Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

I posted a plant i harvested to show a 600 can bud a 3 foot plant all the way down to the pot almost. Not a leaf taken from the bushy thing. But i keep a little space around my bushes.

I agreed with everything you said up to that point. Tons of pics in my thread of it. i rarely pick a leaf.
Exceptions certainly exist, better ballasts, hoods and bulbs can improve results for sure from the same wattage. I have a couple 550w LEDs that somehow manage to emit light all the way down to the pots as you mentioned while my 600s just don't seem to. Couldn't say why

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

What subject would that be (as There have been multiple post suggesting that defoliating allows light to get on the lower buds and increases yield. Maybe. Albeit empirical evidence suggest that stripping leaves off a cherry tree, will not produce larger cherries. An equally plausible explanation (just pulled out of my ass this minute) may be that cannabis plant jacks up bud production when it's leaves are stripped, as a defense mechanism. If leaves are yummy for deer and buds aren't, then it would make sense that if deer chews off a bunch of leaves, then the plant will produce more buds to defend against it's leaves being eaten. Now I have no idea if this explanation has any merit what so ever and I'd be a complete fool if I starting claiming that this was a fact because I notice deer don't eat my plants when I strip leaves.

Hmmm, kinda like a philodendron??? Plausible for sure

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

What subject would that be (as I never said squat about your grow)?

You started this thread by saying "I have so many questions since this is the first time Ive [sp] ever done it like this". A week later you're making all these declarative statements, most of which are complete nonsense. You don't seem to have even a cursory knowledge about cause-and-effect, and from your own admission, almost nothing about what you're currently doing.

There have been multiple post suggesting that defoliating allows light to get on the lower buds and increases yield. Maybe. Albeit empirical evidence suggest that stripping leaves off a cherry tree, will not produce larger cherries. An equally plausible explanation (just pulled out of my ass this minute) may be that cannabis plant jacks up bud production when it's leaves are stripped, as a defense mechanism. If leaves are yummy for deer and buds aren't, then it would make sense that if deer chews off a bunch of leaves, then the plant will produce more buds to defend against it's leaves being eaten. Now I have no idea if this explanation has any merit what so ever and I'd be a complete fool if I starting claiming that this was a fact because I notice deer don't eat my plants when I strip leaves.

I'm sure 99% of the respondents on this tread would have been excited and interested in your grow if you hadn't responded to every post like a narcissistic know-it-all.
Lmao! I never once said I knew it all and as a matter a fact, I did post this thread wanting information on what to do after the fact. Never should I or shouldnā€™t I strip all the leave off. It was a post wanting information on what to do with them now that Iā€™ve done it. 99% of those who have comment have made some Idiot-logical comments as to Iā€™m dumb for doing it. Say what youā€™d like but Iā€™m the one doing it and getting results. Iā€™m not a know it all but I do know now to grow good weed.

Douglas135

Douglas135

Oh snap , sorry , didnt mean to be a hater , i gave him the "you can save it option if you read my post ""

Guess just got a little carried away....

Hey nugg am i really in the " hater category now ? Im new here sorry about the sarcasm , so i deleted.....

But in my month here i think i generousley helped a whole lot of people šŸ˜Š

You dont hate me do you ?
But i am sticking with my " wow" comment , we all have a right to our opinion ...
Hey, I learn the hard way all the time. This doesn't look right though, I read that you should not even trim them. Even not cutting the leaves off does have apparent problems with the light getting through where it is most needed. I did trim off several leaves and got real nervous with how much the remaining leaves immediately showed stress. I think that was a mistake too. So, my theory is to trim leaves that are blocking the light but do so on a limited basis and quite gradually (instead of taking off too many leaves at once.) I think the idea of taking off lower leaves would make a nice airflow move, this will be one of my trials at some point.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Hey, I learn the hard way all the time. This doesn't look right though, I read that you should not even trim them. Even not cutting the leaves off does have apparent problems with the light getting through where it is most needed. I did trim off several leaves and got real nervous with how much the remaining leaves immediately showed stress. I think that was a mistake too. So, my theory is to trim leaves that are blocking the light but do so on a limited basis and quite gradually (instead of taking off too many leaves at once.) I think the idea of taking off lower leaves would make a nice airflow move, this will be one of my trials at some point.
Thanks for your opinion but you honestly have no clue what you are talking about

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for your opinion but you honestly have no clue what you are talking about

Yes he does. Its better to have a healthy leafy plant obviously. What you are doing is actually to help with air flow so what you have done doesnt hurt your results as much. Over crowded rooms are not ideal.

Healthy plants grow bigger better buds. Im sure of it. My results keep getting better the longer I keep their leaves green.

0D019AFB C5D5 4DA3 AD16 91290F200DCB
F750AF97 0C9F 4CBC A896 EB0697721EAB

Am I catching on yet?

Ever think its you who isnt listening to other points of view?

Douglas135

Douglas135

Yes he does. Its better to have a healthy leafy plant obviously. What you are doing is actually to help with air flow so what you have done doesnt hurt your results as much. Over crowded rooms are not ideal.

Healthy plants grow bigger better buds. Im sure of it. My results keep getting better the longer I keep their leaves green.

View attachment 946062View attachment 946063

Am I catching on yet?

Oh my, what beauty! Yeah, I will listen to this one. I readily admit I am a beginner. They only recently allowed us to grow a few plants so it's been trial and error all the way. I read plenty of articles and other forms of advice, typically only when a problem I don't understand pops up. Any advice is greatly appreciated, especially from such an obviously well experienced grower.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh my, what beauty! Yeah, I will listen to this one. I readily admit I am a beginner. They only recently allowed us to grow a few plants so it's been trial and error all the way. I read plenty of articles and other forms of advice, typically only when a problem I don't understand pops up. Any advice is greatly appreciated, especially from such an obviously well experienced grower.

Thank you.

Lots of trial and error to end up able to grow the pictured plant. Tried hundreds of times and with many methods of training.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

No they dont... thats where I believe you are wrong. i waited 21 days into flowering and they dont need the energy if you are replacing the stuff they use energy to make
Sorry, but most wait until day 21 to defoliate, since the plants will releaf until they devote (1-2 more weeks) more time and energy to flower instead of making new leaves. That's why you cut down on the N and increase the flowering nutrients (soil)Extreme anything is simply not in my own vocabulary.

below frigid

below frigid

Am I catching on yet?

Funny how these look so much healthier and higher yielding, Lol

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Defoliation is such a broad topic and it stands to reason that one answer is probably not correct for all scenarios.

Indoor vs outdoor, amount of light, spectrum of light, genetics/plant response, canopy density, and countless other variables influence whether or not defoliation is appropriate.

At the end of the day it just takes personal experience to determine what's best for your situation. Try both and see what happens

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Am I catching on yet?

I dont think you are. Pay close attention and this post will clear up a lot of your answers. Never assume! My tent area is made for maybe 4 plants max... i sprouted 8 seeds to get the one phenotype i want.. also known as pheno hunting. While doing so, a friend made me a bet that i couldnt grow all 8 in a 3x3 and top them too. And instead of killing off all other 7 I didnt want. I took his 3 zero bet. Two things i was aware of when i took this bet.... they are going to grow upward and not outward and they are going to cause a lot of humidity. so i looked up ways to solve both. Listen to this statement! NEVER would i have crowed my tent, i only posted this tread to get help from those who have done it, to find out what the secondary nutrients were and if there was anything i could do to help them go through the method i chose. Its a method called "SCHWAZZING"..... If you look at my pictures, you'll notice i left more of the feeder leaves at the top of the plant than what that method calls for. Im not interested in your opinion nor your non-expertise on the matter because you have no expertise on the method.... the reason my buds are so small is i topped the plants twice. (There are 64 total tops not including side branches, and around 90 something total stalks) <----- (impressive in itself) and Im am literally doing it in a 3x3 area with between 45-55% humidity. Please stop hating and start appreciating

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I dont think you are. Pay close attention and this post will clear up a lot of your answers. Never assume! My tent area is made for maybe 4 plants max... i sprouted 8 seeds to get the one phenotype i want.. also known as pheno hunting. While doing so, a friend made me a bet that i couldnt grow all 8 in a 3x3 and top them too. And instead of killing off all other 7 I didnt want. I took his 3 zero bet. Two things i was aware of when i took this bet.... they are going to grow upward and not outward and they are going to cause a lot of humidity. so i looked up ways to solve both. Listen to this statement! NEVER would i have crowed my tent, i only posted this tread to get help from those who have done it, to find out what the secondary nutrients were and if there was anything i could do to help them go through the method i chose. Its a method called "SCHWAZZING"..... If you look at my pictures, you'll notice i left more of the feeder leaves at the top of the plant than what that method calls for. Im not interested in your opinion nor your non-expertise on the matter because you have no expertise on the method.... the reason my buds are so small is i topped the plants twice. (There are 64 total tops not including side branches, and around 90 something total stalks) <----- (impressive in itself) and Im am literally doing it in a 3x3 area with between 45-55% humidity. Please stop hating and start appreciating
There is NOTHING to appreciate!

Snap1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom