Still learning, need help with pruning tech

• Thread starter JohnnyFlux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnnyFlux

JohnnyFlux

SO I’m a bit of a newbie but am good with other plants and have been ingesting mountains of info and forum threads. I have some clones that I started in a 1.5 gal and have transplanted to 5 gal to finish. I am starting the 4th week of veg. Each plant is healthy and about 10-12 inches tall. I topped once at the 5th node and all my girls recovered and are flourishing. My question is what to do next. I am doing a ScrOg grow...I’ve seen that it is a good to top a second time so that you can have 4-5 main growth stems. What about the branches below the original top? Some of them are pretty healthy and I’m wondering if I should just use those instead of topping again.

I also have one plant that was split at its base to begin with, so I topped each stem, meaning it already has 4 growth stems, would it be counterproductive to top this plant a second time? Thanks in advance!!!

threatco

threatco

Hey. Got any pics?

Depends how big they need to get. Topping once with clones is usually enough to induce bushing with some LST like scrogging.

I would figure out where your net height will be, and start slowly pruning off the grow shoots below that which will never grow up enough to reach net. It would be reasonable in most grows to end up cutting off the first two or three bottom nodes.

Really varies by strain and situation a lot though.

The net will be used to get those 2 or 4 dominant branches to bend down or to the side, letting the lower stuff catch up.

Good luck.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the the farm , you could always super crop which allows some of the under canopy branches to catch up To form a flat well structure plant . Regards Od .

JohnnyFlux

JohnnyFlux

I really appreciate the help you offered up man. I wasn’t used to this website and didn’t see the two replies I got. I ended up learning through experience, as we all do I’m sure!
Come to find out you can chop a 6 week old planet in half with a light and it will turn out fine!!! I’ll share some picks when I get the chance

Top Bottom