Stealing Pics!!!

• Thread starter Greyskull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

Aloha everyone.

GetMo brought this to attention over yonder... thought it was worth sharing here.

Some slick hombre is using images without permission nor creditting picture sources. what a douchebag....

http://trichomes.org/

GetMo (DCxSC), myself (SDxSB), subrob (grape ape).... we just got used.

:mad0233:

edit: and big mahalo to zoo for the heads up!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
in the footer of the website it shows they are owned by [email protected] +1.206.350.4738

Give the fuckers a call or an email and give them shit :)

H

herby

Is there a way to put some sort of sig in your photo? I see subcool adds shit to his photos all the time and its pretty cool. Like a watermark or something

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Is there a way to put some sort of sig in your photo? I see subcool adds shit to his photos all the time and its pretty cool. Like a watermark or something

We already do that here, but a watermark can be removed easy with photoshop

A

astartes

Good catch GETMO and GS! I was looking through the pics and I def. recognize whose Apollo Mist pics are on the site as well. I can guarantee that the gent that grew them didn't give permission either... I'd guess they got taken from the other site.

astartes

B

British_Hempire

There is a photoshop plugin for putting watermarks in images, I forget the name of it now, but it does work.

K

koopa troopa

i think it would be a good idea for get mo to correct the lineage of that dankness. otherwise misinfo will spread because there is no resemblance of strawberry cough in that pic. isn't it DC x norcal afgooey or something? stealing pics = broken kneecaps.

H

herby

There is a photoshop plugin for putting watermarks in images, I forget the name of it now, but it does work.

Thanks BH, I know it was discussed before but at the time I wasnt doing photos. Will do a search and see what I can find

L

l33t

hi all

logic,

there are many different software that can add an invisible watermark to pics.

google hiding files/text inside pic/image files or search for invisible watermarks and you ll find may programs n different methods

you could use one of them to ensure that the watermark will not be removed

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I think if your gonna save pix from sites for you that's ok but not to spam all over other sites without permission .

L

l33t

Time,

I do that too mate

..thing is if you make a site and use others people hard work then what you must do is give credit to the photographer/grower or at least source the pics. If weed was legal I d sue the rat if he used mine without permission or didn't give any credit. Some people take their work seriously and some chose to profit from it , stealing all this hard work is not tolerated just like with any other business.

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

I collect pics from the www all of the time...

And I dont think anything is wrong with that...

The problem is that this website is blatantly using peoples images without their permission and without crediting the original photographers.

I dont see anything wrong with saving some awesome images from time to time, but to put them up on your own website without asking or giving credit to the photographers is just disrespectful.

I say give the fuckers a call and give em a piece of your mind, just like Logic said.

Sorry to hear this site is ripping you guys off.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I feel that my pix should only be used where I post them because it's my hard work and time going into the grows and moving the plants out to take the pix . This guy has a site with everyones hard work , maybe he should do some of his own . I'll bet he tries to get stoner chicks with his killer skills lol:fighting0087:

O

Outlaw Grower

Breeder
Supporter
collecting them is one thing but reposting them can get people sued. soon as someone takes a pic its protected. if the photographer goes one step farther and sends the images in to be copyrighted and someone reposts them the photographer can sue and be awarded damages and pretty much set a price for the use. doesnt matter that its cannabis.

for more info check out http://www.copyright.gov/

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Doobieduck I think copyrights his pix .

E

edelephant

watermarking pics is also a gooD way to keep losers that cant take a decent pic from usiNg your pic in their catalogs, powerpoint slides, online forums in every post they make, one company in pArticular stands out :sign0065:

better luck next time hacks. :fighting0087:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Ha ha ha ed!!!

Is that a subtle DNA Gen add, lol.

Top Bottom