Strains originating in Colorado

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Thanks mendel. Haven't been in touch with him since passing that cut back his way after he lost it. That cut yields like a mo-fo but is a bit too commercial for my tastes.

color me..."still lookin' "

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I just picked my keeper reeferman hashplant pheno. It smells like earthy hawaiian punch and brie. I need a new camera..

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

NICE, Sputnik. Thinking about popping some GFxHP beans...

another_sellout

another_sellout

This is Colorado strains, and I've got two to add.

Bubba Joe (Bubba Kush x KC Brains Mindbender) from the Springs area, and
Tiger Lily (G13 x Hogsbreath x Thai) from the Estes Park area.

Personally, I'm working on stabalizing an autoflowering plant with a respectable yield and more resin. The current effort is Diesel Ryder x The Hog, working title of "Hogwort's Express" because "Piglet" is even more childish. Maybe looking to integrate some of that Iranian Short Season x Chemdog that Dr. Greenthumb just dropped. That or Mountain Mist is also a strong contender, to help bulk up the cold weather weakness issues the Hog has added. The Hog is a spoiled strain, but what a sticky yielder! Anyone have input on Colorado outdoor flavors?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I ran my red columbian X afghani outdoor in my friends backyard in Denver a few years ago. It took until the 2nd week of October, we were lucky to not have a snowstorm wipe it out before it finished. I wouldn't try and run anything more than a 50% sativa outdoor unless it's a durban or other fast outdoor sativa cross (or you have a greenhouse). I would prefer a landrace afghani or other hardy frost resistant and fast indica to be bred into the mix. If you're up in the mountains, you really should be running an almost pure indica or it won't finish or will be ruined by frost/snow.

E

evo303

Anyone know what the story is behind the Hong Kong?

I heard it was a Colorado strain and I have been getting this for awhile but cant find any info on it.

F

FreakMont

I was also led to believe that autoflowering plants were not supposed to be cloned due to the fact that you dont control when they flower. and if that is true I cant imagine a ruderalis clone being any bigger than a foot tall.

F

Funkfingers

From what I know, hong kong is nothing more than a really nice pheno of Hindu Kush..

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

From what I know, hong kong is nothing more than a really nice pheno of Hindu Kush..

Glad to know that I'm not the only nerdy stoner loser online right now! I don't do shit on saturday nights, except tend my garden....maybe build shit....usually smoke a ton of weed either way....

EDIT: Not to imply that funk you are a nerdy stoner loser or anything....lol.....
:rauch08:

M

mendel

Anyone have input on Colorado outdoor flavors?

here is a partial list of strains weve finished outdoors here in co over the last few years.

ak 47
trainwreck
bubba kush
sweet tooth
various spg crosses
nebula
cherry lime rickey
west coast dog
original diesel
nycd
jackie o
cherry slyder
bubba dutch ssh
krystallica
humboldt snow
airborne g13
abusive og and crosses thereof
herijuana
white russian

There are more, but I cant remember them off the top of my head. There is a product from reemay called frost blanket, which we use to cover plants if needbe. it protects them to 6 degrees below freezing (around 26). I have taken plants to the 20th of oct with this fabric. We also grow under shadeclothe to prevent hail damage.

Plants definitely do not have to be mostly indica to finish in co. many strains flourish in our climate. For many years we had no pm in co, until dirty clones started making there way here from cali. Now the crap is commonplace.

sky high

sky high

yo mendel.

I see some familiar stuff on that list that kind folks from another forum sent my way . Sharin is carin..... ;-)

It should be said that the 3-5F temp drop for every 1K of elevation gained definitely makes a huge difference in "what" you can get to finish here in CO.

Up here in the hills (7250ft.) you really need a GH to extend the season past mid-September on most years. In my small polycarb GH I was able to make it to Nov 1 last year...but the folks growing unprotected were shut down in early Sept. by a hard freeze.

Agreed on the PM. Never heard of it here until last year. Yikes.

I hope Mom Nature treats ya well this summer....

s h

M

mendel

Sky I had a friend take plants to oct 15 in the BV area (8500'?) with the frost blanket. It is great stuff.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I was also led to believe that autoflowering plants were not supposed to be cloned due to the fact that you dont control when they flower. and if that is true I cant imagine a ruderalis clone being any bigger than a foot tall.

ruderalis doesn't have a vegetative period, although I have read that guerilla's gusto is an autoflower that's cloneable as it flowers once it hits about 2ft tall (it supposedly flowers according to plant size).

Look up exel LG for PM, systemic organic fungicide.

Mendel, the sativas need to be relatively quick from my experience. Some African, Indian, and South American sativas come to mind. It is possible at lower elevations (>6,000ft) but you'll probably need protection of some sort. Forget it at anything 7,000+ that lacks protection. Like S H said, mid-sept usually limits you to an indica.

What's the SPG lineage? I've got reeferman's GF ((SPG X C99) X SPG) and I love it. One's going outside this week.

M

mendel

SPG is sweet pink grapefruit. Its the mother of sweet tooth from SOL, as well as innumerable other crosses.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Wrong forum for all of this, but who said anything about cloning a rudy?

Guerilla's Gusto's no auto flower, and even the website bills it as a late September finish. Macho sounding defences against the elements, though. Rambo's even later a finish, but Mountain Mist looks solid. As does Iranian Short Season.

Iranian Short Season is considered auto flowering however it's not a ruderalis, and mothers and clones kept under 24 hours of light from the day they're popped will not auto flower. There's a whole grip of forums with successful examples of this on The Farm here. So far, that's the only strain that will flower outside whenever no matter what and clone. Even crosses of it flower sooner, not auto. Great yielding four foot phenos as well. Only available fem, though. Smart move by Dr. Greenthumb, there.

Great advice on the land race recommendation, but I'm wanting to build on a more resinous base. Breeding seed takes a long time and I want to eliminate that concern, as well as a dozen others that growers have also worked and documented. The springboard is there, why not use it?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

SPG is sweet pink grapefruit. Its the mother of sweet tooth from SOL, as well as innumerable other crosses.

so, is it an indica or sativa? What are the base strains used to create the SPG? where did it come from? It's clone only, but???

Rudy don't clone.. I want that on a shirt!

M

mendel

so, is it an indica or sativa? What are the base strains used to create the SPG? where did it come from? It's clone only, but???

Rudy don't clone.. I want that on a shirt!

Its an indica, it came from canada. For the rest of the story youll have to find steve....;)

F

Funkfingers

Glad to know that I'm not the only nerdy stoner loser online right now! I don't do shit on saturday nights, except tend my garden....maybe build shit....usually smoke a ton of weed either way....

EDIT: Not to imply that funk you are a nerdy stoner loser or anything....lol.....
:rauch08:

You got me... Unfortunately, I rarely go out and do anything anymore.:anim_19:

Latest posts

Top Bottom