Starting A New Beginning!

• Thread starter Ikush.708
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RR1

RR1

It’s

nice nice , more info the better ! So you recommend to change soils ? And one more question for both you guys , what size pot ? I was gonna get a 10 gallon smart pot and only have cal-mag supplement
You can grow a nice plant in a 5gal size, specially in a small tent. I think he said 20” width.
I use 10s for bigger plants, start em in my “baby base soil”, then put in a layered 10. Top third, baby soil, bottom two thirds my own soil mix aged 6 months. Usually don’t feed too much till late in veg.
RR1

RR1

RR1

You can grow a nice plant in a 5gal size, specially in a small tent. I think he said 20” width.
I use 10s for bigger plants, start em in my “baby base soil”, then put in a layered 10. Top third, baby soil, bottom two thirds my own soil mix aged 6 months. Usually don’t feed too much till late in veg.
RR1
That will be 5 cents.
RR1

quirk

quirk

Don’t thank me. I’m getting you going in the most consuming, frustrating, maddening, obsessive, wonderful lifestyle going.
Shoulda took up something easier, like golf.
RR1
oops!
Don’t thank me. I’m getting you going in the most consuming, frustrating, maddening, obsessive, wonderful lifestyle going.
Shoulda took up something easier, like golf.
RR1
OOPS!
DSCN0023 1

quirk

quirk

It’s

nice nice , more info the better ! So you recommend to change soils ? And one more question for both you guys , what size pot ? I was gonna get a 10 gallon smart pot and only have cal-mag supplement
Auto only grower here. I use the 5 gal Airpots w/ FF Light warrior and perlite, in top one third, and mix of FF Ocean Farm, LadyBug and perlite in bottom two thirds. I fill up an ice cream cone with the top mix for my seedlings and bury in my pot. I water seedlings with 6.5 PH'd ice cubes ( usually 2, they are 1oz.ea.) and don't apply nutes 'til they begin to flower.

DSCN0038
DSCN0043
DSCN0046
DSCN0059
DSCN0350
RR1

RR1

Auto only grower here. I use the 5 gal Airpots w/ FF Light warrior and perlite, in top one third, and mix of FF Ocean Farm, LadyBug and perlite in bottom two thirds. I fill up an ice cream cone with the top mix for my seedlings and bury in my pot. I water seedlings with 6.5 PH'd ice cubes ( usually 2, they are 1oz.ea.) and don't apply nutes 'til they begin to flower.
Like to try autos, thanks for the quick tutorial, do you have preference whos beans to get? Am in upper Midwest and like the idea for outside here.
RR1

quirk

quirk

Like to try autos, thanks for the quick tutorial, do you have preference whos beans to get? Am in upper Midwest and like the idea for outside here.
RR1
Only familiar with Mephisto and Ministry of Cannabis. Never a problem, free seeds and great strain info.

I

Ikush.708

Do you top ? Or do anything special to them ?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Never grown autos ; but most people say don't top autos just train/ lst them.

Monster762

Monster762

Do you top ? Or do anything special to them ?
Ok you can top an auto BUT you want least stress and stall as possible. I would tie around before physically damaging plant. You’ll see. There is no real room for mistakes with an auto. And 5 gallon is plenty. Most people run autos in 3 gal cause 5 is overkill.
Mykos. You want roots to grow quick with strong roots. Silica also later on.
Water lightly at first for sure. Overwater early will seriously stall a plant. Dry makes roots reach for moisture. Until roots are happy you won’t see anything positive above ground.

I

Ikush.708

Ok you can top an auto BUT you want least stress and stall as possible. I would tie around before physically damaging plant. You’ll see. There is no real room for mistakes with an auto. And 5 gallon is plenty. Most people run autos in 3 gal cause 5 is overkill.
Mykos. You want roots to grow quick with strong roots. Silica also later on.
Water lightly at first for sure. Overwater early will seriously stall a plant. Dry makes roots reach for moisture. Until roots are happy you won’t see anything positive above ground.
So top but not stress it out? And 3 gallon pots , so if I use 3 gallon pots is there room for another flower to plant ? I got advice with 3 plants on 5 gallon pots

Monster762

Monster762

So top but not stress it out? And 3 gallon pots , so if I use 3 gallon pots is there room for another flower to plant ? I got advice with 3 plants on 5 gallon pots
No. topping will stress bad. I was just saying you can top but it’s best not to because of the shock n stall. And pot size technically the bigger the better but an auto usually won’t fill a 5 gal with roots. Nothing against 5 gal. I used 5 gal fabric bags cause I got a lot of em n just wash n reuse. But I only filled 3/4 up and it was far from bound at chop.

I

Ikush.708

No. topping will stress bad. I was just saying you can top but it’s best not to because of the shock n stall. And pot size technically the bigger the better but an auto usually won’t fill a 5 gal with roots. Nothing against 5 gal. I used 5 gal fabric bags cause I got a lot of em n just wash n reuse. But I only filled 3/4 up and it was far from bound at chop.[/QUOT
No. topping will stress bad. I was just saying you can top but it’s best not to because of the shock n stall. And pot size technically the bigger the better but
No. topping will stress bad. I was just saying you can top but it’s best not to because of the shock n stall. And pot size technically the bigger the better but an auto usually won’t fill a 5 gal with roots. Nothing against 5 gal. I used 5 gal fabric bags cause I got a lot of em n just wash n reuse. But I only filled 3/4 up and it was far from bound at chop.
Ima go with a 3 gallon one , thanks if I don’t top does it grow differently? Or Yield is less or some ?

Monster762

Monster762

Topping just turns 1top to 2 which could increase yield but on a limited timeframe the rebound time might outweigh the benefit of extra top.

I

Ikush.708

Topping just turns 1top to 2 which could increase yield but on a limited timeframe the rebound time might outweigh the benefit of extra top.
Oh okay , how much bud do you end up growing after everything whent well ?

Top Bottom