Step up now, or stfu later...

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Game on.

Farmers have a chance to become independent, but licensed, growers who will be able to sell their products to Colorado's new retail cannabis system. However, in order for this to happen we need to get some of you down at the Capital these next weeks. Simply put, you, one of the "stakeholders" in this system need to meet the Legislators face to face so they can hear your concerns and issues.

Here is what we will do. We will train you before going to the capital. The train will cover how to effectively lobby for your cause, what the issues are, who to lobby, etc...

However, not just anyone is going to work for this. In order to be considered, I need you to send me PM stating your interest, AND at least 3 references from other people on this board OR just 1 reference from the mods, or super posters on this board like TG, or TK.

Here is your chance to get heard and listened too. If you don't take it - stfu later.

sky high

sky high

LOL, baba.

No matter how this goes I see it being a boon for the small time growers. Between wholesale costs, operating costs, and taxes, these shops will NOT be able to compete with the open market.....a market that is >not< going to go away and a market that will still supply a large amount of the cannabis being consumed in and out-of-state.

And there's still the Federal stance to deal with no matter what tax scheme/etc. these lawyers and state employees come up with.

gonna be real interesting to see where it all shakes out.

M

mr duder

When you say these shops will not be able to compete in an "open market" are you referring to the small time growers or the big guys?

sky high

sky high

When you say these shops will not be able to compete in an "open market" are you referring to the small time growers or the big guys?

Small time, mr. duder.

With a 30-50% tax....anyone selling to these retail outlets will take a huge hit...and prices will be EASY to beat on the street with a 30-50% margin to play in. If bags on the street are $200 and bags in the shops are $400....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where folks are gonna go to procure their ganja

M

mr duder

If you don't mind me asking(and I'm not trying to be abrasive or inflammatory) what's your idea of a big guy as opposed to a small guy? In a for profit model do you really see units going for under 2k for quality?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Scare tactics, from the inside... Ignorance, truly is bliss. I see so many ignorant people in the world. It is a sad state of affairs. When you stand to fight and are seemingly alone, even the people that should be standing beside you, respond out of fear. Fear that turns into humor. Humor that stems from insecurities. It is a vicious cycle. No one cares to break that cycle, though. I, for one, plan on shaving my beard and buying a suit. Scare tactics, from the inside... Good luck, in everyone's efforts. Whatever brings you true happiness. Not just puts that fake fucking grin on your lips.

I should also add; I do not care to ever see cannabis legal for big business. I do not care for big business, in the first place. I care for all of the lies that we have built this "beloved" country on to crumble simultaneously. Cannabis has just always been my first and foremost. I just want to be able to live life how I choose to, as long as it does not effect my fellow being negatively. As I wish everyone and anyone "could" choose to live. Without anyone and everyone telling them they are dead wrong, just because it is not how they view the world. I have always cared to fight for the underdog. Not to stand beside a bunch of bullies on the playground. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

sky high

sky high

Licensed, regulated and taxed with overhead = big guy vs. >same as it ever was< home growers = little guy.

And since the purchases in the stores may be limited to 1/8-1/4 oz...$400 bags are probably on the low end of what will be charged per z. Either way, by simply figuring in the cost of doing business...(CODB)....the little guy is always gonna have the upper hand on pricing.

64 WILL open the door for corporations to slam the little guys to the mat if the retail model is allowed to stand. Like MMJ that started as individual shops but got bought up by other shops till a small group of folks are now running the show.....this will be no different, IMO.

the little guys bes' ramp up and take control.... cus if there's retail business to be had...the corporations will >certainly< end up with it in the end and anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't been paying attention.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

I am, and have always been for the little guy.

I do this as a volunteer lobbyist, however, I have top tier folks helping.

Seriously folks, here is your chance to make some change. We have the tools and power, but having and getting your voices out now is extremely important. So, please step up and get involved. I promise it will not hurt.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am, and have always been for the little guy.

I do this as a volunteer lobbyist, however, I have top tier folks helping.

Seriously folks, here is your chance to make some change. We have the tools and power, but having and getting your voices out now is extremely important. So, please step up and get involved. I promise it will not hurt.

I'm in. PM me.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you don't mind me asking(and I'm not trying to be abrasive or inflammatory) what's your idea of a big guy as opposed to a small guy? In a for profit model do you really see units going for under 2k for quality?

YES, in a for profit model, pounds will definitely drop below $2k wholesale. Sooner or later, that's the only question left.

M

mr duder

YES, in a for profit model, pounds will definitely drop below $2k wholesale. Sooner or later, that's the only question left.
What ticket do you believe indoor will go for? Obviously until we know the federal response its only a guessing game but with how the model is now what's your predictions? Also with pot being illegal everywhere else clearly it's going to pour out of Colorado. So what's your predictions?

ttystikk

ttystikk

What ticket do you believe indoor will go for? Obviously until we know the federal response its only a guessing game but with how the model is now what's your predictions? Also with pot being illegal everywhere else clearly it's going to pour out of Colorado. So what's your predictions?

The Federal Schedule issue is the main thing propping up the price right now. When that changes, prices will also fall. Weed is already going east from Colorado by the ton, the Fed thing is what determines the price.

There is going to be another real problem coming in the marketplace, however; people will hear the low commodity prices, then insist they pay that same price for top quality chronic... and us farmers are gonna tell them to fuck off. How this plays out is actually up to US: if we as a group start offering our products along a continuum of prices based on quality, we can break through their "commodity pricing" assumptive model, and create value for our higher quality goods.

As Farmers, we can do this, and it is in our best interest individually and collectively to do so.

M

mr duder

And with a percentage tax being placed on the product do you not believe that they will try to limit the amount grown so it helps to keep the prices high? Like in Washington they want to keep the per gram price high so they can get the max tax money. While everyone on these threads have very valid points I haven't heard anyone really talk prices. Also if the Feds don't victimize some brave souls for being the first to step up I still don't think the local politicians will allow real big buisness to get involved IE Philip Morris or people like that.

ttystikk

ttystikk

And with a percentage tax being placed on the product do you not believe that they will try to limit the amount grown so it helps to keep the prices high? Like in Washington they want to keep the per gram price high so they can get the max tax money. While everyone on these threads have very valid points I haven't heard anyone really talk prices. Also if the Feds don't victimize some brave souls for being the first to step up I still don't think the local politicians will allow real big buisness to get involved IE Philip Morris or people like that.

I disagree with this assessment, as assuming the wrong motives. You see, there are still a lot of people in the Federal Government who really, sincerely believe that pot is evil, AND that they, as Federal Government officials, have the duty AND the right granted under statute to enforce the dig prohibition. AND, as of this writing, they still do.

Until and unless that attitude, along with the statute, makes a big 180 degree U-turn, I don't see a rescheduling anytime soon.

M

mendel

I say give the people what they want......

I know some grain farmers who just lost their wheat crop to spring frost, 160 acre irrigated circles. pot seeds are about the same size as milo seeds, could be planted at 2 lb per acre w a john deere air (maximerge) seeder. They could douse them with chemicals, maybe monsanto has a roundup ready cannabis? bale that shit up.

A round bale of milo hay is 1600 lb and costs $80. Dont think the fellas would mind letting bales of grass go for $1k per. Theyd even drive it to your house w their semi and dump it in your driveway. Youd have to buy 20 bales to get 'the deal' of course. 1600 lb of fine colorado weed for 1k, what a bargain. I wonder if its good cow feed?

Colorado is fucked.

Ive already had 2 folk call and ask if id go in w them to put in some big cold frames. While it sounds like fun and all, I dont like hanging out for 2 months w a trimming crew.

You kids have fun, be sure to get a good accountant and a good attorney. I am too old for that shit, but it will be great fun to watch.

Oh and fuck those assholes in denver, they dont deserve a fucking penny unless they help trim it.

M

mendel

I got this one ok............just spinning ideas

theres all these mexican migrant workers in the ark valley that have been fucked out of their livlihoods over the past few yrs, bacause the farmers they worked for who grew produce in colorado have sold their water rights to cities so you golfers and lawn growers can have green turf.

The state could implement a training program so that the workers could rogue male plants from large fields of cannabis, to prevent seed formation. They could also hoe the weeds as they move along. that would be great for the state economy.

I used to fuck around w breeder steve a bit, he has a hash fiend. he used to send me pics of big water tanks they made hash in, big stock tank things, they had drills on shock obsorbers hanging from the ceiling, big paint paddles, they made blocks of hash 20-30 lb.

that being said, i wonder how much bud a crop would yeild per acre. Lets say 4k lb of bud. At a yeild of 10% of bud weight = hash yeild, thats 400 lb of hash per acre. I have a silage bin on my property w a big paddle thing in the bottom of it on a big geared motor to feed the silage to the auger in the bottom of the bin (silage cakes up like, doesnt flow without prompting).

We could take that giant paddle setup out, and rig it in a big tank. A tank that size would not cool well with ice, but no worries, we can order transport loads of nitrogen, and build a gas recirc water cooling setup. You could grind the bales in a feed grinder, and auger it into the tank.

I havent worked out seping the hash from the green yet, but if I can gat ahold of steve im sure he'll have some good ideas. I saw a big ass spinning thing on gold rush on discovery (trundle?), im sure it could be refabbed to seive hash.
-----------------------------------------

moral of this story be careful what you wish for. some red neck w a welder and his dad's farm subsidy money will run it like a bull. or someone else. Then theyll sell out to a corp after running it for a yr.

I dunno if anyone mentioned it, but after the state tax youll have to pay a fed tax as well, w no deductions, or ...hehehe

me and the gal will be flowering 3 girls per.

This love of money will kill you man, paper money is a utility used for barter in public, it isnt manna.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

^^^Now you're cooking with gas :)

I'm still wondering why the Mexicans haven't started doing that. And all I can think is somewhere in America people still buy swag, a lot of it. Did enjoy that blond hash when I was in A'dam.

M

Mr Dank

Jerome, the PM I sent you in the past indicates I am ready to stand up and speak out. I am also ready to do this for the felony rule. In fact, I really want to do this for both VI and the felony rule. I've sent you a PM in the past, so the ball is in your court. I won't bug you again

Latest posts

Top Bottom