Striped curling leaves

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

A few of my plants in veg. Are having a little leaf proboem. Curling up with stripes and light browning. PH kept between 5.6-6.1 DWC. changing nuts once a week.. Drinking water fast so was filling up in middle of week. Was filling up with regulat nutes but saw the ppms rising when i did that which was telling me it wasnt drinking the nutes so since then I started topping off in middle of week with straight water. Using the cyco nutes.. Grow, dr repair, zyme, B1 boost. Main issue is on the older mother plants.. Using t5 lights 24hrs temp stays netween 72-78..

Striped curling leaves
Striped curling leaves 2
Striped curling leaves 3
Striped curling leaves 4
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

how long you been doing this,them plants look hungry as hell,when you seen the rise in the res,did you check it a couple days in a row to see if you just did something wrong,or just asume,my thought and the way my water is,it does what the hell it wants,and maybe you didnt check a meter or somthing and stopped the nutes in the middle of week,id think you feed them all the time in water,if you had to lay back a little so be it,but just water alone as a top off,ahh

hydro8139

hydro8139

how long you been doing this,them plants look hungry as hell,when you seen the rise in the res,did you check it a couple days in a row to see if you just did something wrong,or just asume,my thought and the way my water is,it does what the hell it wants,and maybe you didnt check a meter or somthing and stopped the nutes in the middle of week,id think you feed them all the time in water,if you had to lay back a little so be it,but just water alone as a top off,ahh
My first round here.. Im positive on ppm beacuse when I added the 2nd batch of waterband nutes in middle off week ppm was doubled the next next and the day after it was like 1600

chemistry

chemistry

How far is your pot above your water? You may have a bit of root rot in the center of your root ball.

hydro8139

hydro8139

That top section was out of the water last few day untill today. Water change day so it was low

chemistry

chemistry

I like my pots an inch or more above the water, or I find my plants struggle, like a slow drowning, I like only the roots in the water, and the stem out.

hydro8139

hydro8139

I like my pots an inch or more above the water, or I find my plants struggle, like a slow drowning, I like only the roots in the water, and the stem out.
My stems are about 2 inches about the bottom of the pot. In a mini 3" cup

hydro8139

hydro8139

My stems are about 2 inches about the bottom of the pot. In a mini 3" cup
They eat so much water so fast I find myself being down to a cpl inches of water in a 5 gal bucket 3 days after filling. Should I be filling it back with full nutes water? Im pre mixing the water in another 5 gal bucket. To get mixture right

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Something is either locking out calcium and magnesium, or you arent feeding it enough. The brown spotting is the Ca- and the stripes are the Mg-.

What are you using for starting water? What's the ppm and ph of the water on it's own?

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

High PH can lockout calcium. Don't trust digital 100%. Calibrate often and have backup methods to check ph. Otherwise roots look fine.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Something is either locking out calcium and magnesium, or you arent feeding it enough. The brown spotting is the Ca- and the stripes are the Mg-.

What are you using for starting water? What's the ppm and ph of the water on it's own?
Ph is between 5.6-6.1 typically. Ppm starts around 1000 then it'll rise ive slowly tried backing nutes off because it'll go from 1000 to 14-1500 in the matter of a cpl nights. I'll add just water to top off and it still rises? Maybe a nutrients lock out cause by to much? Using tap water which is about 240 to start

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

The water supply is the next question for me. Is it tap? Is it filtered? There's not a water softener involved? Cal-Mag comes up a lot at this point. Filtered water has none. Tap water has plenty, but is also called 'hard' because of it. As far as Magnesium plain Epsom salt works. Many growers add as much as a heaping table spoon per gallon. As far as calcium, if growing in soil Dolomite lime stone is my favorite. If doing a hydroponic system, using filtered water, or 'soft' water that has little to no dissolved solids or calcium, I'd get some Cal-Mag to try and see. Until that can happen, start a new nutrient batch stat, and get it ready as soon as you can. Maybe even mix it 10% heavier to try and mitigate until the Cal-Mag solution can happen. Throw some lime stone into it possibly.... There's leaf diagnosis pics you can find to help find your problem.

hydro8139

hydro8139

The water supply is the next question for me. Is it tap? Is it filtered? There's not a water softener involved? Cal-Mag comes up a lot at this point. Filtered water has none. Tap water has plenty, but is also called 'hard' because of it. As far as Magnesium plain Epsom salt works. Many growers add as much as a heaping table spoon per gallon. As far as calcium, if growing in soil Dolomite lime stone is my favorite. If doing a hydroponic system, using filtered water, or 'soft' water that has little to no dissolved solids or calcium, I'd get some Cal-Mag to try and see. Until that can happen, start a new nutrient batch stat, and get it ready as soon as you can. Maybe even mix it 10% heavier to try and mitigate until the Cal-Mag solution can happen. Throw some lime stone into it possibly.... There's leaf diagnosis pics you can find to help find your problem.
All tap water so those shouldnt be the issue but I am lost. I do notice ppms go up and up think i am over doing that end itll start around 1000 then go up to 14-1500 then I'll top with oh balanced water and it'll go down and turn around and go right back up

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

Also, when you add 'just water' make sure it's PH balanced water.

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

PPM is just a measure of dissolved solids. Pars Per Million of disolved solids. It's nice to know for fine tuning, but not for the closet grower. And will only be an issue if your tap is too hard for some strange reason. This will happen regionally.

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

I target 5.8 and let it slide to 6.4 before getting nervous. Having checked refrences it does look as a Calcium/Magnesium deficiency. Again, PH, and or actual available nutrients may be the cause. I am a hobby/enthusiet grower and take no responsibility for the action of others.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Adding back that tap water only is going to throw the ratio of nutrients all out of whack. You should add back only RO or balanced ferts to hydroponic systems. Any top up of nutrients has to be balanced, you cant just give it 240-250ppm of who knows what from the tap.

What I would suggest is cut the starting water with RO to bring it down to 150ppm, and lower the overall ppm of solution to 750-800ppm and top up with either RO water or full strength nutrient solution to keep it in the target ppm range. Keep up like that until you change the res.

The plant will tell you if it wants more or less by either dropping ppm with full strength top ups, or rising in ppm. Adjust accordingly.

Top Bottom