Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man I love leaves. Fan leaves are where the power collects during 12/12. A shame the nugs are so smal now. Defoling just the underside of the net would have been a much better option.
+1

I realized defoliation is a controversial subject, so to be fair here's the other side of the topic; and regardless of which side of the fence you come down on I think we all want to wish the OP the best of luck!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

+1

I realized defoliation is a controversial subject, so to be fair here's the other side of the topic; and regardless of which side of the fence you come down on I think we all want to wish the OP the best of luck!

All my research is done on that site XD. This one too

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well it was too crowded before but while i would not take all the leaves personally they were very healthy and vigorous looking before and they are in hydro so I am interested in what happens next.
Agree, about half as many plants in that sized tent would have been better
(remember Palmy from Riu?)🌴🤦‍♂️

Vagician

Vagician

I've seen some pretty densely packed tents before, you should be alright. Just keep that airflow in check. Eventually that top part of the canopy is going to fill in again. I'd remove every single bud and leaf that is below your net because they will steal energy and nutrients from the bigger buds at the top. They'll also be more prone to mold and bugs. Just go a little OCD on keeping the colas spaced using some green stretch ties and you'll be fine!

Anthem

Anthem

I seriously doubt some of the big growers would be taking plants down to 1 fan leaf before flip if there was an issue with potency. JB posts it on Instagram all the time!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

+1

I'm gonna try this when I get some good keepers. I already do trimming & training so I'll take it further soon & see what happens. I think the original post here was so shocking because they are basically single stalk instead of bushy but I really want to see how these girls turn out so please keep posting

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This was one of the better thread I could find on this topic

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

I want to say the book 3 a light shows defoliation to that point at about the same time the author did it.
Exactly! Some people dont understand that marijuana is a weed. They preform better under stress to a certain degree. Theres is a tipping point where as it will force females to hermaphrodite or die because the plant is out of homeostasis and cant not rebound to "normal"

THCMonster

THCMonster

Today was day 21 of flower of the strain ICED OUT and I defoliated all the leaves off the plants. I have so many questions since this is the first time Ive ever done it like this. Normally I just trim some off. Will this actually produce more yield? Is there any tricks I should do to produce more? I plan on doing a 67 day flower cycle. How much bigger will the colas get? Check out the before and after picture and let me know what you think!

Before
View attachment 943003

After
View attachment 943002

😂 I love how you ask this question AFTER you already did it!

Only time will tell! But good luck! Also who told you to do this? If you dont mind me asking.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

But why? I’m a rookie myself but the amount of stretch on those girls is crazy. Looked to be light starved at one point maybe? I’m also a pruner because I can’t keep my hands off them but I don’t see the benefits in doing it this drastically

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Ok I see now. Personally I would of trimmed a lot prior to flowering. They were thick in the first pic so those lower branches were shaded. Hopefully those lower ones pack on some buds.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Okay... Too many comments not to respond to. If you are here to learn, sit down and take your lesson like an adult or at least a mature child. Its time for my two cents!

1. I'm here to grow buds not leaves... (let that sink in for a sec beachwalker)

2. For the some of you that are in support and/or understand of what I done, I've taken pride your complements and advise. (Nugg, chemistry, ) For those that dont understand what Im doing, please educate yourself to more modern techniques. Look up Schwazzing, 3lbs per light or see link below. I didnt freak out because my leaves were yellow on the bottom.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-use-schwazzing-to-expose-your-buds-to-more-light-n867

3. Beachwalker, youre a asshat. You're are nothing but negative Nancy that gives bad`advice. Just because people dont grow like you, you assume they dont know what they are doing. I'll bet money my way produces better quality and more quantity than yours any day of the week!

watch what happens to these lower bud sites and the top colas are looking just fine btw!
Image1 2

Image0

View recent photos

IMG 1340
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom