Still burp everyday or no?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

My inputs here; dont waste time bucking, hang branches until leaves nice and crispy(7-10 days) at that point you will thinks its real dry but the stems are still green and full of water. Then take some of the largest stems off and pop them into sealing tubs. Rehydrate over night then you will need to rock like 20-24 long burps. Using they hydrometer(i use Caliber III they are twenty bones on amazon.) i do long burps for anything in the high sixties and low seventies. Once you get into the low sixties you must trim immediately, after trim your humidity will b much lower because the loss of stem and leaf usually for me its in the fifties. For long term storage i like to get it right between 55-60% and seal immediately. And remember that it can take up to a week for the humidity reading to stabilize once its in the lower fifties. Tips and tricks? If you trim at 60 percent you dont lose very many crystals. Spend the cash on hydrometers and stop guessing.. Best 20 bones spent!!! DO NOT LET OVER DRY; you lose your smells and then the whole rehydration battle is really a losing uphill battle, get your humidity right and DO NOT over dry. Also bhovida works fine without effecting the smell for a quick hydration in a tub or turkey bag, now that being said i wouldn't seal a humidity pack into anything long term. Also for hydration there are ones that you hydrate in pail water, they come in little animal shapes with holes. again if your rehydrating you fucked up and best case is to avoid completely.

Madbud

Madbud

My inputs here; dont waste time bucking, hang branches until leaves nice and crispy(7-10 days) at that point you will thinks its real dry but the stems are still green and full of water. Then take some of the largest stems off and pop them into sealing tubs. Rehydrate over night then you will need to rock like 20-24 long burps. Using they hydrometer(i use Caliber III they are twenty bones on amazon.) i do long burps for anything in the high sixties and low seventies. Once you get into the low sixties you must trim immediately, after trim your humidity will b much lower because the loss of stem and leaf usually for me its in the fifties. For long term storage i like to get it right between 55-60% and seal immediately. And remember that it can take up to a week for the humidity reading to stabilize once its in the lower fifties. Tips and tricks? If you trim at 60 percent you dont lose very many crystals. Spend the cash on hydrometers and stop guessing.. Best 20 bones spent!!! DO NOT LET OVER DRY; you lose your smells and then the whole rehydration battle is really a losing uphill battle, get your humidity right and DO NOT over dry. Also bhovida works fine without effecting the smell for a quick hydration in a tub or turkey bag, now that being said i wouldn't seal a humidity pack into anything long term. Also for hydration there are ones that you hydrate in pail water, they come in little animal shapes with holes. again if your rehydrating you fucked up and best case is to avoid completely.
Just be sure you use a hygrometer not hydrometer

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Okay so update..

I got 9.8ounces off 4 plants for first grow.

Okay so the ones at 57/58 that I was told to keep closed after jarring 'burped them like twice at the start'.. they actually smell 100% better than the ones jarred @ 61% that have been burped 'almost' daily. They are extremely strong smelling.

Taste etc I'll have to let you know soon. 🤔

No signs of mold at all, temps are all 15-16c

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

One number is probably the temp and one humidity. Put the hydrometer in the jar overnight to get a reading. I also used part of a raw carrot to add some moisture back to some overly dry bud until the meter read 62%,then removing the carrot and adding a boveda 62 pack. Cured and burped for 3 weeks and now smokes and taste good. Good luck!
Youre right other is temp,im an idiot lol!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Like he said, its probably temp and humidity. Temp should be below 70°F, humidity close to 60% in the jar. The orange peel, carrot, potato, freezer etc raises humidity and softens the buds, you can just breathe in the jar too. If the buds get too moist, pour them out for a couple minutes, check for any mold and rejar. Mold looks like cotton threads and smells like moss, earthy. Toss moldy buds, i haven’t seen any suitable use for them.
I did peel thing & humidity is up to 70. I dont want mold so should I leave bud outta jars for a hr or so or maybe even toss back into paper bag for a bit? I see you said take out for a few minutes if wet but 70 is probably way to high,isnt it?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I did peel thing & humidity is up to 70. I dont want mold so should I leave bud outta jars for a hr or so or maybe even toss back into paper bag for a bit? I see you said take out for a few minutes if wet but 70 is probably way to high,isnt it?
It's only that high because of the peel so just take the peel out and leave it, see what the humidity is in an hour or so.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

^ and what th above post said
When mines were close to 69 etc I left in brown paper bags for a few hours, depends what your humidity is like in the room too =p

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

^ and what th above post said
When mines were close to 69 etc I left in brown paper bags for a few hours, depends what your humidity is like in the room too =p
I did peel thing other night so peels been out for a bit. Ill let bud sit out for a bit then stick back in with hygro to get reading. So far I dont see any mold but it does have an off smell. Hope I didnt mess this up.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I did peel thing other night so peels been out for a bit. Ill let bud sit out for a bit then stick back in with hygro to get reading. So far I dont see any mold but it does have an off smell. Hope I didnt mess this up.

The smell goes away n comes back, can smell like hay etc

Madbud

Madbud

Sounds like you’re getting a feel for this, cheap chinese devices are notoriously inaccurate, why i trust the paper.

Last edited:
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Sounds like you’re getting a feel for this, cheap chinese devices are notoriously inaccurate, why i trust the paper.
Yeah you live & you learn. Paper in jar is actually good idea tho seeing how none of the meters have same read,lol.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I see you said 55-60 & I keep seeing everyone saying to try to hit around 60% humidity for target area. On alot of websites it says cure zone is between 60-65%. All my jars at hitting right on 65 & a few at 66 & I also wanna take into account hygrometer might not be dead on accurate. Should I leave jars open til they around 60 instead?

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I see you said 55-60 & I keep seeing everyone saying to try to hit around 60% humidity for target area. On alot of websites it says cure zone is between 60-65%. All my jars at hitting right on 65 & a few at 66 & I also wanna take into account hygrometer might not be dead on accurate. Should I leave jars open til they around 60 instead?

Put them in brown paper bags in a room where the humidity is around 60 or even higher it doesn't matter will just go slower .. if it's 60 keep it in there for halve a day, if it's higher then a day. Don't worry it's not gonna hit 30 XD

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Put them in brown paper bags in a room where the humidity is around 60 or even higher it doesn't matter will just go slower .. if it's 60 keep it in there for halve a day, if it's higher then a day. Don't worry it's not gonna hit 30 XD
Thx,will do!

Top Bottom