Stretching Questions

• Thread starter dmshayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dmshayne

dmshayne

Hello all, I knew my plant had started stretching but I did not know that it would stretch this fast. .

Strain: Landrace - Swazi
Type: Sativa

Should I let her grow or should I use various methods of reducing the stretching?

The first photo and second photo represent a three day difference..

The third picture is of the canopy now

Stretching questions
Stretching questions 2
Stretching questions 3
G gnome

G gnome

When ppl refer to stretching we mean when a plant is in the first cpl weeks of flower once a plant has been flipped to a 12/12 light schedule. ...

dmshayne

dmshayne

Well, then ya dont have as many options for keepin the height down....i dont reco toppin em in flower. ...best u can do is tie em down....
I heard topping in flower causes stress in a plant and may create problems. Do you think a SOG could be used?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I heard topping in flower causes stress in a plant and may create problems. Do you think a SOG could be used?
All you can do is LST (low stress training) at this point. Looks like you have plenty of room for stretch. Idk what you are using for light?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Here's a chart I follow. From what I've been told and what I go by is around 5k lumen for veg and 10k lumen for flower works great for me. If I get any closer it starts to get light/heat burn.
Screenshot 2016 02 16 18 53 17

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

IMAG0138
I'm currently running an auto in dwc, I don't like to really call it a scrog. But more training with a net. I'm pretty gentle with the autos. I get really rough with autos while I'm still in veg that way they can recover. Then I flip them after they recover. I just did a light trim and train. She's 4wks old. And about 36" wide

Top Bottom