Started the Blue Microverse auto

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I did notice low to mid 40s rh and it smells of roses and around 55% it smells of berries.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did notice low to mid 40s rh and it smells of roses and around 55% it smells of berries.
So little tip here. If you want to maximize terps dont run RH below 55% and 55-60% is where i like to be. But you must be on point with airflow and not reach dew point after lights out so temp control is important. You have to make sure there is decent airflow to keep the humidity right at the microclimates around the bud from getting to high. The last 10days drop temp to about 70f.

Then you tell me if it doesn’t make your terps reek.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

So little tip here. If you want to maximize terps dont run RH below 55% and 55-60% is where i like to be. But you must be on point with airflow and not reach dew point after lights out so temp control is important. You have to make sure there is decent airflow to keep the humidity right at the microclimates around the bud from getting to high. The last 10days drop temp to about 70f.

Then you tell me if it doesn’t make your terps reek.
Wouldn't the strain have more to do with that? Honest question. I thought indica dominant plants got very low humidity during flower and sativa only a little higher. I honestly don't know. How I was taught was to mildly stress the plant during late flower. This will up terps is the logic. Things like letting your water get ice cold in the fridge and 10 days before chopping just let the plants sit without any water

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I try but sometimes wake up to surprises. Thanks I wasn't sure on 60 I knew 55 was ok but not 60.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I just bought my first humidifier. I use it for seedlings because my humidity is in range naturally in the other grow room for the older plants

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Wouldn't the strain have more to do with that? Honest question. I thought indica dominant plants got very low humidity during flower and sativa only a little higher. I honestly don't know. How I was taught was to mildly stress the plant during late flower. This will up terps is the logic. Things like letting your water get ice cold in the fridge and 10 days before chopping just let the plants sit without any water
Good questions. On the fridge water my bucket isn't that cold but yeah I heard same thing shocking the roots with cold. I do pour slowly but I'm sure the roots on the side I water get a shock, that is ice cold. I pour a little every two hours till lights out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well terps are very prone to heat damage I believe some start to around 70f. So yea plant temp is key. Your right indica like a slightly lower RH but with that said the reason for ppl saying they need lower RH is because the bud size is usually much bigger and releases more moisture which can lead to bud rot. Thats why airflow is soooo important. Its not the room humidity in this sense we worry about but rather the humidity right at the bud… the microclimates right at the buds surface is the key so good airflow will help ensure no issues. Some growers end as high as 70-80% humidity.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good questions. On the fridge water my bucket isn't that cold but yeah I heard same thing shocking the roots with cold. I do pour slowly but I'm sure the roots on the side I water get a shock, that is ice cold.
This is only my opinion but the ice thing is to lower plant temps and also shock. I cant say if either work because i have not done that. But i can tell you keep plant temps under 70f not only aid in the production and retention of anthocyanins but also terps

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Well terps are very prone to heat damage I believe some start to around 70f. So yea plant temp is key. Your right indica like a slightly lower RH but with that said the reason for ppl saying they need lower RH is because the bud size is usually much bigger and releases more moisture which can lead to bud rot. Thats why airflow is soooo important. Its not the room humidity in this sense we worry about but rather the humidity right at the bud… the microclimates right at the buds surface is the key so good airflow will help ensure no issues. Some growers end as high as 70-80% humidity.
Temp!!! I just woke up and thought you meant RH. Damn , never mind. I'm embarrassing myself lol

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Lucky me because that's right around where it's at thermometer was slowing down around 71.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Yes temp damage is real. I live in the armpit of the USA. The South East. It's hot as balls here. I keep room temp around 82-85 with an air-conditioner running with a nice tall fan infront of the ac blowing across the plants and my exhaust fan in my tent is set to full speed beside the ac as well. Now that winter is here my room will cool off some but not a lot because I'm running 4 500 watt lights. True 500, not equals to. 3 x3-500 from growcraft with a 9x5 coverage and a California lightworks 500 4x4 in my 3x3 tent. That's a lot of btu's

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

RH also… its a combination or the 2
I got lower humidity eats more from roots and higher from leaves more.
Lucky me because that's right around where it's at thermometer was slowing down around 71.
I have a system on how I do the refrigerated water that keeps the bucket from getting to cold. Mix it with my 74f cold tap water if it needs diluted before feeding. If the pH needs adjusted mix a little with the bucket water before feeding and feed it at least once a day some fresh 74f cold (nute) tap water before refrigerating the rest of let the water sit out for the day.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

RH also… its a
Isn't the combination of the two called VPD? The right temp and right humidity equals plants optimal performance. I stay in the stressed zone to the edge of stressed with heat and humidity. Download tent buddy ap. It's got a vpd chart. Lumen and par testing. Just choose the right lighting source before checking par. It's pretty accurate but you have to be literally touch the plant tops to get an accurate read

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I got lower humidity eats more from roots and higher from leaves more.

I have a system on how I do the refrigerated water that keeps the bucket from getting to cold. Mix it with my 74f cold tap water if it needs diluted before feeding. If the pH needs adjusted mix a little with the bucket water before feeding and feed it at least once a day some fresh 74f cold (nute) tap water before refrigerating the rest of let the water sit out for the day.
My watering source is natural and the ppm. Changes depending on the season. Never higher than 22 ppm or lower than 2ppm. My ph will swing from too low to perfect depending on rainfall totals and how much seeps into the well from ground water

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Isn't the combination of the two called VPD? The right temp and right humidity equals plants optimal performance. I stay in the stressed zone to the edge of stressed with heat and humidity. Download tent buddy ap. It's got a vpd chart. Lumen and par testing. Just choose the right lighting source before checking par. It's pretty accurate but you have to be literally touch the plant tops to get an accurate read
Yes…. But to accurately calculate you MUST take leaf temps into account

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

My watering source is natural and the ppm. Changes depending on the season. Never higher than 22 ppm or lower than 2ppm. My ph will swing from too low to perfect depending on rainfall totals and how much seeps into the well from ground water
I have well water spring fed and it's always 10 and pH fluctuates. I'm using almost a tsp of UP to pH fresh nute water to 6.0/6.1.

I wasn't sure on the humidity at this stage and notice whenever it got low I got roses and when it stayed at 55 it smelled of berries. I didn't realize how big a roll humidity played on terps I thought humidity was for bud structure.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I have well water spring fed and it's always 10 and pH fluctuates. I'm using almost a tsp of UP to pH fresh nute water to 6.0/6.1.

I wasn't sure on the humidity at this stage and notice whenever it got low I got roses and when it stayed at 55 it smelled of berries. I didn't realize how big a roll humidity played on terps I thought humidity was for bud structure.
Are you a big night owl fan? I have about 15-20 packs of Night Owl. Especially their latest and greatest with colabs. I'm growing star spangled banner, Purple pope , popescicle, queens banner 3 right now. Purple pope is Mandalorian AKA Gnome Genetics Anvil strain x wizards apprentice. You might wanna try to find their latest releases. This Purple Pope is a huge plant already and is gonna yield big.

Latest posts

Top Bottom