Strong Enough Air Pump?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Hey guys so im in a 5gal single dwc and my air pump is a hailea 2202 model.
Specs are 2watt, 1.6l/minute. Came with the bucket an lid combo.
Feeling like its not doing enough for my girl, she is looking overwatered, real droopy

Thanks for the help
Strong enough air pump
Strong enough air pump 2

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hey guys so im in a 5gal single dwc and my air pump is a hailea 2202 model.
Specs are 2watt, 1.6l/minute. Came with the bucket an lid combo.
Feeling like its not doing enough for my girl, she is looking overwatered, real droopy

Thanks for the helpView attachment 584258View attachment 584259
Imo not near enough. I like to run at least 300gph per bucket. I'm currently running over 500gph per bucket. You can't have to much air. EBay has commercial aquarium air pumps. About $20 for a 500+gph.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I've bought a couple of those starter bucket kits. They are a good cheap way to get started. But first thing I did was upgrade the air pump to a 975gph for 2 buckets. I'm currently running about 1200 between 2. And about to add a 3rd bucket with another 975gph for a 10gal res.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Also any more info on grow? Nutes, temps, ph, ppm...
Yea man Ive just started to post, if you look at all from my name youll see everything. Going with fox farm dirty dozed nutrient kit, has a schedule for measures per gallon. Currently today nutes are about 270ppm. Ive just,done a flush Monday and have went way back on nutes trying to reaolve what seems to be cal deficiency. Ive run this pump from start and she started from seed. Planted feb 5th, sprouted feb 10th, everything was doing great up till about 2 weeks ago. Im thinking that during recovery time from the topping.....she 1 wasnt getting enough air, and 2 during this time my pheter had been .8 off so everynight getting exactly 5.6-5.8 ph measured, it was actually.much lower
Since then ive gone back to using 5drops per 5ml of res water ph measure way. Seems like my nearly 2 month vegging process could be wasted....

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Yea man Ive just started to post, if you look at all from my name youll see everything. Going with fox farm dirty dozed nutrient kit, has a schedule for measures per gallon. Currently today nutes are about 270ppm. Ive just,done a flush Monday and have went way back on nutes trying to reaolve what seems to be cal deficiency. Ive run this pump from start and she started from seed. Planted feb 5th, sprouted feb 10th, everything was doing great up till about 2 weeks ago. Im thinking that during recovery time from the topping.....she 1 wasnt getting enough air, and 2 during this time my pheter had been .8 off so everynight getting exactly 5.6-5.8 ph measured, it was actually.much lower
Since then ive gone back to using 5drops per 5ml of res water ph measure way. Seems like my nearly 2 month vegging process could be wasted....
Ok from this I gather it's a big kit if multiple boosters? That plant is really small for that age. Does your kit just have a base nutrient? Like a 3part.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Ok from this I gather it's a big kit if multiple boosters? That plant is really small for that age. Does your kit just have a base nutrient? Like a 3part.
Ok so she has had leaves removed along with flower tips that were starting. All she has now is 4 main leaves that are seeming to branch out. And for the nutes, to many to type out on this small,phone keyboard.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

There are a total of 9 diffrent nutrient bottles that will go into her grow if going by the hydroponic schedule. You can type foxfarm dirty dozen starter kit in google, that would be easy,for you to see their stats.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok so she has had leaves removed along with flower tips that were starting. All she has now is 4 main leaves that are seeming to branch out. And for the nutes, to many to type out on this small,phone keyboard.
I would drop it all except the base nutes. And add that 575gph pump from eBay. Here's my 30 day old auto. I couldn't pull the roots all the way out to show you the bubbles.
IMAG0143

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Also what are your temps like? If your res temp is 70° or more like mine I recommend hydroguard. It keeps roots perfect. And with the ph I just use a ph pen. Shows me digitally. It's hard to tell the color with those drop kits.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

There are a total of 9 diffrent nutrient bottles that will go into her grow if going by the hydroponic schedule. You can type foxfarm dirty dozen starter kit in google, that would be easy,for you to see their stats.
And bro all those additives ain't worth using unless you really know your strain and are way more experienced then I am. I've been grown 5 years now. And just recently got into issues in the last year trying to use additives. I swear all I use is base nutes hydroguard and when I get to flower bud candy. My best results have come from just base nutes and a sweetener/ booster for flower.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Nice. Yea well this is my first dwc grow so I guess these idiotic problems are nothing more than lessons being learned.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Nice. Yea well this is my first dwc grow so I guess these idiotic problems are nothing more than lessons being learned.
Nah don't be discouraged. Those companies prey on people that don't have experience. Msn they still have me wanting to add shit and I know better. Hydroguard will definitely clean those roots up.
You just need more bubbles and to back off the additives and and hydroguard. I swear you'll thank me.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Res temps never really seem to go above 73. Tent temps stay under 75, not sure what itll be like in summer. And the strain is Grand Daddy Purp from Old school breeders association

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Also what led are you running and how high is it?
240watt G8 LED an its 20inches or so from top. Canopy is cool to the hand. And yea check out the post in one of my other threads for the pic of the nute schedule. And also, foxfarm is the best soil company ive ever know .....great customer service. They are great .

Now what do you recommend I do as far as that one branch splitting open?

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

I dont think ai can go another week waiting on shipping. Trying to find a store closeby that I can pick all this up

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

240watt G8 LED an its 20inches or so from top. Canopy is cool to the hand. And yea check out the post in one of my other threads for the pic of the nute schedule. And also, foxfarm is the best soil company ive ever know .....great customer service. They are great .

Now what do you recommend I do as far as that one branch splitting open?
If you are talking about the main stem splitting Idk if there is anything you can do. And on nutes I'm against using a'll the additives. There's a lot of people I could tag that would tell you to go to just the base nutes.

The Dirty Dozen® Starter Pack contains nine pint liquids:Kangaroots®, Microbe Brew®,Bembé™, Sledgehammer®, Flowers Kiss®, Boomerang®, Big Bloom®,Tiger Bloom®, & Grow Big®

and three 6-Ounce solubles: Open Sesame®, Beastie Bloomz®, & Cha Ching®.
I assume the last 3 are the base nutes. And reading the kit out sounds more like a soil nutrient kit. I need to read more.

Top Bottom