Strange disease, please help I.D.

• Thread starter octobear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

octobear

Hello.

This is my 4th year growing. I live in a very humid valley on the Oregon Coast.

My cannabis plants have some sort of disease or nutritional deficiency.

I grew them out to show how bad it is. It affects them very early.

Any idea what it could possibly be?

Every plant I've grown has shown at least signs of it-- auto flowers and photo period.

Strange disease please help id
Strange disease please help id 2
Strange disease please help id 3
Strange disease please help id 4
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

what medium do you use , may be your soil is contaminated by something.

More than 100 microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, virus, etc.) can cause disease in cannabis. In many studies conducted; hemp streak virus (HSV), hemp mosaic virus (HMV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) have been reported to cause diseases in hemp varieties. Also, tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV), tobacco streak virus (TSV), tomato ringspot virus (TomRSV), eunoymous ringspot virus (ERSV), elm mosaic virus (EMV), and foxtail mosaic virus (FMV) are isolated from hemp plants. In recent years, studies on cannabis viruses have reported that beet curly top virus (BCTV) and lettuce chlorosis virus (LCV) infect cannabis plants.

your look a a little like witche's broom on hemp, while yours seem healthier thans plant affected with witche's broom. but the growth seem similar.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t forget HLVD! If it happens every grow, I would consider not reusing anything! New soil, new pots, new genetics, maybe even new water! And sterilize all the hardware! I think most of this stuff is contagious! So you have to treat it as so. And it looks like you have a little powdery mildew also. But that is probably the least of your worries! Just two cents! Good luck. You don’t want to be hauling it around with you from grow to grow!

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Or look for labs that offer testing kits or kits to send samples in with! I don’t even know if they exist!

O

octobear

what medium do you use , may be your soil is contaminated by something.

More than 100 microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, virus, etc.) can cause disease in cannabis. In many studies conducted; hemp streak virus (HSV), hemp mosaic virus (HMV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) have been reported to cause diseases in hemp varieties. Also, tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV), tobacco streak virus (TSV), tomato ringspot virus (TomRSV), eunoymous ringspot virus (ERSV), elm mosaic virus (EMV), and foxtail mosaic virus (FMV) are isolated from hemp plants. In recent years, studies on cannabis viruses have reported that beet curly top virus (BCTV) and lettuce chlorosis virus (LCV) infect cannabis plants.

your look a a little like witche's broom on hemp, while yours seem healthier thans plant affected with witche's broom. but the growth seem similar.

Thank you for the reply. I use soil. I've used a lot of different soils and always had the problem.

I think other plants in the valley have the same issue, not just my cannabis.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t see very many people growing right on the coast in Norcal either! Usually they have to go 15 or 20 miles in. To get to the banana belt. Maybe the air is a little too salty? Some places just don’t have a suitable environment for growing outdoors! Hope you can figure it out! Although the redwoods don’t seem to have a problem with it!😄

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Thank you for the reply. I use soil. I've used a lot of different soils and always had the problem.

I think other plants in the valley have the same issue, not just my cannabis.

if many plants got the issue i'd say either you soil or your water is contaminated by something, it will be hard to find what exactly.

some bugs can also cary some diseases from plant to plant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom