Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Not that it matters in context to the OP (but this thread has been off the rails for awhile, so WTF) - but, no this isn't a fact. A fact is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and generally accepted as “true" (at least as close to truth as one can get in science). No one can say as a "fact" what Trichomes are for. You can't readily observe why they're on the plant . Trichomes can also help insulate the plant from freezing, protecting the plant from wind and heat by reducing evaporation, and protect plants from herbivorous insects. There's just way to many variables explaining why trichomes might be advantageous to plants, to suggest one explanation is a fact.
i never said that that was the only thing they do. i think i even suggested that they do much more

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Not that it matters in context to the OP (but this thread has been off the rails for awhile, so WTF) - but, no this isn't a fact. A fact is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and generally accepted as “true" (at least as close to truth as one can get in science). No one can say as a "fact" what Trichomes are for. You can't readily observe why they're on the plant . Trichomes can also help insulate the plant from freezing, protecting the plant from wind and heat by reducing evaporation, and protect plants from herbivorous insects. There's just way to many variables explaining why trichomes might be advantageous to plants, to suggest one explanation is a fact.
its fact. period....

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

im pretty sure the scientific community has confirmed trichome functions on a marijuana plant, and they do all that you listed and possibly more we are unaware of yet.
So they’ve confirmed it but there’s still more we are unaware of 🤦‍♂️ that statement sums it all up for me

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

So they’ve confirmed it but there’s still more we are unaware of 🤦‍♂️ that statement sums it all up for me
great! now you can troll on someone else post. you got proven wrong and you still want to talk out your ass

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

im pretty sure the scientific community has confirmed trichome functions on a marijuana plant, and they do all that you listed and possibly more we are unaware of yet.

There is likely more to be learned just as scientists are still discovering new compounds fairly frequently, it's also likely new additional light will be shed on trichomes and their purposes.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Not trying to be disrespectful, please dont take this the wrong way, but this is the point I was making and what I think a few other people are having issues with, if you are only "pretty sure" about something than it is not a fact, it is a belief at best. There is nothing wrong with this, I'm not suggesting you disregard logical or anecdotal evidence but they are not the same as fact, they are the starting points from which the search for facts begins. We are still in the infancy of researching marijuana, the scientific community hasn't repeated the studies supporting your statements on the scale that is required to call something a fact. To be more clear, it can be a fact that a study came to a specific conclusion but that doesn't make that conclusion a fact. If the conclusions of all scientific studies are to be believed than there are an awful lot of contradicting facts out there.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

You haven’t proven anything yet, we’ll you have but I won’t mention what that is. I’m still waiting for your confirmed scientific fact though
Here is some confirmed scientific fact

Last edited:
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Update Day 10 (after complete defoliation) The fan leaves have grown back so much and so fast that it doesn’t even look like I defoliated at all. I might have to do another leaf strip within the next few days. I have been clipping a few here and there that I feel were blocking light. It’s crazy and I will definitely be doing this again
0781372E 5D73 424F A10C D78F4D70CC63

These are looking rather yummy too
B5DA96E8 CF38 4AE1 8273 41105E7D5EE6

mancorn

mancorn

its fact. period....
In science, a fact is a repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experimentation or other means), also called empirical evidence. While there might be all kinds of widely accepted ideas and plausible explanations about why Cannabaceae have developed trichomes, none of these explanations are actual facts. Most likely there are multiple evolutionary (an actual theory by the way) reasons that the plant has developed trichomes, most of which you (nor I) know absolutely anything about. So making a bunch of declarative statements only makes you look foolish.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

In science, a fact is a repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experimentation or other means), also called empirical evidence. While there might be all kinds of widely accepted ideas and plausible explanations about why Cannabaceae have developed trichomes, none of these explanations are actual facts. Most likely there are multiple evolutionary (an actual theory by the way) reasons that the plant has developed trichomes, most of which you (nor I) know absolutely anything about. So making a bunch of declarative statements only makes you look foolish.
You might not know much about them, but fortunately I do... I get it and you should never call someone a fool, specially when you are the one ignorant about the subject

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Results prove theories

Not necessarily. We mostly see what we want to believe. Thats why the scientist conducting a real test has a control and is not allowed to personally participate.

In the case of drug testing. The doctor conducting the test isnt even allowed to know which patients got the placebo.

By the way your flowers look high quality. Nice job! But im sorry to say they do not look like they will be very big from the pic.

But i will admit i am wrong if i am.

mancorn

mancorn

You might not know much about them, but fortunately I do... I get it and you should never call someone a fool, specially when you are the one ignorant about the subject

What subject would that be (as I never said squat about your grow)?

You started this thread by saying "I have so many questions since this is the first time Ive [sp] ever done it like this". A week later you're making all these declarative statements, most of which are complete nonsense. You don't seem to have even a cursory knowledge about cause-and-effect, and from your own admission, almost nothing about what you're currently doing.

There have been multiple post suggesting that defoliating allows light to get on the lower buds and increases yield. Maybe. Albeit empirical evidence suggest that stripping leaves off a cherry tree, will not produce larger cherries. An equally plausible explanation (just pulled out of my ass this minute) may be that cannabis plant jacks up bud production when it's leaves are stripped, as a defense mechanism. If leaves are yummy for deer and buds aren't, then it would make sense that if deer chews off a bunch of leaves, then the plant will produce more buds to defend against it's leaves being eaten. Now I have no idea if this explanation has any merit what so ever and I'd be a complete fool if I starting claiming that this was a fact because I notice deer don't eat my plants when I strip leaves.

I'm sure 99% of the respondents on this tread would have been excited and interested in your grow if you hadn't responded to every post like a narcissistic know-it-all.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Update Day 10 (after complete defoliation) The fan leaves have grown back so much and so fast that it doesn’t even look like I defoliated at all. I might have to do another leaf strip within the next few days. I have been clipping a few here and there that I feel were blocking light. It’s crazy and I will definitely be doing this again
View attachment 945951

These are looking rather yummy too
View attachment 945952
Looks tasty that’s for sure

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

What subject would that be (as I never said squat about your grow)?

You started this thread by saying "I have so many questions since this is the first time Ive [sp] ever done it like this". A week later you're making all these declarative statements, most of which are complete nonsense. You don't seem to have even a cursory knowledge about cause-and-effect, and from your own admission, almost nothing about what you're currently doing.

There have been multiple post suggesting that defoliating allows light to get on the lower buds and increases yield. Maybe. Albeit empirical evidence suggest that stripping leaves off a cherry tree, will not produce larger cherries. An equally plausible explanation (just pulled out of my ass this minute) may be that cannabis plant jacks up bud production when it's leaves are stripped, as a defense mechanism. If leaves are yummy for deer and buds aren't, then it would make sense that if deer chews off a bunch of leaves, then the plant will produce more buds to defend against it's leaves being eaten. Now I have no idea if this explanation has any merit what so ever and I'd be a complete fool if I starting claiming that this was a fact because I notice deer don't eat my plants when I strip leaves.

I'm sure 99% of the respondents on this tread would have been excited and interested in your grow if you hadn't responded to every post like a narcissistic know-it-all.
Spot on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom