stress early in growth results in hermaphrodites?

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

hey all,

ok so this was super noob of me but i accidently dropped a seedling flat of feminized seeds approximately 18 days old. alot of them keeled over and you could see the white part of their stems where the stalk meets the roots, none could stand up properly.

anyways.... this was right before transplanting and i was wondering if it could potentially cause hermaphrodites later down the road. personally i have had a 0% history of hermies but this accidently obviously stressed them a little bit, no damage was done to the actual plant, it just looked like they were dug up kinda. as you can tell im a bit worried but i think its all good.

what do you guys think lol. by the way the strain is mango by kc brains.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I think you should be good because of how early this stress was, if they make it they should pop back in no time. Have you ran these feminized seeds before? I'm not too familiar w/ the strain, or feminized strains in general. Do feminized seeds have more chance of hermy? If I'm not mistaken feminized seeds are made through a forced hermieing of the parent. Usually induced by a spray.

Chobble

Chobble

I think you should be good because of how early this stress was, if they make it they should pop back in no time. Have you ran these feminized seeds before? I'm not too familiar w/ the strain, or feminized strains in general. Do feminized seeds have more chance of hermy? If I'm not mistaken feminized seeds are made through a forced hermieing of the parent. Usually induced by a spray.

^^ Pretty much that. It really depends on the strains, I've heard good things about KC? but I never use Feminized seeds. It shouldnt affect the plant in any detrimental way, just watch for bannas when you flip to flower, As you should anyways with fem.

Chobble

B

Burned Haze

google/thfarmer search around about feminized seeds, cause it's all over the board/radar about hermies and feminized seeds.
It's all about watching daily on ur plants, EXP the first round on hermies/Vulnerabilities to pests and disease. Ive seen feminized seeds only put out 1 ball and it was 2nd week of flower. But zero after that! However ive always seen sterile sacks (100's of em) and be the dankest pheno, But with how many good genes, NO REASON TO waste ur cash on feminized bullshit.

truth is that 50% of the battle is the environment and other is Genetics in growing. Sucks to hear that ur seeds might be whack but the whole fem/dutch scene has really pissed on whole scene by putting out these unstable genetics to the public and acting like feminizing is the future? What you expect when you force hermie a plant and then use it's pollen?

Only breeder i've ever used feminized seeds that never had any issues is barney farms, But with how many good breeders who are out there and for reasonable price for stable and wonderful genetics. always research the breeder and specific strains ( journal, threads,ect)

Hope that helps and keep your head up.

-BH

F

FruitOfTheLabor

dont wana spoil it but.. ive ran Mango.. Mindbender... KC x brazil.. and spotanica .. and so far.. everything but the spotanica hermied during the 4th week.. so ive tossed em.. i kept a mango i recieved via a clone seller i know.. and i think it mite be a cross of bcmango and kc mango.. kuz its way better then all other mangos ive seeen.. i am done running KC Brains gear.. it all hermies like a mofo.. and i cant stand it .

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I grew mango for years and loved it. Great strain! Especially outdoors, it's a monster!

Anyway, you should be fine. I wouldn't sweat it bro. No offense but your kind of being a worried mother with this question.

As far as fem seeds go, if you're not a breeder, and don't plan on breeding the genetics you're working with, fem is a very good choice. Especially for newer growers that stand the highest chance of getting more males from regs. It's really popular to hate on fem seeds right now because they are fairly new to the industry and people are always afraid of change. I have popped hundreds of fem seeds and I honestly don't notice them turn hermie any more than regular seeds. Personally I have had more hermies from Rezdog, BOG and TGA regular seeds than any fem seeds. The dankest strains in my garden right now came from fem seeds by DNA/Reserva Privada, OG Raskal and Cali Connection.

I love fem seeds. Good luck with your mangos!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Two people said they heard good things about KC, someone else said most of them hermie. I hear alot of bad things about Green House like hermies, non-viable seeds, ect., but I have never had a problem with there seeds and I get at least 9/10 to germ and never any hermies. Yes genetics are important but it also has alot to do with the grower. That lil stress early in there life should not make them hermie, as long as you treat them with care more than likely they will be fine. Good luck!

G

globe_toker

thanks for the input guys!

haha yea, you're right GTB. i was kind of acting like a worried mother.

Top Bottom