Stay away from mars hydro

• Thread starter Buddernugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Easy to say when you have not found the cause of your problem.

MDK

MDK

Man that's some stroke of bad luck if you've checked all your electric on your end. I mean if other lights aren't doing it in the same space, you have something to stand on with your claim. I've definitely seen pics of the melted connection points in the light wiring with Mars bar style lights...all this and people building their own lights makes me wonder if some of these companies aren't just 1 or 2 people assembling kits basically, and not some big production like you'd think.....pretty sure mars sources their drivers so good possibility

To be fair I was just posting as friendly reminder to any Google searcher who isn't a member...I lurked this board quite a bit thanks to Google before signing up.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

The growers ask lots of questions before trying to research. I see this more now lately. Same issues and questions most are amazed by the many "light brite" kits available. The so called magic light.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

There are lemons in every product Chinese or not it just happens production is a bitch ! That being said I’ve ran a mars SP 250 for 16 + hours a day for almost 4 years now no issues
They have better components in the sp, I have a sp-3000 that’s years old now with zero issues.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Bold statement there bro I can think of at least 4 nicer lights for a 5x5 good luck and happy grows
I’m in the market for a light so if u have suggestions I’m not privy to I’m all ears

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

The issue has been found. It’s the light. Idk y your so combative off the pop
I posted a thread similar to this last year and got a couple people that did the same thing.
My father in law has had an fce4800 burn up at the connection and a tsl2000 where the stick connectors burned up on each end.

I had a tsl and tsw 2000 burn up on me as well.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

yea my mars hydro ts1000's and tsl2000 are 2 years old and they did this to me why in the world anyone would want them beats me
IMG 20230324 184931306
IMG 20230320 184541918

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Heres my take on Mars Hydro.

They have decent stuff, maybe. But the customer service is absolute trash đź—‘
Therefore, i will never shop with them again.
Their lights worked great until they didnt. Just watch them is all, any light from any company, anything can happen.
why do u think some of there lights are good and some just plain shitty

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

why do u think some of there lights are good and some just plain shitty
Well, 2 lights burned up on me, and 3 on my father in law, ive seen a few posts about it in here, ive read reviews saying the same thing happened to others.

And its really just the fact that when i had a 2 month old light burn up and the cord actually caught fire, Mars wouldnt replace it or even send me a new board and driver to replace the one that burned and melted. They have the worst customer service and thats why i wont buy their stuff, if they arent going to back the warranty they offer why spend money with them.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Well, 2 lights burned up on me, and 3 on my father in law, ive seen a few posts about it in here, ive read reviews saying the same thing happened to others.

And its really just the fact that when i had a 2 month old light burn up and the cord actually caught fire, Mars wouldnt replace it or even send me a new board and driver to replace the one that burned and melted. They have the worst customer service and thats why i wont buy their stuff, if they arent going to back the warranty they offer why spend money with them.
i do agree about the customer service although i have never used it i heard way to much about it being shitty but do u think it possiable they just run into maybe a bad batch of cables or connections

Top Bottom