Striped curling leaves

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

Adding back that tap water only is going to throw the ratio of nutrients all out of whack. You should add back only RO or balanced ferts to hydroponic systems. Any top up of nutrients has to be balanced, you cant just give it 240-250ppm of who knows what from the tap.

What I would suggest is cut the starting water with RO to bring it down to 150ppm, and lower the overall ppm of solution to 750-800ppm and top up with RO water for the first couple days until you see the ppm dropping instead of rising, then top up with 750-800 ppm nutrient solution for the rest of the week, or until you see ppm rising again, then switch back to RO for top up, etc etc. Keep up like that until you change the res.
Hard to change with RO. on straight DWC. I dont have an in home filter and im running 9 plants

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hard to change with RO. on straight DWC. I dont have an in home filter and im running 9 plants
my local grocery sells 5 gal bottle for a few bucks,and the machine i fill um with right outside,1.75 for 5 gal,mix that with your tap water and things will turn around for you like dirt bag said,i had same problem but was outdoors doing same thing,with rise and fall,i was using tap water,when i finally figured it out that was what was spiking my mix,so went down and got 6/5 gal bottles of ro water filled the 33 gal can grow,ph and ppm was perfect,had 6.0 ph 850ppm after i added my cal nit,mag sul,feed,perfect,but 2 days later went to spiking on me again,so a friend here aqua man suggest,get some potassium bicarbonate,i did,but first off i had to rinse the roots real good and give the plant and 33 gal of water a shot of hydro guard,that straighten it right up,when it stablized i then used the bicarbonate to keep my ph were i wanted it and when ph is ideal at 6.0 i was then able to bump up my feed to 1000 and hold it there,every 2 days i had to top off the can ,but always with the same mix as the begging ,just had to do some math and break every thing down to a small scale and for 5 gal of feed each time,but never did i just add water and have any luck

hydro8139

hydro8139

my local grocery sells 5 gal bottle for a few bucks,and the machine i fill um with right outside,1.75 for 5 gal,mix that with your tap water and things will turn around for you like dirt bag said,i had same problem but was outdoors doing same thing,with rise and fall,i was using tap water,when i finally figured it out that was what was spiking my mix,so went down and got 6/5 gal bottles of ro water filled the 33 gal can grow,ph and ppm was perfect,had 6.0 ph 850ppm after i added my cal nit,mag sul,feed,perfect,but 2 days later went to spiking on me again,so a friend here aqua man suggest,get some potassium bicarbonate,i did,but first off i had to rinse the roots real good and give the plant and 33 gal of water a shot of hydro guard,that straighten it right up,when it stablized i then used the bicarbonate to keep my ph were i wanted it and when ph is ideal at 6.0 i was then able to bump up my feed to 1000 and hold it there,every 2 days i had to top off the can ,but always with the same mix as the begging ,just had to do some math and break every thing down to a small scale and for 5 gal of feed each time,but never did i just add water and have any luck
So you think mixing the to water with the tap will be efficient enough?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So you think mixing the to water with the tap will be efficient enough?
i do,my well water is 7.2 ph and 315 pp out the well,i cut that water with ro water and got my ppm down to 100 and did fine making up the rest ,when said and done and just buy looking at the trash can,about 1/3 rd of can was well water,the rest was ro ,once i acheived the fill of the can ,all i had to do is top off from there on,before i went in hospital the can hadnt been refreshed or clean in over a month,sitting outside in triple digit weather,i kept the hydro guard in there working and all was good,when my ph dropped i rasied it with the bicarbonate,i used the cheaper method of the master blend recipe to achieve all this.
when i topped off every couple days i used same method 1/3 rd tap water and rest ro ,but before filling thebucket completely up i added my nutes and metered every thing and was more focused on what ppm i was running,i was growing watermelon in the can and tried to hold 1000ppm,most times when i finished adding the water to bucket my ph was perfect and i made the ppm were i wanted it,dump the bitch in the trash can and moved on,damn thing sucked down some feed and water in 2 days outdoors im telling ya.
also have high hopes of pulling it off again come spring,with 5 gal buckets this time,cant hardly just change the water in a 33 gal can hahahah,gonna do pumpking,watermelon,canaloupe and honey dew melons in the buckets,same feed program

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quickly looking i would ask what are the ph changes in 24 hrs? If your ppm are going up like that I would think your ph would plummet causing all types of root stress, nutrient uptake issues and generally poor plant health.

First off as @Dirtbag said top up will some nutes not just tap. Generally 1/3 of the res ppm. Once you have added back 4 gallons you need to change the entire res. Otherwise your going to have nutrient ratio issues.

You ppm are far to high. I'm very certain you won't need over 500ppm of nutrients. You want the starting ppm to be 150ish but in this size container you will likely be doing complete res change outs almost every 3-4days. And topping up at least once a day with 33% strength nutes.

So take you tap water add 400-500ppm of nutes max and then give us the temps and humidity so we can get an idea of uptake. What kinda lights are you running and how close are they

hydro8139

hydro8139

Quickly looking i would ask what are the ph changes in 24 hrs? If your ppm are going up like that I would think your ph would plummet causing all types of root stress, nutrient uptake issues and generally poor plant health.

First off as @Dirtbag said top up will some nutes not just tap. Generally 1/3 of the res ppm. Once you have added back 4 gallons you need to change the entire res. Otherwise your going to have nutrient ratio issues.

You ppm are far to high. I'm very certain you won't need over 500ppm of nutrients. You want the starting ppm to be 150ish but in this size container you will likely be doing complete res change outs almost every 3-4days. And topping up at least once a day with 33% strength nutes.

So take you tap water add 400-500ppm of nutes max and then give us the temps and humidity so we can get an idea of uptake. What kinda lights are you running and how close are they
My starting ppm is around 250. . temp in both veg and bloom stay between 72-77 humidity in veg is around 60 amd bloom is around 45-50.. I just went down after my water change this morning ibe finally balanced ph to around 5.6 and my veg ppm is 900 and bloom is 1300

hydro8139

hydro8139

Heres my plants in bloom
20191222 115718

20191222 115709
hydro8139

hydro8139

Also @Aqua Man do you agree on going to the store and getting RO? I know itll probably help but is it necessary? My set up is a ways to carry a bunch of water every cpl days to but if I have to i will

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Make sure you flush it properly. There should be a video of how to. Before ya put the DI filter in if it has then flush the carbon for 5 min. After that put the DI filter in and flush for 30 min. Then your ready to use.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Make sure you flush it properly. There should be a video of how to. Before ya put the DI filter in if it has then flush the carbon for 5 min. After that put the DI filter in and flush for 30 min. Then your ready to use.

Will do in gonna buy a 30gal pressure tank and set it up for the RO

Porcupine

Porcupine

Always hard to tell with these things but it looks very similar to something that I went through with a couple strains recently. I tracked it down to a micronutrient deficiency, Iron in particular. It also affects Zinc and Manganese if I remember right. Find some good cuttings and renew her or up pot her if possible immediately. Try hitting it with both foliar and through addictives in your solution. Adding Fulvic Acid during foliar and Humic in solution may help.
Also, hows your humidity, I’m having a problem keeping mine high enough at the moment and am getting some leaf curl. Spraying twice a day has helped tremendously.
Just my two cents....

Peace

Porcupine

Porcupine

Always hard to tell with these things but it looks very similar to something that I went through with a couple strains recently. I tracked it down to a micronutrient deficiency, Iron in particular. It also affects Zinc and Manganese if I remember right. Find some good cuttings and renew her or up pot her if possible immediately. Try hitting it with both foliar and through addictives in your solution. Adding Fulvic Acid during foliar and Humic in solution may help.
Also, hows your humidity, I’m having a problem keeping mine high enough at the moment and am getting some leaf curl. Spraying twice a day has helped tremendously.
Just my two cents....

Peace
The up potting and renewing was in regards to vegging plants, you can definitely give a foliar of some good micronutrient additive with Fulvic Acid in flower though.

Peace

hydro8139

hydro8139

The up potting and renewing was in regards to vegging plants, you can definitely give a foliar of some good micronutrient additive with Fulvic Acid in flower though.

Peace
Humidty it pretty good around 60.. They seem to be eating good now 900ppm after I flushed and re nute everything yesterday also used a little hydroguard and great white and today ppm around 820 so I'm happy with that. On the worse leaves that are striped real bad or wilted should I keep those and they will come back or cut them @Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Humidty it pretty good around 60.. They seem to be eating good now 900ppm after I flushed and re nute everything yesterday also used a little hydroguard and great white and today ppm around 820 so I'm happy with that. On the worse leaves that are striped real bad or wilted should I keep those and they will come back or cut them @Aqua Man
They won't come back but the plant will canibalize them. Sometimes I remove em and sometimes I leave them depending how bad they are. If they are low hanging and resting on stuff I would leave em. No point stressing the plant more than it already is

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry should have said if they are low hanging or resting on anything I would remove them. If not let the plant use em

bunkerking

bunkerking

Wow that 50 gal ro system is only $50 shipped on amazon? That's pretty damn good. Always thought they were more.

Top Bottom