Stoney's Spot

• Thread starter stoneyluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stoneyluv

stoneyluv

High there fellow growers, smokers, and general ganja enthusiasts. I'm new here to the THC Farmer and thought i would start a journal and introduce myself all in one. so a little about myself... i'm a fun loving ganja smokin do it yourself kind of hillbilly. i live in the sticks and i have a rifle, shotgun, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive!!😄

I have a personal sized perpetual ganja grow. two cabinets both 4' x 4' one for veg one for flower.. the veg cab is a self irrigated planter (SIP) setup where i use 1L airpots or aircell as the mfg calls them. i use a test tube with a piece of micro fiber cloth inside to sip up the water in a pvc manifold that i keep flat on the floor with a piece of thin plywood covered in mylar on top to set the airpots on. i also keep my aeroponic cloner in the same area. i use LEDs in my veg area. they are 50watts each but i only have them at 50% so i use a total of 50w for my veg... i keep a lot of plants and grow them slow.

Stoneys spot

my flower cab is decked out a little containing five plant sites using the same SIP watering system in five gallon buckets. i also have a custom built automated turntable that makes two revolutions every 10 hours. i use two 315W sunsystems LEC lights with philips green power bulbs. the turntable motions allow me to really slam the lights down close without burning the plants. and to help get them close i use sunsystems light winches so moving my lights is done with a touch of a button.

Stoneys spot 2

some other things about myself are:

I'm a squisher... or rosin maker. i started out a few years ago with a hair straightener and clamp and now i use a twenty ton press with pneumatic air assist and a small 3" x 5" heat plates.

Stoneys spot 3

I like to smoke meats with my homemade smoker....

Stoneys spot 4

I have a koi pond...

Stoneys spot 5

I'm a happy chicken owner....

Stoneys spot 6

I like to grow my veggies in my poly tunnel greenhouse... just put brand new plastic on!!!!..

Stoneys spot 7

and this is my sitting around view from my man cave (the garage)...

Stoneys spot 8

Stoneys spot 9

i can't wait to run into some folks that i already know and also can't wait to meet a bunch more!!!!!

so feel free to post anything you want, drop a photo or a video or some good tunes... looking forward to lots of fun!!!!!!

Last edited:
stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Hi welcome to the farm nice spot you have there , I’m a chicken loving ,veggie n fruit gardener, meat smoking ,pot growing horticulturist from Australia nice to meet you Stoney . Regards one drop .

Nice to meet you One drop, i was just looking at your photo album and saw your chickens!! some look just like mine!! but not nearly as cool as your avatar.. how did you make your buds look like a chicken? bud sculpting, i love it!!!! i really like the pics of your dogs too, sorry to hear about the one having a bad hip.

i had four chickens but three of them were killed by a fox. so i bought four more pullets and it has just been two weeks now. the hen was a bit of a bully and i had to separate them for a few days but now they seem to be kissin cousins already. clucking about and taking food from each other beaks!! the new pullets don't like me yet but they will. they're starting to warm up a little but still don't like to be held yet. in time.....

i also have some fruit trees too... no orchard or anything but three peaches and one apricot. the apricot is pretty old and the peaches are just a few years old. this might be the first year of significant fruit...

DSCN1378

i'll trim them before next spring i think... i need to wait till they're tall enough so when the fruit umbrellas the branches down they stay taller than a deers lips can reach!!! hehe

Thanks for introducing yourself and getting to meet ya, have a great weekend!!!!!!

Just all kinds of awesomeness man! Great to see what's happening in your world again and I love that trailer jack on the front end of the smoker!!! 😜
Classic Stoney Luv shit right there! 😎

Hey brother!!! I put that $14 trailer jack on primarily just to roll it around, then i quickly learned it makes it perfect to level the smoker no mater where i park it!!!!! it was an instant winner the moment i put it on there!!!!

my UPS driver wants me to make him a smoker... he offered to buy mine but i was like hell no!! i have five brand new heating fuel tanks up at my inherited house up north, ya know those big 275 gallon suckers. i was thinking of turning them all into smokers and selling them.

got some more gardening done today... it was raining out but nice and dry in the greenhouse!!!! tomatoes on the left and hot peppers on the right and cucumbers right in the middle...

i went a little sadistic with the peppers this year... carolina reapers, ghost chilis, trinidad scorpions, habineros, and for flavor i have a bunch of jalapenos!!

DSCN1379

it looks like my asparagus is going to give me a harvest this year... i think this is the fifth year i've been growing it and still haven't got to try it yet!!! haha

DSCN1380

got my earthboxes in place too... still got to build the new soil and fill em up but i'm getting closer... i'm going to grow green beans in two of them and maybe herbs in the other two. maybe lettuce but i'm not sure, we don't eat much lettuce so maybe herbs are better.

DSCN1381

I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your weekend man!!!!

🥴

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks Stoney I’ve been slowly making my back yard a food bowl I’ve got some ducks Indian runners coming in spring we have just started to broach winter in Tasmania so winter crops are in and growing nicely , last of the apples are being picked today and I’ll finish off moving 1 tone of rocks ready to build a gabeion wall with , I’m a landscape gardener So I bring home lots of building materials that get tossed out so I save every thing iv got a good bone yard to now so building in my garden is a lot cheaper , steel fencing , post , lumber my wife shake her head then when I build something she says where did you get all that , Steptoe she calls me , sad to hear about the fox strike we had one on our property on mainland wiped out my entire flock .... the pallets here are called Isa Browns , called that after the red dirt of the area they originated from , I have Barnervelders as well they are my best birds the oldest Black Bob is now 18 years old we have been on this little spot for 15 years and I got the three bobs when they 3 , sadly we lost the 2 sisters last season to a hawk strike , , I’m sure we can chat for hours mate if you like just message me in always around somewhere .

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Thanks Stoney I’ve been slowly making my back yard a food bowl I’ve got some ducks Indian runners coming in spring we have just started to broach winter in Tasmania so winter crops are in and growing nicely , last of the apples are being picked today and I’ll finish off moving 1 tone of rocks ready to build a gabeion wall with , I’m a landscape gardener So I bring home lots of building materials that get tossed out so I save every thing iv got a good bone yard to now so building in my garden is a lot cheaper , steel fencing , post , lumber my wife shake her head then when I build something she says where did you get all that , Steptoe she calls me , sad to hear about the fox strike we had one on our property on mainland wiped out my entire flock .... the pallets here are called Isa Browns , called that after the red dirt of the area they originated from , I have Barnervelders as well they are my best birds the oldest Black Bob is now 18 years old we have been on this little spot for 15 years and I got the three bobs when they 3 , sadly we lost the 2 sisters last season to a hawk strike , , I’m sure we can chat for hours mate if you like just message me in always around somewhere .

it is amazing what some people throw away... all the coolest things i have are from what other people were gonna toss out. i'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to materials and stuff.. just last year i got enough free flagstone to lay an entire patio out by my pond. i've also been collecting old windows and glass that people wanna throw away, i plan to build a real greenhouse soon and gonna use all recycled glass. some of those windows cost over $1000.00 each.
so yeah, in that respect we are on the same page!!! hell i'm not even ashamed that i've dumpster dived for cool stuff already!!!!

man that is some sad news about your two hens, i couldn't even imagine that. i've never had a pet for 15 years before, sorry to hear about that loss. i only had mine for a little over a year and i was sad as hell when i lost them. They're such funny creatures, make me laugh all the time!!

we can get those isa brown here in the states, not sure about a barnervelder... not sure i've seen that name here... mine are a rhode island red crossed with a stars, i get them from a farm just down the road.

so i'm not familiar where Tasmania is or anything about it, how cold do your winters get? do you get snow? how about your hottest in the summer, what is that like?

now rock walls and moving rocks and digging rocks, that is something i know way too well... we got a lot in our ground here, most holes require machinery dig.

i hope you get to rest your back and smoke a little kush after all the hauling!!!

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

hey farmers!!!

some tunes...

some pics...

Alien Rock Candy...

DSCN1391

DSCN1393

Texas Butter...

DSCN1394

DSCN1395

this tall piece of grass is a Sky Master....

DSCN1396

DSCN1397

DSCN1398

DSCN1399

this one is getting harvested this weekend, Night Rider...

DSCN1400

DSCN1401

DSCN1402

DSCN1403

and back from the dead, White Fire!!!.. WiFi...

DSCN1404

DSCN1405

veg area is killing it right now.....

DSCN1406

cloner box is stuffed too.... ah what great problems to have going into summer!!!!!

DSCN1407

enjoy the rest of your week everybody and stay away from the cooties!!!!!

😎

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Brother stoney, how it go old buddy?...
I'll be around...

hey hey DJ!!!!! how ya been my brother? how the family?

having an off the wall warm night here... humid as hell... my woman asked me to put the portable a/c in bedroom for the night... i thought ow my aching back, then 20 minutes later i was thanking her. nice n ccol now... then she falls asleep on me!!!! so i went out and made some BHO.....

DSCN1409

that will teach her for falling asleep on me... punished with a half ounce of shatter!!!! hahaha

great to see ya man!!!!

Love the song I’ll have that in my head all night now .... better get to my grow ladies need my attention. 🤪

i love the guy at the end that says ya got my kids all up dancin, kickin out the windows.... that makes me laugh all the time!!!!

that dude big smo had a show on a cable network a few years back... some was funny most was corny...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
hey hey DJ!!!!! how ya been my brother? how the family?

having an off the wall warm night here... humid as hell... my woman asked me to put the portable a/c in bedroom for the night... i thought ow my aching back, then 20 minutes later i was thanking her. nice n ccol now... then she falls asleep on me!!!! so i went out and made some BHO.....

View attachment 979077

that will teach her for falling asleep on me... punished with a half ounce of shatter!!!! hahaha

great to see ya man!!!!

i love the guy at the end that says ya got my kids all up dancin, kickin out the windows.... that makes me laugh all the time!!!!

that dude big smo had a show on a cable network a few years back... some was funny most was corny...

I thought I recognised him I’m playing it loud and my neighbour's are laughing they know me to well . Cheers Stoney .

Doublej

Doublej

Were all well up here bro, been busy as hell the last few months, trying to figure out a way to recoup that money that the roofer took me for, friggin, lawn mower broke, been working on that POS for the last week, prolly just gonna buy a new one and be done with it.

Yeah was warm here today as well 75* plus witch is weird...

Good call on the BHO!! Be well buddy 👍

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey stoney , thanks for pointing out that one drops avatar looks like a chicken , i keep looking at it and my brain wont go that far ...... i just keep sayin , that looks like something , then i move on , now i see what it is ......

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Your cloner box is super full!!!🧐
Man sometimes I wish we lived closer to each other. When I dismantled my greenhouse I kept the door. A big 36" full glass storm door made with tempered glass. I keep debating with myself to either donate it since a Habitat For Humanity warehouse is a stones throw from me or actually use it but shit man weather is so warm here all the time I dont really need a g/house. This big ol fucker would be yours in a second if we were closer!
Nice wax run too man! 🤑

And oh yeah...OD's bud chicken is my spirit animal now🙃

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh I’d love that door it would fit so well on my little glass house build in my yard I just measured it up all I had to do is swing it , or you could get really funky and get some suitable paint and do a mural and set it out in your beautiful garden it would look stunning with some under lighting at night . Oh here’s the chook looking buds or heads as we call them and a uncanny likeness I found in a me back yard ....
84C2D72D 242B 43F3 A447 C227E2983046
The compost making machines , what can I say I love chooks .

501C7936 1EB6 40B6 AA4B CF534F51508E
GimpDaddy

GimpDaddy

Howdy Stoney! I dig your grew.
We have a handful of fruit trees too. 3 Apple trees, 3 Pear trees, and 2 Cherry.

love your greenhouse man! We’re doing a bunch of Superhots this year too. Reapers and Devil’s tongue, as well as some peter peppers and scotch bonnets and a few others.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

I thought I recognised him I’m playing it loud and my neighbour's are laughing they know me to well . Cheers Stoney .

it's the only way to play it, loud n proud!!!! my neighbor gets a kick out of too!!!!!!

Were all well up here bro, been busy as hell the last few months, trying to figure out a way to recoup that money that the roofer took me for, friggin, lawn mower broke, been working on that POS for the last week, prolly just gonna buy a new one and be done with it.

Yeah was warm here today as well 75* plus witch is weird...

Good call on the BHO!! Be well buddy 👍

damn lawnmowers!!!!!!! my buddy gave me his old mower when he knew i was having problems with my john deere... well the POS he gave me was nothing but a nightmare for two years!!!! over the winter i overhauled the green machine and now we are back to a good comfortable mower again!!! i even splurged for the mulching blades!!!! i'm really hoping it holds up... so yeah i feel your frustration man!!

we had a big storm roll through today to put the temps back in order... we went from 90 to 70 in about 20 minutes today!!! should be nice n cool for a few weeks yet!!

hopefully the grass stops growing for ya till ya get sorted out!!!!

keep your head up brother, it always gets better!!!!

Hey stoney , thanks for pointing out that one drops avatar looks like a chicken , i keep looking at it and my brain wont go that far ...... i just keep sayin , that looks like something , then i move on , now i see what it is ......

funny thing is dire wolf, just after i posted that i clicked on his avatar photo and realized the full photo looked nothing like a chicken!! i bet he was thinking whats this new idiot talking about?!?!?!hahahahaha bud sculpting???

but the optical illusion really does look like a chicken!!!!!!! haha

nice to meet ya!!!

Your cloner box is super full!!!🧐
Man sometimes I wish we lived closer to each other. When I dismantled my greenhouse I kept the door. A big 36" full glass storm door made with tempered glass. I keep debating with myself to either donate it since a Habitat For Humanity warehouse is a stones throw from me or actually use it but shit man weather is so warm here all the time I dont really need a g/house. This big ol fucker would be yours in a second if we were closer!
Nice wax run too man! 🤑

And oh yeah...OD's bud chicken is my spirit animal now🙃

i took three clones out of that box yesterday and i can't even tell!!!! hahaha but ya know all the roots are staying whiter than milk so i'm not in any hurry... that great white in the aerocloner has been a game changer on my roots. it doesn't make anything root faster or better but when the roots get long they stay really healthy!!!

ya know i have been collecting glass for a few years now, nothing dedicated at all... a few of my friends know i've been saving glass to build a real greenhouse so they let me know when something really nice comes along like your door... i have some here that are worth a grand a piece!!!! i was even given a few sliding glass doors, all complete too with nothing wrong with them. people were going to throw all of this away in the trash.... ridiculous!!!! one day i'll post a pic of sweet glass collection.

and bro i'm a bit surprised on the wax.... more than i originally thought, mostly trim too... i left it soak in the butane for five hours!!!

DSCN1413

have a great weekend brother!!!!!!! oh yeah i'll let ya know how the enchiladas turn out!!!!!!

Oh I’d love that door it would fit so well on my little glass house build in my yard I just measured it up all I had to do is swing it , or you could get really funky and get some suitable paint and do a mural and set it out in your beautiful garden it would look stunning with some under lighting at night . Oh here’s the chook looking buds or heads as we call them and a uncanny likeness I found in a me back yard .... View attachment 979288The compost making machines , what can I say I love chooks .

cutest things on four toes!!!!!!!!! hahaha my new chickens had a blast today. had their first watermelon, first thunderstorm, and the first time they walked into the garage... a whole new world for them!!!! they have been out free ranging for four or five days now and hey have been great. no problems getting them into the pen before the sun goes down or anything. they're starting to let me pick them up now too... now they just need to bring on the eggs!!!!!!!

man i like that idea of yours with animal house painting his glass and putting it in the garden, that would look very cool!!!! he could paint a chicken and barn on it!!! haha

Howdy Stoney! I dig your grew.
We have a handful of fruit trees too. 3 Apple trees, 3 Pear trees, and 2 Cherry.

love your greenhouse man! We’re doing a bunch of Superhots this year too. Reapers and Devil’s tongue, as well as some peter peppers and scotch bonnets and a few others.

nice to meet ya GimpDaddy, man fruit trees are the best!!! my aunt has a few cherry trees and i'm always over there taking them!!!! i wanted to buy a few more fruit trees this year but i missed out on buying them because i didn't go shopping around this spring with all the cooties and such... so next year i'm going to buy double!!!!!

i'd like to get some pears and some plums!!!!

and man i love me some scotch bonnets.. i had three of those last year and man they produced a lot pf peppers!!!!! i still have yet. normally i dry them, smoke them, then grind them up and put it in a pepper shaker and eat most of my hot peppers that way. so yeah i still have all of last years harvest ready to grind up!!!!

thanks for the kind words!!! have a great weekend!!!!!

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

got some more gardening done today... finished loading up my earthboxes. i have four of them, three modern and one that is the first model available. the modern ones are much easier to set up but once the soil is in there they're pretty much the same. sometimes the older one clogs up a little but i just have to poke a stick in it and it's fine...

DSCN1424

DSCN1427

DSCN1428

i also made a quick trellis... i'm gonna plant beans in those two... bush lake in one and kentucky pole in the other....

DSCN1429

something has been munching on my pepper leaves..... gotta do something about that!!!!!

DSCN1420

and a shot of the fluffy butts!!!!!!!!

DSCN1431

enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody!!!!!

any nascar fans tomorrow is bristol baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm a huge nascar fan but a little butt hurt because my favorite driver got fired on his day off a few weeks ago... i'll probably pick a rookie next year unless larson somehow gets back in it but i doubt he'll be in nascar ever again.

Top Bottom