StrikeitRich's Workshop

• Thread starter StrikeitRich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StrikeitRich

What should i be looking into, Ill call in the morning, but what should i do about it here in the home?

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

What should i be looking into, Ill call in the morning, but what should i do about it here in the home?

Hey bro I know for a fact i'm running more gear than you just from our talks and my bill only runs around 300 a month. The only thing I can think of is some municipal power company's jack your rates way up if you run during the day they call it peak and off peak rate. In my area we are allowed 600w per hour at 11.7 cents p/kw after that it goes to a 17.4 cents p/kw rate. I don't know if that helps but to me it seems like you might have a power thief.

S

StrikeitRich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K i spoke with consumers, and after being transfered around for a while. I finally got the number for the department that sets up ur peak on or off peak hours.

K my rate was .07$ Kwh for the first 600KwH then .16$ every Kwh after that for the months of July to September.

So now i set up this Peak on off thing, and my rate is this. 0.11$ Kwh during Peak on hours and its .06$ Kwh on non Peak hours. The only thing is i got to do this for a whole year so even in winter i need to watch this.

God im glad i got this shit worked out now.

WHy consumers told me that bullshit in the beginging i dont know.

I used 3500ish Kwh in the month of July. my bill was 549 dollars. Now that im on this Peak hours plan i should be in the money.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

Installed

K withe my lights and everything running, Including this Window AC unit, I am using less then what my Central Air uses to run solo........

Picture_00122.jpg

This should make my usage a little more efficient.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

Third Week Flowering

@14 days of Flowering Completed

Apollo 13 BX (Short Pheno)

Picture_00812.jpg
Picture_00911.jpg

Picture_00320.jpg
Picture_00420.jpg

Ogiesel (Pheno #2) @ 14 days of Flowering completed

I wish all my photos looked this good.

Picture_00611.jpg
Picture_00712.jpg

The Ogiesels are looking mighty fine, and the Apollos are killing it this round check out the canapy.

Picture_01011.jpg
Picture_0114.jpg

I got the funds together to get the balast tommorrow, but i still gotta come up with 50 more bucks to get the hood, so i should be good in a day or two, I also need to wait till this damn electric compony comes to put in my digital electrical meter, and switch me to Peak hour ratings before i plug it in to run.... Sucks but hell. .16$ Kwh is toooooo darn expensive for my blud. Ill wait to get the .05$ Kwh rate to turn the other light on.

The window air unit is working so fuzzing good, at night temps usually are around 70 degrees f. so it just runs fan only all night and my numbers look like so.

Picture_0137.jpg

Wheeewww.... Almost time to sit back and watch the flowers grow, Again. Lol.

Ohh yeah and Illegal Aliens # 3, 4, 7 are all above soil. 8-11 for #3, and 8-12 for #4, 7.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

8-14 Update

Gave my mothers a good hair cut and transplanted the Salmon Creek Kush to the 5 gallon buckets in prep to move to flowering to sex.

BottmLft.jpg
8-141.jpg

The Illegal ALiens have 5 above soil # 9 came up on 8-13 and #6 came in this morning 8-14!

8-14.jpg

Everything is smooth sailing thus far, hoping to keep it that way.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

OGR's Wi Fi

So excited about these babies. Should be popping these as soon as i got my Aliens sexed out and my numbers are squared away.

Picture3.jpg

Should be one hell of a next grow planning on poppin all in one run with the females from the single pack of "Illegal ALiens"

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

Everything is lookin good S i R, glad you got that electricity thing worked out...sounds like you are going to be a busy farmer with your new babies.

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

S

StrikeitRich

More than i am aware at this point im sure. lol.

Ty for ur good vibes.

Peace,
S i R

Everything is lookin good S i R, glad you got that electricity thing worked out...sounds like you are going to be a busy farmer with your new babies.

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

click80

click80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K i spoke with consumers, and after being transfered around for a while. I finally got the number for the department that sets up ur peak on or off peak hours.

K my rate was .07$ Kwh for the first 600KwH then .16$ every Kwh after that for the months of July to September.

So now i set up this Peak on off thing, and my rate is this. 0.11$ Kwh during Peak on hours and its .06$ Kwh on non Peak hours. The only thing is i got to do this for a whole year so even in winter i need to watch this.

God im glad i got this shit worked out now.

WHy consumers told me that bullshit in the beginging i dont know.

I used 3500ish Kwh in the month of July. my bill was 549 dollars. Now that im on this Peak hours plan i should be in the money.

Peace,
S i R

Right on mofo...cool...im really stoked that shit worked out bro. I was really worried you wouldnt be able to get them to give you good info. Very Very Cool...yeah you would not believe how much i save man. I just got my meter read today so I also went an got the numbers off the meter...its digital, and my bill this month will be about 150. Regular rate would have been hitting 5-600 bucks...damn, that really made my evening, i like it you got that shit straight...it sounded like they were screwing around with you...

yeah, I was shadowing the thread to see if you got it, I was gonna hit you back to see if I could help, actually thats what I was doing on here now, but I see you finally talked to the right person..

oh, just went back and read some stuff, so you are getting a digi elect meter? cool, on mine it cycles between 6 readings that it keeps flashing through..1st one is the date, then time in 24 hour/military style, then the "A" rate (peak), then B rate (off peak), then total hours of both, then a serial number. I doubt it will be the same as yours but it may be, i am telling ya cause you can tell how much juice your using by the hour and see if you have something you are not aware of eating up a bunch of hours...if you have any questions hit me with a pm...

very cool, and whatever that shit your growing in the tent...keep it up, looks great man...lolol

S

StrikeitRich

Ty

Ty, Yeah bro its sick what rates u got locked in. I'd luv that shit, but i cannot complain .06$Kwh is not to shabby. Sorta feel a fool for not looking into it sooner, ohhh well lesson learned. LOL.

Ty for the complament. I do enjoy every minute in my garden, Sorta my secret luver that my wifey is okay with me dating... lol.

How is everything on ur side of the states? How ur run turn out on u? I remember there being allot of green on them tabels, Shit they should be bout ready now huh??

Throw up a pic if u got ne!:sign0005:

Luv to see dedication at its finest! Keep on Rocken out there in them Rockies!

Peace,
S i R

click80

click80

Ty, Yeah bro its sick what rates u got locked in. I'd luv that shit, but i cannot complain .06$Kwh is not to shabby. Sorta feel a fool for not looking into it sooner, ohhh well lesson learned. LOL.

Ty for the complament. I do enjoy every minute in my garden, Sorta my secret luver that my wifey is okay with me dating... lol.

How is everything on ur side of the states? How ur run turn out on u? I remember there being allot of green on them tabels, Shit they should be bout ready now huh??

Throw up a pic if u got ne!:sign0005:

Luv to see dedication at its finest! Keep on Rocken out there in them Rockies!

Peace,
S i R

hell no, .06 is great man...if you can cut your bill by half, shit thats proper...

Yeah i got that one under control, I figured out with those bbcheese its genetic..i thought i did something to make em stretch like that but it was, imo, it was that there is a certain time to hit them with certain things, and I feel this goes for any plant, in order to maximize the genetics you got to run em till you know em. I know these bbc peak point on veg time now, next time i will do it again but the will be trimmed before hitting em with 12/12. But I also know if you veg much past that, they get winded at the end and you cant maximize trichomes. So yeah its like running a race car. It has certain points where it peaks in power and you gotta learn it..I learned a very big lesson on this past grow...yep..Still got .80 gm/wt....and they are already chopped, i am getting ready to chop some Deathstar.....im drowning the roots now...I dont know if you ever heard of doing that...it gets them to cure through fermentation. If you google "the truth about flushing" the first link that comes up is by a guy called Riddleme and he is onto a good thing..lotta people are doing it and liking it...me for one...I get a real good trichome blush out of it...but I also hit them with Alfalfa tea right before i start this process..the alfalfa has a natural hormone in it that sort of like a shot of speed to them girls...works real good on gooey strains like deathstar..yeah i will take some pics in morning...peace

S

StrikeitRich

8-16 upgrades complete

UPgrades

Picture_00422.jpg

Hopin this makes my 8 X 4 tent happy!

I'll be adding this when lights flip on tonight.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

@ Click80

GREAT analagy on that! I was actually reading into "the truth about flushing" Ty for reminding me to pull it back up. I put the article into my favorites. PM me a link if u get a second. I'll also google the aticle ur talking about if i can find it. lol.

Where u get ur source Alfalfa Tea, Ill ask Josh at my Hydro store bout it and check it out, Yeah i dont think flushing is given the proper attention it desearves I never understood why u would FLUSh with 10Xs the gallons the plant can healthily absorbe. I know flushing out ur plants is totally different when talking soil and hydro, but i think that is why soil is soooo much better then hydro too.

Fermenting the roots..... NIce ill give multiple things a try this round i got 11 plants to play with instead of only 4!

Always good to see u round these necks of the woods click80, and im looking forward to them pics.

Peace,
S i R

Edit: That is one hell of a good article Riddleme brook it down much easier then the article i was reading, shit it was like 100pages the one i was reading.

That shit is so sick, the example with the apple orchard that was flooded and had extra broken down sugars or the begining of fermentation started in a live plant. NICE! This should take a week or so off the cure prosess, and add sticky icky ickyness:animal0012:. Also I did try removing the air on one of my plants last run for about 4 days before chop, now that its been cured about a month The Jars from that plant are a little smoother.. Nice. The only thing is i didnt realize how bad the leaves all wilt and start to die sorta when u do this, Pre Harvest Hair cuts are recomended... And the best example i can see about flushing is the immobile elements the ones that cannont move through the Phylum, i think it was, Those are IMMOBILE in other words..... U CANNOT FLUSH THEM AWAY! And all we are doing when we dry and cure is a fermentation process of sorts so a jump start on that should be a welcomed tidbit of info. Ty for the resources click80. I Wish i could give u more +Rep, but i already did so ill have to spread some wealth and hit u back.:cool0044:

S

StrikeitRich

Ready to turn it up a notch?

Picture_00124.jpg

Calling Consumers Energy tommorrow to see what the hold up is on getting switched over....

Super Happy and Stoked at this moment!

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

New Meter Installed!!!!

Ohhhh Man am i happy bout this, what great timeing these guys got. Lights and i mean plural yeah, 2000Watts, up and running smooth!

:evilgrin

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

8-19 Updates

Moved My Mothers and the two small Ogiesels out of the garden. Lets just say they are all in safe hands. So i now have my full T5 bay for the ALiens only. Tonight ill only be running 2 of the 6 bulbs to cut back on heat and allow the soil to stay moist longer. It is allot easier to have all ur plants the same canapy highth under the T5 bay.

The Salmon Clone is doing good. Plant is rooted and soil was added to the cup.

The Illegal ALiens are still 5 above soil and moved out of dome the rest still are below soil and in the dome.

A quick question. I was curious how to set up my vent fan. i got 2 hoods and a scrubber should i put the vent fan atop the scrubber and blow through the hoods or should i set it up to suck air through all my equiptment and blow air into my attic?

Peace,
S i R

click80

click80

I use 5 cups alfalfa to 10 gallons water then brew for 48 hours then dilute to 15 gallons finished, but here is a link so you can read up yourself. I use as a root drench.

I am pretty new to teas and don't want to screw you up...plus this link is to a recipe for 32 gallons so I reduced it and I DO NOT add the epson salts..I like to be very careful i dont get ratios wrong and i feel if you start adding nutes here and there you can lose track.

I also bought a Bountea brewing system. I think Bountea is just a fancy way to do Earthworm Casting Tea but with the added benefit of a prepackaged bioactivator that provides a balanced mixture of enzymes and bacteria to the end product/tea.

I am mainly using this for my moms, but will also innoculate my next run (coco mix) with this to get some good root bennies established. I am still dialing all this in so please research this out and see what you think first. Root science is really complex and i think some people just buy shit and throw it in without first learning all the different aspects and interelationships of beneficials. I don't mean you of course...haha

Also I use the Bountea tea as a foliar spray also, I found out that the microbes on the leaves act as a pest barrier and either stick on the leave or actually can inoculate the leaf with a self sustaining web of microbes...i am still learning all this stuff like i mentioned..i ordered a book on Soil Science and it covers a bunch of this stuff...these books that arent that popular are super expensive, this one called Soil Enzymology was 165 bucks, but books last forever...if you treat em right...haha

Here are two links to the flushing thing...I just finished my deathstar today with this and they yellowed out really nice, no stress at all and i am very happy with trichomes...i feel there are definitely more than on previous runs with the DStar.

http://www.invalid.com/general-marijuana-growing/409622-truth-about-flushing.html

http://www.invalid.com/harvesting-curing/146512-harvesting-curing-drying-take-back.html

I am trying to get my camera back yet again..a "friend" keeps borrowing it and she just moved so i think i am screwed on a camera for a few weeks...

anyway good luck...

Latest posts

Top Bottom