Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Greetings good people far and near. Stoked to get back under the lights after a month or so of being stuck to the couch and ceiling from 1st grow. This thread is a bit of the end of that one and the start of a new.
Thank you sincerely to the kind souls here that helped me get from start to finish my 1st grow. I learned much from all of you and I know it is just the start.

Strains~ all fem photo, Barney's Farm Blue Sunset Sherbert, Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch, and Seedsman Blueberry
6/6 cracked and placed in Peet Pellets today

The Plant already growing is a GRCxBBC that is 18 years old. I am not sure if I will keep it or not. I am running the 3 above in 7 gal fabs and don't have any more. Only have 5gs and 3gs and I won't have enough room in tent to SCROG like I plan to if run 4. Ehh dang I am going to hate to toss it if do 🥺 her leaves are so soft 😆

Not going to be too long-winded as I have quite some time ahead to do that. Lookin forward to having some fun and becomin "one with the soil" a bit. Hope you will join me ✌️

Start of 2nd grow this time in soil
Start of 2nd grow this time in soil 2
Start of 2nd grow this time in soil 3
Start of 2nd grow this time in soil 4
Start of 2nd grow this time in soil 5
Start of 2nd grow this time in soil 6
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sunday Sunday Sunday! Happy 4th weekend out there.

Got 5/6 beans to sprout. The one that did not was a Seedsman Blueberry freebie. I am only growing 3 maybe 4 girls this grow so have 3-4 extra. I only need/wanted 1 Blueberry, 1 Mimosa x Orange Punch, and 1 Blue Sunset Sherbert but I have grown attached to my 3 week old GRC x BBC and with only 2 other seeds of it left, I'm leaning towards a 4 cultivar run but with the GRC in 5g fabric and the rest in 7g. The extra seeds I germinated were just insurance I would get at least 1 to pop and germ to maximize and finalize grow goals. With the space I have I feel I will likely end up with a similar total yield but just 1 extra strain.

I was on the fence about what to do about a perpetual grow but decided to shit or get off the pot. Hard to not take advantage of the 4th sales going on if you are in the market and I pulled trigger on another HLG Blackbird and AC infinity 4x4 tent, t6 exhaust, and infinity controller 69 with bluetooth. I will use my 3x3 tent to dry. Now I will be able to drop beans in 2nd tent when flip 1st tent to flower like @CannaGranny 🥰 does and @Zombierider is planning to do. I learned quick that I don't want to start over and wait a full 5-6 months for the benefits of new cultivars. Another benefit of a perpetual grow is I am not going to be concerned on yields as much because I know they will come. This will cut down a bit on veg times. With proper timing, SCROG, conditions, feeding, and genetics, I will surely have more than enough enough within my 6 legal limit for personal use. Needless to say, it is game on and I am pretty excited to get shiz further underway. Guess the only question I have yet is to keep the GRC x BBC(supposedly/possibly square 1 re-breed) and run a 5g(don't have another7) that is 22 days old along with the 3 other cultivars that are 5 days old or to kill it? hmmm

20220703 183251
Zombierider

Zombierider

@

Got 5/6 beans to sprout. The one that did not was a Seedsman Blueberry freebie. I am only growing 3 maybe 4 girls this grow so have 3-4 extra. I only need/wanted 1 Blueberry, 1 Mimosa x Orange Punch, and 1 Blue Sunset Sherbert but I have grown attached to my 3 week old GRC x BBC and with only 2 other seeds of it left, I'm leaning towards a 4 cultivar run but with the GRC in 5g fabric and the rest in 7g. The extra seeds I germinated were just insurance I would get at least 1 to pop and germ to maximize and finalize grow goals. With the space I have I feel I will likely end up with a similar total yield but just 1 extra strain.

I was on the fence about what to do about a perpetual grow but decided to shit or get off the pot. Hard to not take advantage of the 4th sales going on if you are in the market and I pulled trigger on another HLG Blackbird and AC infinity 4x4 tent, t6 exhaust, and infinity controller 69 with bluetooth. I will use my 3x3 tent to dry. Now I will be able to drop beans in 2nd tent when flip 1st tent to flower like @CannaGranny 🥰 does and @Zombierider is planning to do. I learned quick that I don't want to start over and wait a full 5-6 months for the benefits of new cultivars. Another benefit of a perpetual grow is I am not going to be concerned on yields as much because I know they will come. This will cut down a bit on veg times. With proper timing, SCROG, conditions, feeding, and genetics, I will surely have more than enough enough within my 6 legal limit for personal use. Needless to say, it is game on and I am pretty excited to get shiz further underway. Guess the only question I have yet is to keep the GRC x BBC(supposedly/possibly square 1 re-breed) and run a 5g(don't have another7) that is 22 days old along with the 3 other cultivars that are 5 days old or to kill it? hmmm
Wassup homie! Heck yeah I’m excited to see you already on your way to a full blown growing addicting. Nice! Im glad you’ve finally realized you have the ganja growing disease and it’s easiest to just succumb to it. Perpetual grow was definitely a no brainer for the same reasons as you listed, I love my cheese cookies, but perpetual grow will let me grow more strains per year and not get burned out on any particular cultivar. That 4x4 setup with the Blackbird is fkn mint, the blackbird is a legit light, gotta love HLG. So lemme get it straight, you have one 5x5, one 4x4 and one 3x3 for drying? I also got another light from HLG for the 4th sale, I got their HLG patriot 150 and I also picked up the photontek sq300 from my local hydro store. So that, plus the HLG 100 I have in there already, I got 550ish watts in there. Will definitely need to dim the 150 probably but I wanna see if multiple lights vs one big one will get me better light spread and “penetration” lol.

As for the BRC: Firetly did you say it was 18 years old? If so it’s a bit under grown 🤣. I would keep it and just run it by itself in the 4x4 since it’s a good couple weeks ahead of the others I think? It’s all about the space you have at this point, but more cultivars means more different terp profiles :D.

Anyway good luck bro, my girls are about to go into their 1 gallon pots and be auto watered! Can’t wait! I’m not planning on veggin them for too long, I’m now focusing more on quality and variety than yield at this point. 💨

Neueregel

Neueregel

good luck on your grow. looking forward to watching it grow.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@

Wassup homie! Heck yeah I’m excited to see you already on your way to a full blown growing addicting. Nice! Im glad you’ve finally realized you have the ganja growing disease and it’s easiest to just succumb to it. Perpetual grow was definitely a no brainer for the same reasons as you listed, I love my cheese cookies, but perpetual grow will let me grow more strains per year and not get burned out on any particular cultivar. That 4x4 setup with the Blackbird is fkn mint, the blackbird is a legit light, gotta love HLG. So lemme get it straight, you have one 5x5, one 4x4 and one 3x3 for drying? I also got another light from HLG for the 4th sale, I got their HLG patriot 150 and I also picked up the photontek sq300 from my local hydro store. So that, plus the HLG 100 I have in there already, I got 550ish watts in there. Will definitely need to dim the 150 probably but I wanna see if multiple lights vs one big one will get me better light spread and “penetration” lol.

As for the BRC: Firetly did you say it was 18 years old? If so it’s a bit under grown 🤣. I would keep it and just run it by itself in the 4x4 since it’s a good couple weeks ahead of the others I think? It’s all about the space you have at this point, but more cultivars means more different terp profiles :D.

Anyway good luck bro, my girls are about to go into their 1 gallon pots and be auto watered! Can’t wait! I’m not planning on veggin them for too long, I’m now focusing more on quality and variety than yield at this point. 💨
Happy 4th brotha. Yeah no doubt I am so happy to be on team perp grow meow. I looked at all of my options and ended up replicating my 4x4 but with the bluetooth AC controller for exhaust. With the Blackbird I know I have zero concerns and think it cost what it does because it is worth it. They have really sick customer service and the quality of the light is 10/10 imo. As for what I have meow, no I don't have a 5x5. I (will)have 2 x 4x4 infinity and 1 3x3 viparspectra. It was what I bought to dry 1st grow in and wasn't thinking quality much and for $100 it seems of lower quality than my Infinity by a lot. I said fk it and decided to get another 4x4 and use 1 for veg and 1 for flower and dry in the 3x3.
You literally got the lights I was contemplating. The patriot 150 is solid af and the sq300w pro seems of really superior quality. So wait you are going to have all 3 lights in 1 tent? I thought you already have more than 1 tent no? I bet you have eyed that HLG UV bar also huh? I literally stared at it for quite some time trying to have it talk to me 😆 I was dead set on setting up a 3x3 not a 4x4 until yesterday so I had honed things down to for the 3x3 gettin 2x 150 patriots and the UV Bar vs the photontek. You are going to have light comin out your ass lol and in a good way. There sure as shit will be no shortage. Just imagine what you did 1st grow and now you adding more light? damnnnnn
Uhh yeah the Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butte Cups is in fact not 18 years old 😆 but I can't run it in the other 4x4 because what do I do when time to flip to flower? I actually could run 3 plants in 1 and 3 in another and will be in same non-perpetual grow situation in 4-5 months. I would have more but would have to wait longer. That is the whole issue with running the 4th cultivar in my 1st 4x4. For one I don't have a 7g fab for it so it would be in a 5g along 3 with 7gs(not that big of deal) but the biggest deal is obviously space. I will probably not be able to veg nearly as long due to space the damn girl has grown on me and I just can't toss cause only have 2 other seeds and they seem unstable. If it in fact is a square one gen that was re-bred and femmed, I don't want to let it go. Today she is 23 days from planting in solo cup and the others are 6. It is going to be crowded but exactly like you said you are going for quality more now and variety then yield. We have multiple tents meow and yield is of less concern imo due to so much space. I'm only a week in and already thinking of not just next runs cultivars but the one after that.
Wow transplant time for ya. Don't forget the Mycos. Are they staying in 1gs through harvest? Post some pics once they happy in their new digs. Keep easy and chat soon

Zombierider

Zombierider

Happy 4th brotha. Yeah no doubt I am so happy to be on team perp grow meow. I looked at all of my options and ended up replicating my 4x4 but with the bluetooth AC controller for exhaust. With the Blackbird I know I have zero concerns and think it cost what it does because it is worth it. They have really sick customer service and the quality of the light is 10/10 imo. As for what I have meow, no I don't have a 5x5. I (will)have 2 x 4x4 infinity and 1 3x3 viparspectra. It was what I bought to dry 1st grow in and wasn't thinking quality much and for $100 it seems of lower quality than my Infinity by a lot. I said fk it and decided to get another 4x4 and use 1 for veg and 1 for flower and dry in the 3x3.
You literally got the lights I was contemplating. The patriot 150 is solid af and the sq300w pro seems of really superior quality. So wait you are going to have all 3 lights in 1 tent? I thought you already have more than 1 tent no? I bet you have eyed that HLG UV bar also huh? I literally stared at it for quite some time trying to have it talk to me 😆 I was dead set on setting up a 3x3 not a 4x4 until yesterday so I had honed things down to for the 3x3 gettin 2x 150 patriots and the UV Bar vs the photontek. You are going to have light comin out your ass lol and in a good way. There sure as shit will be no shortage. Just imagine what you did 1st grow and now you adding more light? damnnnnn
Uhh yeah the Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butte Cups is in fact not 18 years old 😆 but I can't run it in the other 4x4 because what do I do when time to flip to flower? I actually could run 3 plants in 1 and 3 in another and will be in same non-perpetual grow situation in 4-5 months. I would have more but would have to wait longer. That is the whole issue with running the 4th cultivar in my 1st 4x4. For one I don't have a 7g fab for it so it would be in a 5g along 3 with 7gs(not that big of deal) but the biggest deal is obviously space. I will probably not be able to veg nearly as long due to space the damn girl has grown on me and I just can't toss cause only have 2 other seeds and they seem unstable. If it in fact is a square one gen that was re-bred and femmed, I don't want to let it go. Today she is 23 days from planting in solo cup and the others are 6. It is going to be crowded but exactly like you said you are going for quality more now and variety then yield. We have multiple tents meow and yield is of less concern imo due to so much space. I'm only a week in and already thinking of not just next runs cultivars but the one after that.
Wow transplant time for ya. Don't forget the Mycos. Are they staying in 1gs through harvest? Post some pics once they happy in their new digs. Keep easy and chat soon
Happy 4th to you too brotha! Sounds like you have got your hands full in a good way with your perpetual grow, same here! It’s quite a challenge to set the perpetual grow up but man Cannagranny I’m sure would agree it’s the way to go for us who like to toke more than average :D. And yeah I remember now, you had a 4x4 for some reason I thought you ran a 5x5. Drying in the 3x3 and running 2 4x4’s is fricken perfect setup man, your gonna have so much bud your gonna have to start donating bud to homeless peep’s or something lol. What is your preferred method of consumption? I’m mainly a joint toker, but I rock the bong sometimes too.

And yeah dude the patriot 150 seemed like a good fit for my 4x4 (I got the 4x4 for drying, gonna grow in it lol it’s a Vivosun and is crappy compared to my covert 5x5). I’m gonna be running it with my hlg 100 rspec, 150 patriot, and the sq300, so that’s like 550 watts all 3 lights. When I get the patriot 150 I’m gonna run mad par tests and dial in my scrog height with all 3 lights on blast. 550 is overkill but I rather have the watts and not need em :D. My 5x5 tent is resting at the moment, I’m gonna start a new run in it as soon as I flip my 4x4 to flower in like a month. Got my super lemon haze, Franco’s’ lemon cheese and Cloudwalker seeds in today. Next run will “probably” be super lemon haze and something else. I’m with you on constantly thinking about next grow and stuff, this is one fun/addictive hobby! And yeah dude the uva supplementation is pretty interesting, I’ve been reading that it increases thc, CBD and resin. Only thing is it’s mad cancer producing so I don’t wanna accidentally stare into it one day and my eyes will like fall out of my head or something haha. Seriously though, I will probably rock a uva supplement at some point, they aren’t that expensive.

And yeah dude my current seedlings just went into 1 gallon Flora flex plastic pots, they got their irrigation all hooked up and reservoir filled up. They should be good for a while till next res change. I will just leave em in the 1 gallons, I did that last time and they seemed to like it so I’ma just do it again lol. I also hear for high frequency fertigation 1 gallon is ideal cuz you get to water a fk ton. I am going to experiment with ppm’s though, I feel like the more fertigation’s I give, the lower the ppm’s should be cuz the dry back is so fast I don’t want any nute buildups happening. Let’s see how it goes. We got this buddy! Next step is Harvest-town!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Happy 4th to you too brotha! Sounds like you have got your hands full in a good way with your perpetual grow, same here! It’s quite a challenge to set the perpetual grow up but man Cannagranny I’m sure would agree it’s the way to go for us who like to toke more than average :D. And yeah I remember now, you had a 4x4 for some reason I thought you ran a 5x5. Drying in the 3x3 and running 2 4x4’s is fricken perfect setup man, your gonna have so much bud your gonna have to start donating bud to homeless peep’s or something lol. What is your preferred method of consumption? I’m mainly a joint toker, but I rock the bong sometimes too.

And yeah dude the patriot 150 seemed like a good fit for my 4x4 (I got the 4x4 for drying, gonna grow in it lol it’s a Vivosun and is crappy compared to my covert 5x5). I’m gonna be running it with my hlg 100 rspec, 150 patriot, and the sq300, so that’s like 550 watts all 3 lights. When I get the patriot 150 I’m gonna run mad par tests and dial in my scrog height with all 3 lights on blast. 550 is overkill but I rather have the watts and not need em :D. My 5x5 tent is resting at the moment, I’m gonna start a new run in it as soon as I flip my 4x4 to flower in like a month. Got my super lemon haze, Franco’s’ lemon cheese and Cloudwalker seeds in today. Next run will “probably” be super lemon haze and something else. I’m with you on constantly thinking about next grow and stuff, this is one fun/addictive hobby! And yeah dude the uva supplementation is pretty interesting, I’ve been reading that it increases thc, CBD and resin. Only thing is it’s mad cancer producing so I don’t wanna accidentally stare into it one day and my eyes will like fall out of my head or something haha. Seriously though, I will probably rock a uva supplement at some point, they aren’t that expensive.

And yeah dude my current seedlings just went into 1 gallon Flora flex plastic pots, they got their irrigation all hooked up and reservoir filled up. They should be good for a while till next res change. I will just leave em in the 1 gallons, I did that last time and they seemed to like it so I’ma just do it again lol. I also hear for high frequency fertigation 1 gallon is ideal cuz you get to water a fk ton. I am going to experiment with ppm’s though, I feel like the more fertigation’s I give, the lower the ppm’s should be cuz the dry back is so fast I don’t want any nute buildups happening. Let’s see how it goes. We got this buddy! Next step is Harvest-town!
yooo big dawg sorry for the sloppy and slow reply. Hope you havin a good weekend and happy Sunday to ya. Yeah I can see how the perp grow is going to have me overwhelmed but it is the only way to not have to wait a whole cycle. Funny I get all baked and hyped, plan everything and buy it all, then realize wait shit who is gonna make all this shit work 😆 oh shit that is on me and going to push me to the limit whoops. As for consuming yeah I am with you and dubbies are top of the list but a bowl isn't far behind. Love edibles but they always have cost too much to really enjoy. I look forward to making edibles with the Blueberry and not just like muffins but more gummies and also I'd like to use someones bubble hash maker and put that in capsules. In my head it could be a really good way to dose for some real solid sleep.
You are totally set for lights which is the bomb. You have light to spare and the girls are going to appreciate it. Your cultivar choices are sick af but it is the Lemon Cheese I am most stoked for you about. Something about it being named after 1 of the late founders of the Strain Hunters says a lot. Hah great point about the UV light. Never even thought of the negative side. After last grow and how much better I think I could do, I kinda think I am going to stick with the 2 blackbirds till their wheels fall off.
Awesome to hear your girls are on the move in the Flora Flexs already. Amazing how fast and healthy they seem to grow in hydro like you do. Gonna be a mega jealous grow one again with me hand watering at times 3 x 5gs and 3 x 7gs but I gotta keep my eye on the candy or bust. Can't wait to see pics from your new grow. You planning to keep this thread and add or start a new? For a while I will likely just be updating mine a tad on Sundays. Not much action in the seedling stage but can tell once I transplant and they get their footing, ooooOweee

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sunday update

GRCxBBC (named Buttercup) is now 29 days from planting and the other 3 cultivars are 12 days old. Transplanted Buttercup on Thursday and she seems to be figthin through it. May have gotten some nutes on bottom leaves and they didn't like it. May just cut them off since they touching soil a bit.
See some roots sprinting for the bottoms of cups with the 3 in solos. May water them a bit manana.

20220710 211122
20220710 211102
Neueregel

Neueregel

Sunday update

GRCxBBC (named Buttercup) is now 29 days from planting and the other 3 cultivars are 12 days old. Transplanted Buttercup on Thursday and she seems to be figthin through it. May have gotten some nutes on bottom leaves and they didn't like it. May just cut them off since they touching soil a bit.
See some roots sprinting for the bottoms of cups with the 3 in solos. May water them a bit manana.
looks good so far. yeah that's what happened to me i got nutes on the leaves.

Neueregel

Neueregel

Sunday update

Hey man. how do you like that 3 way meter? do you find it to be accurate? thanks

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey man. how do you like that 3 way meter? do you find it to be accurate? thanks
Yo bro. This is 1st time using as I went whole 1st grow with it still in the packaging. It says it is a light, ph, and moisture meter but for $20ish I think it is worth it to visually see something that is reading the moisture near roots. Seems accurate so far. Crazy how much soil holds water vs coco/perl. It is basically still drenched from 8 days ago except for top inch or 2

Sunasun

Sunasun

Zombierider

Zombierider

yooo big dawg sorry for the sloppy and slow reply. Hope you havin a good weekend and happy Sunday to ya. Yeah I can see how the perp grow is going to have me overwhelmed but it is the only way to not have to wait a whole cycle. Funny I get all baked and hyped, plan everything and buy it all, then realize wait shit who is gonna make all this shit work 😆 oh shit that is on me and going to push me to the limit whoops. As for consuming yeah I am with you and dubbies are top of the list but a bowl isn't far behind. Love edibles but they always have cost too much to really enjoy. I look forward to making edibles with the Blueberry and not just like muffins but more gummies and also I'd like to use someones bubble hash maker and put that in capsules. In my head it could be a really good way to dose for some real solid sleep.
You are totally set for lights which is the bomb. You have light to spare and the girls are going to appreciate it. Your cultivar choices are sick af but it is the Lemon Cheese I am most stoked for you about. Something about it being named after 1 of the late founders of the Strain Hunters says a lot. Hah great point about the UV light. Never even thought of the negative side. After last grow and how much better I think I could do, I kinda think I am going to stick with the 2 blackbirds till their wheels fall off.
Awesome to hear your girls are on the move in the Flora Flexs already. Amazing how fast and healthy they seem to grow in hydro like you do. Gonna be a mega jealous grow one again with me hand watering at times 3 x 5gs and 3 x 7gs but I gotta keep my eye on the candy or bust. Can't wait to see pics from your new grow. You planning to keep this thread and add or start a new? For a while I will likely just be updating mine a tad on Sundays. Not much action in the seedling stage but can tell once I transplant and they get their footing, ooooOweee
How’s it going growmie? I’m liking your mindset on this grow, life is too short to half ass stuff, just go big or go home imo. Eventually your gonna home your skills so it’s gonna be on autopilot anyway basically. And yeah bro I had to take a break on the edibles, I was putting a big chunk of coconut oil in my oatmeal in the morning and I felt like sleeping by 9am haha. So nah, chain smoking joints is my modus operandi. I bet that blueberry strain is gonna give you some butter that will leave you comatose, word!!

And I’m looking forward to seeing how your organic weed is gonna taste compared to your synthetic, something tells me it’s gonna be better! And yeah bro be careful with the uv light, shit is no joke! Just make sure to turn it off before you go in there.

And thanks man I am pumped about that lemon cheese too, Franco’s story is really sad. I actually met him outside of the greenhouse coffee shop when I was in Amsterdam in like 2010. He was a super nice guy, loved motorcycles like me and we chatted for a good while about how he has to be careful transporting his weed around and shit. Hits hard when you met someone and they pass, just makes me wanna grow the fuck out of this lemon cheese in honor of Franco. ☮️ 🌿 💨

And yeah man I went a bit crazy on the lighting, I turned on all three and gotdamn 3 lights is giving me incredible light spread, much more even than my 630 covert pro light. Can’t wait to flower this tent bro, I’m dreaming about it haha. I still haven’t started my journal, been hitting it hard at work lately in this fricken humidity, my ass is too fried to do much of anything after lol. I will start it soon though, just topped my girls so the 4-way scrog LST process begins today. Gonna run a lower scrog this time, defoliate better, and flower earlier. 🪴 💨

Zombierider

Zombierider

Sunday update

Bro is that a sloth on your solo cup? Lmfao I gotta get me some tent minions….
And I would trim off those bottom leaves touching the soil, leaves touching the ground is a vector for transporting pathogens and shit. Gotta keep your girls bottom clean or she might catch something ;)

Neueregel

Neueregel

I got my scrog net, but the poles were an inch too short. looks like another week before i get the new poles.

Top Bottom