Stay away from mars hydro

• Thread starter Buddernugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i do agree about the customer service although i have never used it i heard way to much about it being shitty but do u think it possiable they just run into maybe a bad batch of cables or connections
Its production, of course its possible.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

To each is own brother. I have several setups. I use the fc8000 and I use the sp series. My experimenting with them so far they have not had any problems. Can't complain. Minimum 3 harvest each too.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

i do agree about the customer service although i have never used it i heard way to much about it being shitty but do u think it possiable they just run into maybe a bad batch of cables or connections
I work for general motors and I can tell you supplier chain issues were a problem. And during that time suppliers couldn't get people to come to work and random people covered jobs they had no business doing. 🙄 we were hurting ourselves and then to get laid off because we were out of wiring harnesses. I can see how any company could easily have a quality spill they're not even acknowledging the issues with the public 😉

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Every grow light is a risk of fire.

More than likely your insurance is like mine, null for that type of operation.

It’s all part of what I call a hobby now.

I risk my detached hobby garage, how about you?

Tremojem

Tremojem

Here is my post from another thread, only minutes ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, my apologies for being late to the party. I post this without malice. Seriously, no hatred here, just safety for all.

Regarding the MH Lamp, I suggest the OP de-energize the fixture and inspect all connectors for faulty wiring practices. If applicable, simply disassemble each connector to inspect wires for proper mechanical connection that is secure and safe. Google assembly standards for wire connections, with regard to wire strip length, torque requirements etc. I don't expect anyone to have a torque meter, but the idea is to better understand what is acceptable.

After spending some time researching MH, I cannot say with confidence that the connectors used on your new lamp are the same as the connectors used on my TS3000, from 2021. So...this may all be a moot point.

I know MH made some changes to their lineup, and unfortunately image's of the cabling and connectors are not available. So I am unable to comment on your connectors.

In short, the hardware itself is not faulty. The QA/QC, Manufacturing Practices, and Test Protocols are at fault.

Every single, and I mean "specifically" every single mechanical connection inside each connector, on my MH TS3000 were LOOSE.

Apparently, they do not require a torque specification for a mechanical connection that experiences temperature changes on a daily basis over its lifecycle, while the intended usage requires height changes over a grow cycle, meaning...the cables will be moving over time as you adjust the height of the lamp to accommodate your grow. Safely securing the cables and keeping them clear of the drivers and chassis are safe practices otherwise know as cable management.

If my explanation requires more information then suffice to say, ignore my observations.

Having said that...in my personal experience MH would not have been my recommendation to you Sir.

My apologies if I have in any way offended anyone, as this was not my intention.

I still use my MH TS3000, as I was lucky to catch the problem before it started a fire. I have enough confidence in my ability to address the issues and am in the process of replacing it now.

Additionally, MH customer service was as faulty as the lamp.

I sent a video and pictures of my findings, including the observation that all connections were loose. They responded with this..."Our engineers have concluded you have a faulty"T" connector."

The connector they sent is sitting on my shelf. I already addressed the problem myself.

Jeez, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me for sharing this...hey, just Google, "Mars Hydro and cable fires etc.

Best to you.

-‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Would like to hear recommendations on a 5x5 light if anyone has experience. Tossing this fc after this harvest

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Hmm my FC-E8000 has been in constant use for around a year barely gets warm 🤔
I hope it stays that way. Gods speed sir.
Thank you for the recommendation.
Seems I’ve dipped out on the light game and have more work to do.
Last year or so their was only 5ish lights that could hit 1000ppfd in center and 650-700 on corners.
I’m looking very intensely at the raging Kush two. 9” hang height and banggin ppfd threw out the whole map….
Seemed like a fohse k ock off at first until I say their lenses….very cutting edge on their part.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Hmm my FC-E8000 has been in constant use for around a year barely gets warm 🤔
Mine was like that for 2 harvest. Then the “smell” hit. Seems like out of the blue her driver was getting HOT even though it’s been out side of tent secured to oak ply wood with half inch gap between back of driver and oak, and fan blowing on it directly even when off.
Again, I hope she keeps on trucking along for you.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Here is my post from another thread, only minutes ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, my apologies for being late to the party. I post this without malice. Seriously, no hatred here, just safety for all.

Regarding the MH Lamp, I suggest the OP de-energize the fixture and inspect all connectors for faulty wiring practices. If applicable, simply disassemble each connector to inspect wires for proper mechanical connection that is secure and safe. Google assembly standards for wire connections, with regard to wire strip length, torque requirements etc. I don't expect anyone to have a torque meter, but the idea is to better understand what is acceptable.

After spending some time researching MH, I cannot say with confidence that the connectors used on your new lamp are the same as the connectors used on my TS3000, from 2021. So...this may all be a moot point.

I know MH made some changes to their lineup, and unfortunately image's of the cabling and connectors are not available. So I am unable to comment on your connectors.

In short, the hardware itself is not faulty. The QA/QC, Manufacturing Practices, and Test Protocols are at fault.

Every single, and I mean "specifically" every single mechanical connection inside each connector, on my MH TS3000 were LOOSE.

Apparently, they do not require a torque specification for a mechanical connection that experiences temperature changes on a daily basis over its lifecycle, while the intended usage requires height changes over a grow cycle, meaning...the cables will be moving over time as you adjust the height of the lamp to accommodate your grow. Safely securing the cables and keeping them clear of the drivers and chassis are safe practices otherwise know as cable management.

If my explanation requires more information then suffice to say, ignore my observations.

Having said that...in my personal experience MH would not have been my recommendation to you Sir.

My apologies if I have in any way offended anyone, as this was not my intention.

I still use my MH TS3000, as I was lucky to catch the problem before it started a fire. I have enough confidence in my ability to address the issues and am in the process of replacing it now.

Additionally, MH customer service was as faulty as the lamp.

I sent a video and pictures of my findings, including the observation that all connections were loose. They responded with this..."Our engineers have concluded you have a faulty"T" connector."

The connector they sent is sitting on my shelf. I already addressed the problem myself.

Jeez, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me for sharing this...hey, just Google, "Mars Hydro and cable fires etc.

Best to you.

-‐----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes and this can happen with any product not even having to with growing.

B

BatmanPetersenc

Mars Hydro TSL2000 fried connector. Won't run again.

PXL 20230527 224932638

PXL 20230527 225340017

Without getting into any of the BS re: MH lights, i simply add my data point.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
My gramps said “ you only cry once if ya buy quality “
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the pain of high price is forgotten.” ~Pickle Rick

Latest posts

Top Bottom