a lil indoors, it would b with flouro's, least a week or 2. And keep the light schedule similar to the outdoor's, but im sure you know this all ready lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

hey roy, how things going? hope your safe with whats going on in ur neck of the woods right now...

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

hey roy, how things going? hope your safe with whats going on in ur neck of the woods right now...

hey lex, yep its pretty crazy over here; growing weed under missile attacks... although were not at close-range hitting ground so we only got a few missile alarms till now. I'm more worried about my ladies being able come through with the light sup and everything than im worried about missiles..

Latest posts

Top Bottom