Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
FourthCity

FourthCity

I get what youre saying. The buds will grow more leaves to compensate for the loss of leaves from defoliation. So rhe buds will have more leaf mass than they would have without the mass stripping.

Right?

I have to add that I have been noticing this with led grows since the cobs and boards got popular.

Do led grown buds have more leaf mass?

Cmh grown certainly does in my experience.
Yeah, more and or larger leaves in between the calyxs that would not be practical/possible to completely trim out. I don't know if my leds affect this too much but I still use hps in veg. Some of the strains I grow are already more leafy than others, I'm thinking massive defoliation could effect this just like some bud can be purple naturally but you can also use a cold environment to induce it in non purple strains.
Example (not my pics)
Leafy Bud
Leafy

Less Leafy Bud
Calyx1

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Why would you do that? While i prune my plants all the time you need some leaves left, if some of your leaves were turning yellow cutting them off is not going to solve the problem, often leaves turn yellow in flower, you dont cut off every leaf off the plant. In my opinion, see those yellow leaves? It's an auto and a dwarf 60 days old, im not going to cut off every single leaf, i dont care, it will be done soon enough.
You dont defoliate autos and your definitely aren't going to have high yield with 8 of them

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Could be better lighting and angle of pic .....
Also when you take skinny pants out of the frame , your brain sees different things.....
Could be that they also grew. i have a feeling your brain in particular cant see things that are obvious. Keep hating

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

This thread popped up in my “ hey look at this” list so Imma lookin. 6 plants in a 3x3? Maybe I’m doin somethin wrong I can barely fit one in a space that’s roughly 4x3. I have wondered if a massive leaf removal is helpfull or not and have to keep myself in check when I do remove leaves, once a few come off the fear is gone and I get all snip happy. Two days later its as if I hadn’t removed anything and shes all bushy again. I have a kinda system I follow when it comes to snippin leaves if I didn’t my ocd would cause my head to explode. Low and limp, long and leggy, shading a bud, those come off first then its kind of a matter of appearance snippin a few just to shape things up. I do this every few days if I didn’t the light wouldn’t get past the canopy. The other side is I leave a lot of stuff a more experienced grower would have long since removed. I wish I had room for 6 of these. 6 weeks veg now in third week flower the buds are really startin to plump up. Here’s somethin for after trimmin up fresh bud, well not you your already there, two or three slices of pepperoni in a bowl, microwave till the oil come out, eat the pepperoni, use the oil to clean the gooy stuff off of your fingers. Melts it right offView attachment 943657
its 8 plants in a 3x3

dire wolf

dire wolf

Could be that they also grew. i have a feeling your brain in particular cant see things that are obvious. Keep hating
Hey branded , i didnt mean that in a negative way , i meant that now that we see the plant at a different angle , and with a bit of richer color , the plants actually look , or actually are better than the initial impressions from the begining of the thread....

I was happy for you to see them looking so good

I didnt say they look bad ,

Im not against your grow , i wish you good luck...

Im not hating , im actually on your side as ive apologized already for neg comments to you twice ...

You better take a rest and chill , its not prison in here , not everyone is out to hurt you ...

Chill out , now you can apologize to me , since its your brain that is having a hard time seeing the " obvious"

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You also have a gift 🙌

Bullshit! I read a grow book and spent $1500 on too much crap. Then had every problem including thinking i had TMV but it was massive overwatering. Then I got the hang of it some. Environment seems most important. I had a very well controlled environment.

I should go in my old laptop and find the pics. It would make a good first grow thread.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I know you work hard on your grows and it shows ! What you do is not easy and not everyone can be successful even with that kind of effort. We all have a gift a talent a place, not all of us use our gift, you sir inspire fellow growers and help fellow patients with your expertise. sorry Imo you are a gifted farmer

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Thought by now snits would be done, guess not, would've been interesting to watch but not with the uneeded sniping comments included
Have you read his previous comments in the beginning of this tread? I promise you if you only knew me. I’m the most laid back person. I mean no harm. I’m just seriously trying to get information from some who have done this. Are there any things or tricks to do to help them recover. He’s could have keep his rude thoughts to himself but took it too far. Specially when I am asking for help or advice from someone more advanced and with knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom