Still burp everyday or no?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So believe it or not around 45-50% in the jar after curing. I always keep mine at around 58% as once ya take it out it finishes up pretty quick in a zip lock or my stash jar for personal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I should add once sealed its still a good idea for the first couple weeks to turn the jars and tumble the buds to ensure any moisture still coming out is even if that makes sense. And if it hits 65% burp.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I should add once sealed its still a good idea for the first couple weeks to turn the jars and tumble the buds to ensure any moisture still coming out is even if that makes sense. And if it hits 65% burp.
Yup,everything u said like 60-65% cure zone & tumbling bud in jars goes with what Ive read on sites like royal queen seeds,grow weed easy,& others.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Well I done aquas way and even trying to hide the smell when I open it is next to impossible.. soon as I take some out and bag it.. it comes thru the bags with ease 😭. Had nothing but good reviews so far. It's almost all gone 😂 and that was two week curing the smell was already that strong, just imagine a month or so 😭 I'll soon have none left

That was without doing any tumbling, I might have to try that one when they're sealed next grow for the moisture etc 😁 learning process . I'll definitely stick to this method though

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Well I done aquas way and even trying to hide the smell when I open it is next to impossible.. soon as I take some out and bag it.. it comes thru the bags with ease 😭. Had nothing but good reviews so far. It's almost all gone 😂 and that was two week curing the smell was already that strong, just imagine a month or so 😭 I'll soon have none left

That was without doing any tumbling, I might have to try that one when they're sealed next grow for the moisture etc 😁 learning process . I'll definitely stick to this method though
I'm sure tumbling comes in handy when u dont have hydrometer too. When my rh was at 70% bud was sticking together.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I've been curing in jars since Oct 11 was 62-64% at that time, still 61-63% now, I burp about once a week at this point if the room RH is about at least 10 below that to get closer to 60%, the out the door jar H I hear. OK?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been curing in jars since Oct 11 was 62-64% at that time, still 61-63% now, I burp about once a week at this point if the room RH is about at least 10 below that to get closer to 60%, the out the door jar H I hear. OK?
And any mold? I'm betting not a hint.

This is very similar to the VPD thing ppl shit all over for years and claiming mold and PM and all that stuff. They refuse to accept they may not have done it properly and say you need 40%RH in fower or you get mold etc.

Idk believe it or not 60-65% has been a standard by some pretty top notch growers for a long time and yes we want to stay under 65% but that doesn't translate into 50%..... thats just people taking a guidline and basically saying the drier the better and thats just not the case.

How your stuff coming alone @Glassdub sounds like your hitting the mark nicely.

Glassdub

Glassdub

This is very similar to the VPD thing ppl shit all over for years and claiming mold and PM and all that stuff. They refuse to accept they may not have done it properly and say you need 40%RH in fower or you get mold etc.

Idk believe it or not 60-65% has been a standard by some pretty top notch growers for a long time and yes we want to stay under 65% but that doesn't translate into 50%..... thats just people taking a guidline and basically saying the drier the better and thats just not the case.

Nah, I used paper bag method & this to gauge; http://www.dpcalc.org/?fbclid=IwAR3dMVcJXFGTCQU7lGIvcDfc4W0cUBoCJC4G0Dp7C0EoxxUrtYeKqpKoeNQ
seems ok, though I expected a stronger scent, LSD was rumored to be especially stinky & this run really was not, thought it might have been due to hot flowering temps, the little I've vaped of small popcorn has been pretty strong & decent tasting. I'm curious if the current round will have more of a funk as at this time of the year I have a hard time even keeping temps in the 70s, I will be flipping in the next couple weeks.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Harvest date was oct 12 so mine has been stored/cured in 4 cvaults since oct 18.

Burped them 2 days ago. With the 4 vaults and 14 hygrometers. Readings from 59% to 64% in the 4 vaults. No mold.

Madbud

Madbud

I’m done with jars, too much precision. Flat food storage containers give the flowers more surface area for even curing and a couple days open in the freezer brings out the terps.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’ve tried several methods and in my opinion in fact I do it almost exactly like @Aquaman does shaking/tumble the jar and all - it’s the easiest most efficient and effective method for me. Never had mold yet! But mine usually makes if in a jar 2-3 months tops

beluga

beluga

Wouldn't that all depend on headspace? There's obviously a lot of air to be used up even in a jar that seems full, so the tumble works fine to an extent. But I've definitely had some that get the wrong kinda funky if I don't replace that air regularly (not often, but with frequency)... especially if they're to the brim.
Honestly, once I looked at it as a fermentation, it made a whole lot more sense and that mentality alone made for a much better product.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

AQUA for the home run! agreed, if your seeing mold develop at 60% boys and girls sorry to say but you grew moldy bud or you dont know how to dry/cure properly. Isnt 60% the humidity that cigars are stored at? Fifty is way to dry for me personally, i like vacc sealed at sixty you open it up and its perfect!!!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

My jars stable at 62-63 & I've sealed jars,gonna leave like that for a month like u said. Still no mold & havent burped since sat.,lol.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Wouldn't that all depend on headspace? There's obviously a lot of air to be used up even in a jar that seems full, so the tumble works fine to an extent. But I've definitely had some that get the wrong kinda funky if I don't replace that air regularly (not often, but with frequency)... especially if they're to the brim.
Honestly, once I looked at it as a fermentation, it made a whole lot more sense and that mentality alone made for a much better product.
Like a bale of alfalfa.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom