Stick With 3 Gallon Soil Pots Or Try 5 Gallon?

• Thread starter cowboyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyz

Well I want to try something different I use 3 gallon soil pot but now I have more room to work with so I'm thinking about trying out 5 gallon soil pot, for those who have used both which size do you like better and was their an big different in yield?

Grow4me

Grow4me

If you have the space in this case bigger is better. More roots equal larger plants. Grow the roots, they will grow the plant.

C

cowboyz

If you have the space in this case bigger is better. More roots equal larger plants. Grow the roots, they will grow the plant.
K I have a question when using 3 gallon I had 12 girls under 1 1000 watts light so if I use 5 gallon how many should I use? And should I veg the same? Or veg longer?

Grow4me

Grow4me

I veg longer, I have 6 plants under a 600 watt. Not sure what you can get under 1000. I let the plant tell me when it's ready for a larger pot or more space. Trial and error.

C

cowboyz

I veg longer, I have 6 plants under a 600 watt. Not sure what you can get under 1000. I let the plant tell me when it's ready for a larger pot or more space. Trial and error.
Like 4 or 5 weeks of veg? And how much do you get from what your doing? And how much you think I should get done what your telling me to do?

Grow4me

Grow4me

I'm new at this too. I got clones in August, vegged 6 weeks and they have been in flower for 50 days. So many variables. Happy growing!
20151114 000937 1

hiboy

hiboy

I use 5-gallon warrior pots I would highly suggest looking into them
You can grow your trees around four feet and I wouldn't put more than 5 under a light one in each corner and one in the middle
Hn

C

cowboyz

You can grow your trees around four feet and I wouldn't put more than 5 under a light one in each corner and one in the middle
Hn
wow looks crazy I just might have to pick them up and how much do your yields doing 5 5gallons under 1000 watt? So your suggestion to veg till it hit 2ft then flower?

C

cowboyz

Hn
My goal is to get 1 1/2 to 2 a light

hiboy

hiboy

That's no problem with 5 gallon we're hitting 2. Of course there are a lot of factors besides pot size
Hb B

hiboy

hiboy

wow looks crazy I just might have to pick them up and how much do your yields doing 5 5gallons under 1000 watt? So your suggestion to veg till it hit 2ft then flower?
I transplant from 1 gallon into the 5 gallon then veg for 2 weeks I flip it about 30 inches my Larry grows to about 48 - 56 inches
Hb

C

cowboyz

That's no problem with 5 gallon we're hitting 2. Of course there are a lot of factors besides pot size
Hb B
K now you sold me
Hb B
K now I'm sold on using 5 gallon and the warrior. Pots lol so how much space will be good for 20 5 gallon? Would a 12x8 be good engough room or how much space do you recommend to do?

HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
K now you sold me

K now I'm sold on using 5 gallon and the warrior. Pots lol so how much space will be good for 20 5 gallon? Would a 12x8 be good engough room or how much space do you recommend to do?
How many lights are you wanting to run? If it were me with that 12x8 I'd run 6 1000w with xxxl magnum hoods.

HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
6 light for that space would be too much
I run basically 12x4 space with 3 1000w lights and it works great. I just would think 12x8 would be perfect for 6. I think if heats not an issue you could reach 2lb/light goal. Genetics will also play a role in that yield..lol

C

cowboyz

I run basically 12x4 space with 3 1000w lights and it works great. I just would think 12x8 would be perfect for 6. I think if heats not an issue you could reach 2lb/light goal. Genetics will also play a role in that yield..lol
I mean I think 5 would be good I just want to make sure I have plenty of space for 5 gallon soace

HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
I mean I think 5 would be good I just want to make sure I have plenty of space for 5 gallon soace
I think that's plenty..like grow4me stated just veg till you run out of space..lol..fill your canopy then flip em.

hiboy

hiboy

K now you sold me

we set our warrior pots in a 3x3 or 3x6 table. We put a pot in each corner and one in the middle in a 3x3 table. That will tell you the spacing
Hb

Latest posts

Top Bottom