Start of a new grow journal (mainlining)

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Yeah that one is I just topped that one, but before I top the others I want to double check I've topped at the 3rd node ?
I usually go buy height. Each node is on set if opposing growth points. I wouldn't cut it further.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
your 1st clone taken is more or less correct since the picture isn't the best taken. also, i agree with ponkey by not doing any more topping for now. Let it grow again.

By topping it, you've taken a clone for reproduction and the main plant now has the ability to get more light at the bottom leaves. Always make sure your cuts are at angle. shave a bit of the skin off and plant it in dirt. When i was cloning in soil I would use a small cup and put some holes in it and then have the clone in. Grow box with a dome can help keeping those temps and humidity up for clones.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

your 1st clone taken is more or less correct since the picture isn't the best taken. also, i agree with ponkey by not doing any more topping for now. Let it grow again.

By topping it, you've taken a clone for reproduction and the main plant now has the ability to get more light at the bottom leaves. Always make sure your cuts are at angle. shave a bit of the skin off and plant it in dirt. When i was cloning in soil I would use a small cup and put some holes in it and then have the clone in. Grow box with a dome can help keeping those temps and humidity up for clones.
I'm not planning on touching them now for a few days ,.I'm gonna leave them for a few days and then I'm gonna go in clean up all the bottoms and start tying down some branches so the canopy grows even, I might top one more time depending on how this one goes, then I'm gonna get some nets for when I flick to flower, does that sound about right to you guys ? Sorry again but it's only my second grow and last time I only did 4 so I've doubled in size and it's just a bit daunting at the minute lol, but I do really appreciate the advice

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Is that classed as 1 node or 2 ?

20211208 005808
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I usually go buy height. Each node is on set if opposing growth points. I wouldn't cut it further.
So is that just classed as one node ? That's what I'm trying to establish 🤷‍♂️ soz for been thick but it's only simple if you know lol

20211208 005808
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm not planning on touching them now for a few days ,.I'm gonna leave them for a few days and then I'm gonna go in clean up all the bottoms and start tying down some branches so the canopy grows even, I might top one more time depending on how this one goes, then I'm gonna get some nets for when I flick to flower, does that sound about right to you guys ? Sorry again but it's only my second grow and last time I only did 4 so I've doubled in size and it's just a bit daunting at the minute lol, but I do really appreciate the advice
Ya, LST is a good way to open her up while she grows. for your clone, its good to get your hands on some Mycoryze or Myco. When transplanting sprinkle the hole that the clone is going in and sprinkle all over the soil and roots of the clone before dropping it in. That stuff enhances root grow

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Ya, LST is a good way to open her up while she grows. for your clone, its good to get your hands on some Mycoryze or Myco. When transplanting sprinkle the hole that the clone is going in and sprinkle all over the soil and roots of the clone before dropping it in. That stuff enhances root grow
Thanks man 👍

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Few more from my first attempt of lst (scrapped mainlining)

20211210 004914
20211210 004842
20211210 004848
20211210 004914
PK1

PK1

Supporter
nice, if you have any new growth under neat make sure to push them above the big fan leaves. the reason for LST is to bring light to the bottom leaves so they can grow for a even canopy

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

nice, if you have any new growth under neat make sure to push them above the big fan leaves. the reason for LST is to bring light to the bottom leaves so they can grow for a even canopy
Thankyou pal 👍

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

2 weeks in today 😊 looking nice and healthy, a nice green colour (not that you can tell from the pic)

20211211 125226
20211211 125237
20211211 125245
Top Bottom