Strange discoloration : ( plz help me

• Thread starter J3rryswinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Woke up this morning to see the tops of my plants looking like this 😞. It sure what’s going on, I did buy a new HLG 600 r spec on Black Friday and it’s sitting a little close to the plants, I’m thinking it’s from that? Also I defoliated yesterday

Strange discoloration   plz help me
Strange discoloration   plz help me 2
Strange discoloration   plz help me 3
Strange discoloration   plz help me 4
Strange discoloration   plz help me 5
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Enforcer

Enforcer

I originally had these girls in a 3x3 with a Mars Hydro FC 3000 which is a 300 watt LED. I moved them into a 4x4 in the first week of flower and on Black Friday I bought the HLG 600 R Spec

That’s kinda what I thought. You have made a classic grower mistake. Don’t feel bad, I did it too.

The new HLG light you got will blow that Mars hydro light out of the water, by quite a lot. Your plants were not accustomed to light that intense. The result is hyper transpiration (aka light burn). The good news is it’s a relatively easy fix. I recommend putting the light on its lowest setting and raising up to 30” from the canopy. That should get you in the proper PAR range and increase the intensity as they grow. The bad news is I’m not sure your plants will recover. Light burn is hard on a plant and sometimes they just stop growing. Good luck 👍

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Im gonna limp them across the finish line regardless.. I was pretty sure it was a deficiency compounded with the light stress... I guess now I know better for next time 😖😖 it is only the front plant(biggest one) that looks like this, the other 2 in the back are vibrant green and smell amazing

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

I’m sure it didn’t help that I stripped a shit load of leaves off like a fkn idiot thinking the more light they get the bigger the buds will get... 🤦‍♂️ smh

Top Bottom