Stepping Into My World Of Microbes

• Thread starter narleyharley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

narleyharley

Hey guys, so I decided to put down my method on paper for this short grow.

I currently have 4 Robert plants and 2 Otto #1 about 7 weeks into veg from seed (total time)

I'm moving out of my apartment in november and wanted to drop my beans due to I wanted a larger harvest and I came across 10 seeds of afi blue (Afghan kush x blueberry) in a jar from a dispensary and decided to drop them. I lost one, so I dropped 9 ago blue, 1 dakini kush, and 2 Otto #1 (which are cbd)

My setup for propogation:
4 15 watt CFL covering one sq ft in a box that has Mylar in it and the box has holes for proper airflow.

18/6 light cycle

Medium: build-a-soil "Super Soil"

9 oz solo cup containers with 12-16 holes (I heated a fork with a torch and made holes)

I water with my aquarium water which is R/o water and kept (naturally ie. without chems) at a 6.5 ph. Water once a day with maybe an oz of water and spraying to keep humidty high.

My pre veg lasts for 3 weeks, until the first true set of leaves...

After that they will be put into one gallon containers , except one dakini kush and afi blue because I have 2 5 gallons with soil but no plants ( I transplanted and realized I had 2 plants throwing pre male flowers so I chucked em)
and vegged for one week with an alfalfa kelp meal tea and a compost tea,.....

Then my whole tent will be thrown into flower :)

Here's my pre veg propogation box I built.

More pics to come homies. :)

I'll add pics every few days or so, maybe if y'all are lucky I'll show y'all my Lactobacillus acidophillus bacteria and my compost, botanical, and sprouted seedling tea recipes. :)

Cheerz mates

Stepping into my world of microbes
Stepping into my world of microbes 2
Stepping into my world of microbes 3
Last edited:
N

narleyharley

My first sneak into my microbial cultures, pretty easy.

LABs serum and live culture
(Lactobacillus acidophillus)

Grabbed some Jasmine rice from whole foods (next time going to use sprouts wild rice) and took some coconut water (the powdered freeze dried coconut water) and made a rice wash. I did this by letting the water reach room temperature and added rice to it to soak up and shook it around in a mason jar. I took the liquid and threw out the rice (I actually made cilantro lime rice- thanks chipotle) I let this rice wash sit for 6 days until it was three layers. I tried to do my best to just have the middle layer, because that's where the culture is. Then I added 10 parts milk to 1 part rice wash. I let this sit for 5 days and didn't seal the thing on my blender bottle. All the milk curded up so I I used the serum and cut in half with molasses.
Live cultured bacteria that are great for us and our dogs. Add one tbls per gallon of tea of water and make sure to add it right before you feed, or within a few hours. Just one tbls per gallon for ourselves or the dogs water bowl.
It's a nice Mix and helps kill off other bacterial infections, molds, Mildews, rotten smells (ie pet stains , shoes, grease traps) the bacteria just eat up everything else. Pretty dope.

Thanks for the love fellars.

IMAG0562
N

narleyharley

Day 3 I believe? Will Mark the one that's already sprouted, just for my curiositys sake, the first ones to sprout to see if those usually turn out males vs females.. :) 5 thus far all Afi Blue
to be honest this is my favorite part of the grow, watching them grow by checking on them when they wake up and misting them with water instead of direct water. Watching them grow their first few nodes is amazing I love it. .but I'll mark this one as male
IMAG0587

IMAG0585
IMAG0586
IMAG0588
IMAG0589
Last edited:
N

narleyharley

@soserthc1 yeah I got directed to this site theunconventionalfarmer.com who has a recipe that I slightly followed... Just used coconut water instead. I'm kind of testing to see how it works, my next batch I'll do a side by side with coconut vs reg r/o water.
I really don't want to drink it, I know a few guys that drink it after dinner but they cut theirs with brown sugar instead so it's prob better to drink.
Ill just stick to my kefir for my probiotic needs.

But thank you with the luck, I send the same to your garden.:D:D

N

narleyharley

Moving along nicely, kind of slow with a fw of the 3 year old seeds. Chucked 3 afis, so I have 6 afi blues, 1 dakini kush, 1 halycon , and 2 Otto #1s

All they're gettin is water from a sprayer

Prob wait another week before putting them into their final 1 gallon containers. They're going straight into flower in September

IMAG0643

Latest posts

Top Bottom