Still Trying To Figure Out What Went On Here...

• Thread starter FarmerG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarmerG

FarmerG

So, this is a bit of a story.. I had 1 seed laying around, so decided to pop it. it was my first grow. i went balls to the wall. bought a blue lab ph/ppm/ec probe, hydro kit with 150 hps, clay pebbles, used veg+bloom nutes, tent, fans, humidifier, de humidifier, etc went the whole 9.
My wife wasnt too pleased when she walked in our basement and saw this... so wound up having to try and flower after 1.5 months or so... this plant should have been renamed "refuse to die" after what i put it through. when it was indoors, it was looking great, and i took it from a home depot aero garden, to a coffee can, to a hydro set up, to soil. I was having fun, reading and reading and reading, buying more and more stuff as i learned the importance of the environment for the plant, levels etc. but when my wife saw what i was up to, she made me get rid of it because she was nervous our son would see, thats where it got irradic.
Transplanted into random soil, moved it outside and in some cases the temp was 45-50 degrees at the time and dry as a 80 year old nun. It would rain then clouds then shock set in, then it took off again. i took pics of the whole thing as you can see and probably put a time line together from seeing it. Now i knew because i tried to flower it so soon that the yield would be shit. So i figured keep going for the learning experience and the fun. anyway, it flowers, i wait till day 65 for the chop, checked the trichomes with a loupe and all were cloudy... blatantly cloudy.. some orange, and i chop after flush. i know that drying and curing is VIP so set that all up and when its all said and done, now i look at my buds under a loupe and all the tris are clear and only a few cloudy??? WTF happened??? im ocd, im SURE all the tris i saw on all the buds were cloudy... anyway, smoked it a month after dry and cure... its a tease, the high comes on great and then disappears like a fart in the wind... terps are on fire, buds look is a bit airy and i chalked that up to all the variances etc, but none the less, i cant figure it out... anyone have any idea on what happened cause i dont lol. also how did i do for a first grow?!

Still trying to figure out what went on here
Still trying to figure out what went on here 2
Still trying to figure out what went on here 3
Still trying to figure out what went on here 4
Still trying to figure out what went on here 5
Still trying to figure out what went on here 6
Still trying to figure out what went on here 7
Still trying to figure out what went on here 8
Still trying to figure out what went on here 9
Still trying to figure out what went on here 10
Still trying to figure out what went on here 11
Still trying to figure out what went on here 12
Still trying to figure out what went on here 13
Still trying to figure out what went on here 14
Still trying to figure out what went on here 15
Still trying to figure out what went on here 16
Still trying to figure out what went on here 17
Still trying to figure out what went on here 18
Still trying to figure out what went on here 19
Still trying to figure out what went on here 20
Leew421

Leew421

A couple things, changing mediums is never good to do. You're lucky it didn't Herm out. Also, when you first put a plant outside from indoors it needs to be "hardened". Slowly going from shade to full sun next time. Second, you want a great number of red and shriveled hairs. Could have gone another two weeks I imagine. Check trichs all over the plant too. Glad it all worked out in the end. You probably learned more than you got high but that's okay, it's the journey. Having the stigma of kids seeing it isn't a good thing either. Embrace growing and treat like meds and teach that and all is good. My kids don't care and never ask

Perception

Perception

I love your enthusiasm, and the wife stories. I don't know why, but I love hearing stories about spouses getting pissed. I always imagine them finding said grower (frozen in movement) at 2:00am in basement with laboratory equipment everywhere... "wtf are you doing?!?"

Both comments above sounds good. Im curious though - what is your latitude and when did you move them outside? What was veg lighting time indoors? Im wondering if they were shocked in to flower, but then said ,"wait. I'm still getting 15 hours of daylight.", and slowed down resin production.

I'm on my 6th (?) grow, and am very much like you. Every grow, you'll create a punch list of what NOT to do next time, and what to do. Just takes time and absurd amounts of patience.

xenon730

xenon730

I love your enthusiasm, and the wife stories. I don't know why, but I love hearing stories about spouses getting pissed. I always imagine them finding said grower (frozen in movement) at 2:00am in basement with laboratory equipment everywhere... "wtf are you doing?!?"

Both comments above sounds good. Im curious though - what is your latitude and when did you move them outside? What was veg lighting time indoors? Im wondering if they were shocked in to flower, but then said ,"wait. I'm still getting 15 hours of daylight.", and slowed down resin production.

I'm on my 6th (?) grow, and am very much like you. Every grow, you'll create a punch list of what NOT to do next time, and what to do. Just takes time and absurd amounts of patience.
Try to get a stable cut you love and can grow easily so you always have. Don't be afraid to kill plants, especially anything that looks hermie. Don't have expectations, nature is random and as said in Jurassic park, life finds a way.

Sorry if this is really unwanted just things i found helped me around that time.

FarmerG

FarmerG

You're right on with the 2 weeks. I figured same. I did have it in shade on and off but it seemed to do worse so I moved it to full sun.
No question it was a tease but man I'm hooked. I loved it. A lot of fun and learned a lot and a lot more to learn.
A couple things, changing mediums is never good to do. You're lucky it didn't Herm out. Also, when you first put a plant outside from indoors it needs to be "hardened". Slowly going from shade to full sun next time. Second, you want a great number of red and shriveled hairs. Could have gone another two weeks I imagine. Check trichs all over the plant too. Glad it all worked out in the end. You probably learned more than you got high but that's okay, it's the journey. Having the stigma of kids seeing it isn't a good thing either. Embrace growing and treat like meds and teach that and all is good. My kids don't care and never ask

FarmerG

FarmerG

It's like you were watching It happen through a window. My son kept asking why daddy is going up-and-down the stairs into the basement every day. Before you know it, in comes doctor evil lol. She thought it was cool and even though I had it locked away, she wanted it out cause my son doesn't let up and till this day wants to know "If dad was fixing the water heater why is nothing different down there" lol smart kid.
I was down there feeding it at about 1:30am and I heard the stairs so rushed to clean and zip the tent (as if she woulda missed it smh) and busted in the room and I had this look on like I just got caught doing something I shouldn't have been. It was hilarious. I told her "remember I said one day I wanted to invite another girl over to have some fun, well here she is??" Well she didn't like that or think it was funny either. Lol I still think it is.. so that's the short version. I make jokes when nervous lol

Perception

Perception

It's like you were watching It happen through a window. My son kept asking why daddy is going up-and-down the stairs into the basement every day. Before you know it, in comes doctor evil lol. She thought it was cool and even though I had it locked away, she wanted it out cause my son doesn't let up and till this day wants to know "If dad was fixing the water heater why is nothing different down there" lol smart kid.
I was down there feeding it at about 1:30am and I heard the stairs so rushed to clean and zip the tent (as if she woulda missed it smh) and busted in the room and I had this look on like I just got caught doing something I shouldn't have been. It was hilarious. I told her "remember I said one day I wanted to invite another girl over to have some fun, well here she is??" Well she didn't like that or think it was funny either. Lol I still think it is.. so that's the short version. I make jokes when nervous lol

ROFL. this is so good, haha. Just how I imagined

Latest posts

Top Bottom