Starting A Cultivation Business

• Thread starter Timrogers410
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
jeez been in warehouses that big, that is nuts. They are godly. Stuffed with weed? Crazy!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yeah now let's see if they can grow worth a shit at that level. I personally know people on large scale production level who lost money the first few years thinking Growing is so easy, Kinda what happened in parts of CO when things were getting started.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

I could see 600 a unit once the big boys run it. They will do it for awhile to kill the competition. Then jack it up. Repeat as necessary.
@Bulldog420

As said supplemental Lighting. I come from wharehouses background. The point was about Major corparations can you match their efficiency. How much does it Cost You to grow a pound? I told you my cost and even went up on electric cost to 14 cents..

Energy on a commercial level is even cheaper, so what are your cost to make a pound.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Everyone telling this guy that he can't do it or he's too late or it's impossible needs to back off. Some of the greatest industry pioneers in history became the best even after they started with nothing and created a better product than their competitors. I've started many businesses and everyone is so quick to tell you you'll fail. Ignore them.

T

Timrogers410

Dude no offense...the questions your asking are not ones for a person bout to start a buisness..and you can do the whole elbow per plant but it requires space...it aint as easy as turning on lights...i been doing this yrs n i get the lb per plant(depending on strain of course,veg,etc)but u cant walk n off streets n pull these numbers..n if u was pulling those numbers already you would already have the answers to the questions u askd....
Dude i have a person thst is giving me a loan of 25k-1 mill and what i plan on doing is renting a ware house get contractors to set up the equipment hire growers and i plan on growing sour diesel and og kush through hydroponics and your right i havent figured out the plan yet i just am looking at opinions and options but even if i cant get a big enough loan to do a warehouse op i can start small untill i get there but when i do start i plan to run the business through computer in md and have someone in charge of the growers at my grow spot while i find dispensarys to make contracts with and him send off the weight and transport it to them

fatawa

fatawa

How will you tranport across state lines?even if its legal in state u grow,then the one u sell to u will hav to cross state lines that arent legal...i commend u on your thoughts,and trust me we all wish we cud own an op.you will b diving n a big pool with many sharks..

fatawa

fatawa

Like said above most times fees r well over 25k just to b alowd to grow.well b4 the building,equiptment,employees...it is possible what u say u just hav a long long up hill battle

P

PharmHand

Honestly, and I mean no offense by this, I think your money would be better invested in something you know more about. Not sure why so many people think growing successfully on a large scale is so easy as if the only thing holding you back is startup cash. Its not the sort of business that you can just kick back and run from 1000s of miles away. Being so disconnected means you'll have to hire people to do everything for you and in an industry where profit margins are shrinking at ridiculous rate daily means there likely won't be much left over for you after expenses. Solid employees that actually care are extremely hard to come by and will need to be paid very well. Even if you did find the right guys to run it for you it wouldn't be long before they realized they don't actually need you. I'll tell you from experience employees will respect you and work much harder for you if you're in the trenches grinding it out alongside them. There are literally thousands of guys on this site alone with likely far more experience wanting to do exactly what you're trying to do. Not trying to discourage you in any way but in my honest opinion start small from the bottom learn firsthand exactly what it is to grow high quality weed and in the end you will be far more successful AND respected. Happy growing:)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly, and I mean no offense by this, I think your money would be better invested in something you know more about. Not sure why so many people think growing successfully on a large scale is so easy as if the only thing holding you back is startup cash. Its not the sort of business that you can just kick back and run from 1000s of miles away. Being so disconnected means you'll have to hire people to do everything for you and in an industry where profit margins are shrinking at ridiculous rate daily means there likely won't be much left over for you after expenses. Solid employees that actually care are extremely hard to come by and will need to be paid very well. Even if you did find the right guys to run it for you it wouldn't be long before they realized they don't actually need you. I'll tell you from experience employees will respect you and work much harder for you if you're in the trenches grinding it out alongside them. There are literally thousands of guys on this site alone with likely far more experience wanting to do exactly what you're trying to do. Not trying to discourage you in any way but in my honest opinion start small from the bottom learn firsthand exactly what it is to grow high quality weed and in the end you will be far more successful AND respected. Happy growing:)
LOL well said and to boot I havent seen many successful businesses that started without a solid business plan and lots o up front cash. Then as you mention the logistics of managing the operation from that distance and finding peeps you trust that have integrity will be a huge hurdle. You stumble in this end of the biz world and you get rolled over with the quickness.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

So guys i was looking forward to start a cultivation business i was hoping to start a 100 plant 100 pound opperation but was wondering how much it would cost to start and how much dispensaries would pay for a pound and is it legal to run my business from maryland when my business is located in california
Thank you
Is that you B-rad? If not sorry,
I taught this guy B-rad, to grow 5 plants and how to have an efficient micro grow. Fast forward to harvest (he doesn't smoke, purely cash cropping) he says $$$ signs, asks me how much it would cost to set up a 150 plant outdoor this year.
I LAUGH, but he is serious. I tell him the truth, that I can't even successfully do 150 plant outdoor grow let alone a scrub such as him self.
We don't talk anymore (4 months now) and he is still going on with this big grow (asked a close grower friend where, if he could, get him 150 clones, "no thanks cash cropper," my friend said) and is more cocky and egotistical than some of the most hard headed growers.
Look for the moral of this story, because I have tried to spell it out to others and they still don't understand the problem with this sort of cash cropping, no idea for quality, harsh chemicals foliar spraying during flower, smoked once and don't "care for it", that bullshit.
I'm for passionate growers that understand the need for medicine and not trying to flood an already flooded market with shit outdoor garbage.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Is that you B-rad? If not sorry,
I taught this guy B-rad, to grow 5 plants and how to have an efficient micro grow. Fast forward to harvest (he doesn't smoke, purely cash cropping) he says $$$ signs, asks me how much it would cost to set up a 150 plant outdoor this year.
I LAUGH, but he is serious. I tell him the truth, that I can't even successfully do 150 plant outdoor grow let alone a scrub such as him self.
We don't talk anymore (4 months now) and he is still going on with this big grow (asked a close grower friend where, if he could, get him 150 clones, "no thanks cash cropper," my friend said) and is more cocky and egotistical than some of the most hard headed growers.
Look for the moral of this story, because I have tried to spell it out to others and they still don't understand the problem with this sort of cash cropping, no idea for quality, harsh chemicals foliar spraying during flower, smoked once and don't "care for it", that bullshit.
I'm for passionate growers that understand the need for medicine and not trying to flood an already flooded market with shit outdoor garbage.
To add, the dayz of cash cropping for the little man are fading like a sunset. Now with all the rec and medical rollouts the only thing left will be BM for a while longer. But sooner or later the growing will be handled by the deep pockets. And when that is established the boutique grower will struggle to make ends meet. Shit man we are already struggling. Look at it this way. What we are seeing happen is the way that big Corp America made all the mum and pop hardware stores go away. Home Depot or Lowes anyone..........

SpiderK

SpiderK

how u gonna control the bugs. 80% of EVERYONE in cali is spraying chem's per cbs undercover doc posted a few weeks back. but if you have been on the canna forums, deading plants bugs are a big issue and only gonna get worse because those chems are used so much, you now have super bugs.

& this is a very tough market in cali your entering. & with uncle thug passing laws so drone flights are the new norm across 50 states the black market with technology, rats, phones all being monitored ..... well the black market is not a great place either.

good luck. the pound price on black markets will also drag away buyers as they fight it out as price drops.

unique genetics would also be a must as gg4 on every corner ect ....

and running a large op yield per sq meter / cost is your very number one priority for planning budget

SpiderK

SpiderK

i told texas kid three years ago.

when the 25 million dollar kubo green houses go in, they will crush everyone. lights, co2, computer controlled enviro - temps, all on your phone app they supply. My buddies orchids move into 5 different climate zones during life process on rollers that move across 12 hectares in size.... they have a very large green house in cali already doing tomatoes. the best locations are az, cali, florida regarding green houses after he toured usa looking into food production. food comes from sprayers above in this set up, misters..... computer control mixing of nutes ....

bug control, led's, custom glass made for location, ect ...... when you see these guys pack up and go home.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
how u gonna control the bugs. 80% of EVERYONE in cali is spraying chem's per cbs undercover doc posted a few weeks back. but if you have been on the canna forums, deading plants bugs are a big issue and only gonna get worse because those chems are used so much, you now have super bugs.

& this is a very tough market in cali your entering. & with uncle thug passing laws so drone flights are the new norm across 50 states the black market with technology, rats, phones all being monitored ..... well the black market is not a great place either.

good luck. the pound price on black markets will also drag away buyers as they fight it out as price drops.

unique genetics would also be a must as gg4 on every corner ect ....

and running a large op yield per sq meter / cost is your very number one priority for planning budget
Hey @SpiderK man funny you mentioned the drone thing. I have over the last several weeks been peeping on a large military looking copter flying grids patterns over the hood. Damn thing has what appears to be a huge snorkel on the very front of it. At first I thought it might be Google but thinking about it they use cars and satellites for mapping. Then I google and found some images of the apparatus I see on this thing and it looks like thermal imaging camera's. Gave me the willies cause it took me back to the 70's 80's dodging copters and running guerrilla grows. All that said, why is anyone flying grid patterns with TI camera's over residential hoods??? Guess where my mind takes me to. :(

SpiderK

SpiderK

every single drone used in mideast are now over usa. same types of drones.

license plate readers, instagram, facebook, going over phone , email, ip address records....

they can build a case very quickly.

i keep saying it but the dumbest thing going is in state seed sales, great for me but these guys ( breeders / chuckers / banks ) all selling are fucking real stupid in 2017. every last one of them is a pin head, fool ......

the same way google puts adds on your search pages from areas you visit. all this digital shit we enter on everything builds an " dark web " of info many agency access.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom